test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Couldn't Transfer Character" error

drzekkidrzekki Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
My character is stuck at K7 station (publick ground), when i try to teleport back to my ship, or a PvE/PvP/My Bridge, etc. I got a "Couldn't Transfer Character" Error that logs me out. When i try to change instance its says "no possible maps". I'm not currently in any mission whatsoever (i drop them all) :mad:

This error only happens with only one of my four characters in the same account. That character being Ze'K-Ki@drzekki

I am unable to even play with this character wich it is my main one! :mad:

I already submit like a zillon of request and all of them have been answered, with no usefull tips and guides like the ones below :(

If you find that you have become stuck in a public zone, such as Earth Spacedock, please try changing instances. Doing this should return you to the nearest spawn point with no associated penalty.

If you are stuck in any space map, using "Transwarp" should return you to Earth Spacedock or Qo'noS depending on your faction.

Should you become stuck inside of mission you can try the "Abort Mission" button located at the top left of the minimap which should allow you to leave immediately. Please note that this option will cancel any progress made in that mission, however, you should see the option to continue the mission once you have returned to sector space.

If you are stuck in a PVP ground instance, you can use the "Abort Mission - Beam to Ship" button to your ship. Alternately, if you are stuck in a Space instance, the "Abort Mission - Depart System" button should also be available. This button is located at the top left corner of the minimap and should return you to your previous location.

If you have tried all of the above and are still stuck, logging out for 15-30 minutes should remove the character from the instance completely. If for some reason you are still unable to free yourself, you can request GM assistance by clicking the "?" next to the minimap and clicking the "Request GM assistance" button. Be sure to file the ticket under the "Stuck" category.

1. Close all programs that aren't needed to run the game to free up as much RAM as possible when playing the game.

2. Lower in-game graphical settings. You can also try running in safe mode. To do this, go to Options in the game launcher, and check the Safe Mode box. Also make sure your video drivers are fully updated.

3. You may have to be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access (right-click and select run as administrator) to be able to download, install, update, and run the game. If on Windows Vista or 7, you may have to change the level of your UAC settings or turn them off temporarily.

4. You can try trying the compatibility mode of the game launcher. Right-click, go to properties, and go to the Compatibility tab. Check the 'Run this program in....." and try different modes, such as XP SP2 Compatibility mode.

5. Verify your game files by going into Options in the game launcher, and checking the Force-Verify box, then let that complete.

If you find that you have become stuck in a public zone, such as Earth Spacedock, please try changing instances. Doing this should return you to the nearest spawn point with no associated penalty.

Should you become stuck inside of mission you can try the "Abort Mission" button located at the top left of the minimap which should allow you to leave immediately. Please note that this option will cancel any progress made in that mission, however, you should see the option to continue the mission once you have returned to sector space.

Additionally, a quick log out and back in has also been known to resolve certain stuck issues and return you to your current instance or mission.

If you are stuck in any space map, using "Transwarp" should return you to Earth Spacedock or Qo'noS depending on your faction.

In the event that these options still do not resolve your issue please update this ticket with as many details as possible and we will attempt to contact you.

To help solve this, please logout of the game for no less than 15 to 30 minutes. After this time has lapsed, your character should be back in Sector Space when you login again. You can then continue your mission on the phase or stage where you left off.

If the issue persists, please submit a bug report with all the information related to it directly to our QA team. Simply click the "?" icon located on your minimap and select "Report a Bug".

Do note that bug reports are reviewed by members of the QA team and you will not be able to edit or view any reported bugs.

I also recommend posting this to our Gameplay Bug Reports forum, as this would be a good topic to discuss with the Moderators and QA. Our Development Team and Community Teams check the forums often as well.

None of them work.

Post edited by drzekki on

Comments

• Options
    kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    welcome to the club. I have had a lvl 50 science officer trapped since december:D
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D