test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2409 Excelsior Design

daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
I just noticed that every enterprise class vessel has a 2409 skin, even the ambassador has a teeny tiny adjustment. so why not the Excelsior?
Post edited by daedalus304 on

Comments

• Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just noticed that every enterprise class vessel has a 2409 skin, even the ambassador has a teeny tiny adjustment. so why not the Excelsior?

The Ambassador's adjustment isn't 2409, that was a configuration from the shows.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What's the NX's 2409 equivalent? (Please don't say the Akira).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ltdata96ltdata96 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The ... Akira ... of course (someone had to do it ;) )
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Thunderchild.

=3
  • Options
    edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited April 2014

There isnt one.
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There isnt one.

exactly. however the op stated "Every Enterprise has a 2409 skin BUT the excelsior" therefor, if the NX doesnt have one, his statement is false.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There is no 2409 refit of the Ambassador either. The Excelsior is way outdated in the games timeframe and the Regent type completely substitutes the Excelsior both gameplay wise and lore wise.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The Excelsior has no need for a 2409 redesign. Like a fine wine, it only gets better and more valuable as it ages.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The NX IS a 2409 revamp. Look in the ship. Those aren't actual NX ships, they are replica's, and as such a 2409 revamp.

However
    - Constitution doesn't have one
    - Excelsior has the Fleet skin and doesn't need more
    - Ambassador has the Fleet skin and doesn't need more

So yeah, disagreed.

If they want to focuss on the Excelsior, give us an Excelsior bridge pack. Now that would be something I'd put money in.
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    The NX IS a 2409 revamp. Look in the ship. Those aren't actual NX ships, they are replica's, and as such a 2409 revamp.

That's not quite what the OP was getting at though. I believe they were suggesting that the Galaxy has the Venture skin, and the Sovereign has the Reagent. And the Constitution has the Exeter.

At least that's how I read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Technically, the Sovereign is the replacement for the Excelsior as mentioned by the ship's designer that was supported by other production crew (Drexler and Okuda), so the Excelsior does have its upgrade.
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2014

However
    - Constitution doesn't have one
    - Excelsior has the Fleet skin and doesn't need more
    - Ambassador has the Fleet skin and doesn't need more

So yeah, disagreed.

If they want to focuss on the Excelsior, give us an Excelsior bridge pack. Now that would be something I'd put money in.

you sadden the exeter-class
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014

It's not a 2409 revamp, refit, or retrofit. It's a replica, like how one might build a replica of the Santa Maria using things like modern power tools and metallurgy.
  • Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited April 2014
    Technically the Ent-B was actually another ship be fore re-christening it the NCC-1701-B. There was no plan to make an enterprise for the Excelsior class. Actuallyt the Enterprise was supposedly the First of the Lakota Sub Class of the Excelsior class.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Technically the Ent-B was actually another ship be fore re-christening it the NCC-1701-B. There was no plan to make an enterprise for the Excelsior class. Actuallyt the Enterprise was supposedly the First of the Lakota Sub Class of the Excelsior class.

Source? I've heard that as a possibility for the origins of the Enterprise-A, but never the -B.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Source? I've heard that as a possibility for the origins of the Enterprise-A, but never the -B.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Enterprise_%28NCC-1701-B%29
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Nowhere in there does it say the Ent-B was a rechristened ship, only that the physical filming model was a reuse of the Excelsior filming model.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    hravik wrote: »
    Nowhere in there does it say the Ent-B was a rechristened ship, only that the physical filming model was a reuse of the Excelsior filming model.

USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-B) was a refited Federation Excelsior-class starship that was in service with Starfleet in the late 23rd century. This was the third Federation starship to be commissioned to bear the name Enterprise.

A refit means the ship was at least close to being service. It happens today, there is going to be another Enterprise Carrier most like with its ship number replacing one that is close to being finished.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    A refit means the ship was at least close to being service. It happens today, there is going to be another Enterprise Carrier most like with its ship number replacing one that is close to being finished.

Wrong. The Ent-A was a new ship according to the movies, yet its still considered a refit Constitution type.

As far as the carrier Entperise, CVN-80 has already been named as the successor. A ship that hasn't even had its keel laid down, and will not likely be in service before 2025.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Wrong. The Ent-A was a new ship according to the movies, yet its still considered a refit Constitution type.

The refit in this case doesn't refer to a ship itself actually undergoing a refit, but instead that it belongs to a modified subclass. Under this classification system, the USS Ronald Reagan would be a Nimitz-class refit, despite having been built in its variant configuration.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The refit in this case doesn't refer to a ship itself actually undergoing a refit, but instead that it belongs to a modified subclass. Under this classification system, the USS Ronald Reagan would be a Nimitz-class refit, despite having been built in its variant configuration.

I knew that already?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I knew that already?

I was adding on to your statement, explaining how a freshly built ship could be considered a "refit."
  • Options
    edited April 2014

As far as the carrier Entperise, CVN-80 has already been named as the successor. A ship that hasn't even had its keel laid down, and will not likely be in service before 2025.

First I am aware of what the movie said but the reality is a starship is not new ship with a 7 year life expectancy
    According to Gene Roddenberry, the NCC-1701-A was not a newly-constructed ship, but instead was the renamed USS Yorktown, a nod to the name of the starship in his original pitch for Star Trek. This was based on the fact that it was difficult to believe that Starfleet would build a whole new ship in such a short time, and then decommission it a short while after, and the early retirement of the Enterprise-A could be justified if the ship had been in service for many years under another name.

As for the CVN-80 she had a preliminary name until it was decided and approved by all that served on the Enterprise if they wanted the name to go on another carrier. The preliminary was that CVN 79 or 80 was going to be the Forrestal since it has been decommissioned longer.
  • Options
    showmeyourhonorshowmeyourhonor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Why mess with perfection?
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    First I am aware of what the movie said but the reality is a starship is not new ship with a 7 year life expectancy

As for the CVN-80 she had a preliminary name until it was decided and approved by all that served on the Enterprise if they wanted the name to go on another carrier. The preliminary was that CVN 79 or 80 was going to be the Forrestal since it has been decommissioned longer.

Unless you are privy to classified material, that was all speculation. The announcement of the CVN-80 as the Enterprise was the first official name for the third Ford-class CVN and it was done with a PR event to show that the name would live on when the CVN-65 deactivated.

As for the Enterprise-A, who knows why the ship was retired after seven years (canon-wise), however given Kirk's final statement of TUC, it was a possibility that the ship would serve on until Generations came around snuff that one out.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Like the Excelsior just fine.

Would throw money at Cryptic for a Twok era Bridge, and interior pack.Phaser, and Torpedo effect set as well.Like to see some Twok era ground phasers in the c-store.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To defend my post (number 10)

No, the NX class is not a 2409 design. However, since she was build up from the ground instead of actually using a NX, I count this as a 2409 design.

As for Constitution, I was talking about the TOS one. The TMP is a refit Constitution, and the Exeter is a refit TMP Constitution. not a refit TOS Constitution. It is the grandchild, not the actual child.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just want type six hull for all C store ships....Why does the Steamrunner get Huh WHY!! WHY!!!!!!! :mad::);)

but glad you id give it to the Sovereign, becasue the other skins make her look rusty., oh and the Akira, and the Intrepid....why not the Defiant RAAAAGE!!!

But you don't always need bells and whistles on stuff...sometimes all you need is a paint job.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2014

The Enterprise B was a brand new starship. She was not another ship prior. She was just a different hull design/modification on the basic Excelsior space frame. She was freshly christened, not re-christened and as Generations showed us, incomplete. Had it been another ship previously it would have had all it's gear. Also it's name wasn't hastily changed as a "reward" for her Captain like the Ti-Ho(Enterprise A) was for Kirk. Enterprise B was not a ship that was previously in service that just got a name change. The Lakota is actually just a sister ship to the Enterprise B. They are all Excelsiors.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama