test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Bug with Duty Officer particle Rewards

captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
edited April 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I got 5 particles on a fed character, went over to the guy and looked at the rewards. I thought i had pressed cancel but it seemed to complete, take my 5 particles and go into a 20 hour cooldown started.

I as far as i can tell did not get a duty officer, although i dont know if i am meant to pick him up somewhere else.

It feels like it bugged out and not only took the 5 particles when i did not want it to (although that could have just been me clicking the wrong thing) but my doff is nowhere to be seen.

anyone experienced anything like this?
Post edited by captainrevo1 on

Comments

• talnarstartalnarstar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, I got exactly the same problem only it took about 20 particles from me.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I myself had the exact same bug yesterday and posted about it here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1079141

It seems several other people have been affected by it as well.
  • guard41guard41 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hiya!

I just had the same thing happen to me i think. I collected a few particles then i found Meyer, he told me to get a junior officer so i picked one. I went and talked to Meyer again and clicked redeem as I wanted to see what the rewards were. It showed me just a common duty officer so i clicked cancel. I lost my particles, it didnt give me my duty officer and now it tells me i cant run it again until tomorrow :confused:
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Here is the thing. You can do the event even without any cadet on your side. But the problem comes when you talk to the event guy in the middle of it. Weird things happen. If you pick the mission from your missions tab, you go directly to the academy and start picking particles, you can do it with no problem at all. The only difference is , you will not receive those pop up messages telling you have enough particles for a doff. When you collect 75, what changes is, if you go to the guy now, the mission will not complete until you request a cadet. In that moment, all the popup messages will appear lol, and you will be granted the reward.

I mean, its obvious that cryptic again didnt put too much effort on this. Its very messed up (again). But well, i guess we should get used to it.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't think i'm going to bother too much with this event. Sounds like a waste of time for a mere uncommon quality DOFF.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same here. I also came across another bug.

I had 100 particles in my inventory. I claimed a Purple Duty Officer. I then lost the remaining 25 particles.

Normally I'm quite tolerant of bugs in the game, but did anyone check anything relating to this event before it launched?

-K
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Same here. I also came across another bug.

I had 100 particles in my inventory. I claimed a Purple Duty Officer. I then lost the remaining 25 particles.

Normally I'm quite tolerant of bugs in the game, but did anyone check anything relating to this event before it launched?

-K

That's intended when you complete the quest items for it disappear. Much like on New Romulus with plants or archeology finds. They don't want you to save them up for the next one.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Yup. The same mechanics applied to the academy event. Once you collect the reward, bye bye the remaining particles. In the case of the academy event, the remaining particles dissapeared after about 15 minutes from the inventory.
  • eeh19eeh19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Star Trek Online is developed by Cryptic Studios, creators of the massively successful Neverwinter and Champions Online. It’s built on the Cryptic Engine, a core technology that means our designers can focus less on a game’s nuts and bolts and more on creating a game that captures Star Trek’s essence, guaranteeing that both longtime fans of Star Trek and people new to the universe will feel at home.
  • nitefiuunitefiuu Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    semi-related:

i can't discard em and its blocking one of my inventory-slot for hours now

>also met with the cancel-thingy-bug that OP mentioned
    Battle Trek Online: KILL EVERYTHING
  • teknoweneteknowene Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello there,

I started the same mission, I have collected 99 particles now there is not option to get rid of them! I also talked to Meyer And cancelled the option at 35 particels as I did not realize the more you collected the better it got... So I cancelled, I lost my Cadet, and never worried about it, Now I Cannot get another on on the terminal, and Meyer does not have an option anymore to turn in the particles... I am Stuck it is obviously a bug but I am sure it has somethiing to do with the cancel button the first time he askes you to turn them in.

Just my 2 cents!

TekNoWene
  • teknoweneteknowene Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello there,

I started the same mission, I have collected 99 particles now there is not option to get rid of them! I also talked to Meyer And cancelled the option at 35 particels as I did not realize the more you collected the better it got... So I cancelled, I lost my Cadet, and never worried about it, Now I Cannot get another on on the terminal, and Meyer does not have an option anymore to turn in the particles... I am Stuck it is obviously a bug but I am sure it has somethiing to do with the cancel button the first time he askes you to turn them in.

Just my 2 cents!

TekNoWene