test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next NOBS Turney

grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
edited April 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Hello @ aLL,..

what do you think about a next NOBS Turney,..

If we have a lot of Teams it will be nice.

greetings
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
*** R.I.P. ***
Post edited by grandpadxx on

Comments

• Options
    majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You'd need to ban the entire Romulan faction for such a tournament because their entire faction is BS.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • Options
    livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think it would be great, but the NBS rules are way out of date and the community needs sit sit down and hash out a new agreement.
  • Options
    boomboom8boomboom8 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    something like that sounds fun. how many would i need to have to do a group
  • Options
    realminirealmini Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    livinrtb wrote: »
    I think it would be great, but the NBS rules are way out of date and the community needs sit sit down and hash out a new agreement.

i really like the idea of a no "bs rules" tournament. i know i dont have my panties in a bunch over ANYTHING in the game right now. no holds barred. ill host some tournys when kdfs get their love. be scairt
  • Options
    therealmttherealmt Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    didnt most teams disappear to other games? there isnt much left of the old community except some scrapes and bits
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    playhard88playhard88 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Too much TRIBBLE for a no-bs tournament, the ruleset will have like 20 pages.
    John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
    Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
    K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
    Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)
  • Options
    ilhanskilhansk Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    therealmt wrote: »
    didnt most teams disappear to other games? there isnt much left of the old community except some scrapes and bits

I've heard some "scrapes and bits" are playing with golden robots or barbie dolls or something. but there are still enough fleets and players around to conduct tournaments and all. IC would be willing to host.

Rules would have to be carefully adjusted obviously. Which can be done.
    Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some STO pew pew PVP action!

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I would have to talk to my fleet but were starting to get into the pvp scene and if i told them about it i think they would be interested in participating but we would need to hash out some rules before i go spilling this to the fleet so we know what to get ready for
  • Options
    chaplincharlie1chaplincharlie1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ilhansk wrote: »
    Rules would have to be carefully adjusted obviously. Which can be done.

No Pandas like last time?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    No Pandas like last time?

That's up to them.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    That's up to them.

We are allowed in this if we want? That's good to know. Glad your balls have dropped.

I'm curious how the neuticles feel?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We are allowed in this if we want? That's good to know. Glad your balls have dropped.

I'm curious how the neuticles feel?

Your interest in other mens genitalia is a bit awkward, but thx for asking my balls are bigger then yours.

Greetings to mikey and to your other girlfriend.

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Before things get a wee bit too serious here, I'd just like to point out something that I always found funny about the tournament name. It would generally appear in thread titles as "No BS" as such, etc, etc, etc. For some reason, I could never not add a second "o" to it - not a comment on anybody participating by any means - c'mon, this is me - I'm in no position to say such a thing in the least. It was just always funny - I'm glad that this thread had NOBS instead...cause one could only go on so long looking at NooBS without having to say something. Course, NOBS makes me think of Nobz...and I miss WH40K...and nobody cares, right? So anyway, this appears to be turning into one of those typical fleet/hate things...meh. So I'm just adding my lil' mini wall 'o text - it's kind of paining me not not to hit enter to break this into paragraphs; but I just wanted to say the bit about the NOBS vs. No BS and how I appreciated that...as well as point out that if one were trying to grow a PvP community, well - disliking one another and all that is great and all...but don't you think it's kind of a turn-off to some folks and will make it harder to grow the community when they keep seeing that kind of stuff? Oh well, in the end - somebody's got to die, and if you won't blow me up - I will! Hell, leave me along long enough and it's going to happen...Willard the Rat was killed. Yep, Willard's a...er...never mind.
  • Options
    scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    *Sigh* Here we go again. You guys should really learn to *sunglasses* let it go.
    Before things get a wee bit too serious here, I'd just like to point out something that I always found funny about the tournament name. It would generally appear in thread titles as "No BS" as such, etc, etc, etc. For some reason, I could never not add a second "o" to it - not a comment on anybody participating by any means - c'mon, this is me - I'm in no position to say such a thing in the least. It was just always funny - I'm glad that this thread had NOBS instead...cause one could only go on so long looking at NooBS without having to say something. Course, NOBS makes me think of Nobz...and I miss WH40K...and nobody cares, right? So anyway, this appears to be turning into one of those typical fleet/hate things...meh. So I'm just adding my lil' mini wall 'o text - it's kind of paining me not not to hit enter to break this into paragraphs; but I just wanted to say the bit about the NOBS vs. No BS and how I appreciated that...as well as point out that if one were trying to grow a PvP community, well - disliking one another and all that is great and all...but don't you think it's kind of a turn-off to some folks and will make it harder to grow the community when they keep seeing that kind of stuff? Oh well, in the end - somebody's got to die, and if you won't blow me up - I will! Hell, leave me along long enough and it's going to happen...Willard the Rat was killed. Yep, Willard's a...er...never mind.

MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!! You betrayed me........virusdancer posts should have good paragraphing. IMPOSTER!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    *wot*

It usually takes just one embittered troll post for a thread go down the ****ter, and it seems that somehow the "embittered post" ratio is rising. what seems odd is that a good bunch of these posts are coming from currently inactive players...

• Options
    edited April 2014
    It usually takes just one embittered troll post for a thread go down the ****ter, and it seems that somehow the "embittered post" ratio is rising. what seems odd is that a good bunch of these posts are coming from currently inactive players...

Start this event and don't ban us. We will win like we always do.

We aren't the best PVP fleet like you have claimed to be! If you want to bait us try harder.

lol
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Start this event and don't ban us. We will win like we always do.

We aren't the best PVP fleet like you have claimed to be! If you want to bait us try harder.

lol

I cannot even begin to count how often certain Panda members declared their superiority over others, in the forums or in-game; others may be guilty too but Pandas are/were definitally the worst offenders.

I did not claim to be the best fleet.

Around next week we will probably announce date and rules.

• Options
    ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Get a room you 2 :P

I'd be down, either a panda team (if I can get any :P)

Or I'd put a pug team together...must stop the evil IC from winning XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Around next week we will probably announce date and rules.

Yes,.. its time for this.

I cant wait..

- big time matches..

- rules for good gameplay..

- no BS

and a lot of fun for everbody.
    l

It will be great !

:)

greetings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ...must stop the evil IC from winning XD

If IC decides to host, it may mean we are not "eligable" as regular contenders...

• Options
    entrax11entrax11 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If IC decides to host, it may mean we are not "eligable" as regular contenders...

I think concerning this, there should be an exception this time. We need as many good contenders as we can get.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I think a tourney would be fun depending on if I have work and can set up a team might be fun

So have the rules been hashed out and a time been decided for it
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This time we will not stop to 4th place :cool:

I remember the old ones were a lot funny, lets see what set of rules we can plan the ensure the balance... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    inexplicabletiminexplicabletim Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Please have same rules as no bs#3 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=817631
    No clickable universal consoles
    No use of integrated ship cloaks (battle cloak and advanced battle cloak)

• Options
    edited April 2014
    The main thing for me is what time is this going down so I know if I have work or not and what the rules are so I can try to get a team together
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Please have same rules as no bs#3 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=817631

Yes this was our " Old School NO BS " Turney.. this was really nice.

We will see..

btw. Hank,.. you are drunk ?

What ?? :D

greetings
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *** R.I.P. ***
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    grandpadxx wrote: »
    btw. Hank,.. you are drunk ? What ?? :D

Haha I knew you'd like that! :D

If there is enough support from other fleets we might considere a No-Console/No-Cloak tournament. What we are considering at the moment is a rather modest restriction regarding some items and abilities. Gonna talk to some possible participants to check out what the current vibe is...

• Options
    naz4naz4 Member Posts: 1,373 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Best way to host is just make the rules as few as possible. Forget the debate and host it.

Things that bring drama:

Unwritten rules
    Rules that cant be measured or enforced instantly i.e. no more than 3 ams per team would be pointless
    Allowing people to debate rules before tournament

Just say the rules and be done with it.
  • Options
    wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited April 2014

what about regular cloak :confused:
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited April 2014

This was the best No BS tournament, and the only I could even think on participate.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com