test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Happy First Contact Day!

captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Ten Forward
On this day 59 years from today, our children will make contact with a highly advanced race known as the Vulcans. This day shall forever drag our race out of the heap of the wreckage of war and into an age of interstellar travel. We shall innovate to the stars.
Why is this day important? Because I'm a Trekkie.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
"I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
Post edited by captclazorus on

Comments

• moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Live long...and prosper.
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2014
    On this day 59 years from today, our children will make contact with a highly advanced race known as the Vulcans. This day shall forever drag our race out of the heap of the wreckage of war and into an age of interstellar travel. We shall innovate to the stars.
    Why is this day important? Because I'm a Trekkie.

Children!?
    In 59 years I'll be there.

With a shotgun :D.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aeonthehermitaeonthehermit Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like this idea, but I think our immediate future has more in common with the likes of Fallout or Metro 2033 or Mad Max than anything along the lines of Trek.

" I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst. "

-Elim Garak
    STO in a shellnut.
    "I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst."
    -Elim Garak
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,449 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgements."
    -Zefram Cochrane, 10 years after First Contact
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • slyism3003slyism3003 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just finished watching First Contact. Just thought that it's funny that the Federation started in a bar with a broken jukebox. May take out the Soveveign today (the original U.S.S. Orlando).

VADM Malinda Leisha Ketchem, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Orlando;)
  • captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Whoops, mistake. make that 49 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
  • johnchrightonjohnchrighton Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Happy First Contact Day

Fought some Borg in my Sovereign and Defiant class ships and got a Phoenix replica and ten lobi after commanding the U.S.S. Odyssey, I mean Enterprise.
    Headlong into mystery
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited April 2014
    If I live long enough to reach the age of 96, I hope to remember to compare 2063 ST:FC version vs. reality. I have the feeling reality will take longer than 49 years to reach the ST:FC version of 2063. People would rather spend trillions on war and billions on Hollywood movies and millions on megamansions rather than looking to the future. If there's anything in reality like Vulcans, they're probably observing this chaotic, overpopulated, polluted, etc. planet and wondering how we managed to survive for so long without self-destructing ourselves and destroying the planet. But if they did come, maybe we'd have yet another opportunity to improve ourselves as an entire species, not just one or two parts of it. One can hope so.
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited April 2014
    Whoops, mistake. make that 49 years.

Only if Liber8 and the Protector don't change the future. :D
  • lilchibiclarililchibiclari Member Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I like this idea, but I think our immediate future has more in common with the likes of Fallout or Metro 2033 or Mad Max than anything along the lines of Trek.

" I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst. "

-Elim Garak
    If I live long enough to reach the age of 96, I hope to remember to compare 2063 ST:FC version vs. reality. I have the feeling reality will take longer than 49 years to reach the ST:FC version of 2063. People would rather spend trillions on war and billions on Hollywood movies and millions on megamansions rather than looking to the future. If there's anything in reality like Vulcans, they're probably observing this chaotic, overpopulated, polluted, etc. planet and wondering how we managed to survive for so long without self-destructing ourselves and destroying the planet. But if they did come, maybe we'd have yet another opportunity to improve ourselves as an entire species, not just one or two parts of it. One can hope so.

Star Trek has First Contact happening while Earth is still rebuilding from World War Three, a war in which some six hundred million people died and nuclear weapons were used by multiple sides. Other references to the era between now an First Contact (e.g. the Bell Riots, where America has massive slums full of destitute unemployed people) seriously imply that we will pass through the fire before we come into the light.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    what if this is the mirror universe reality