test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reputation Traits

Comments

• shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    samt296 wrote: »
    Its not bad when it preserves balance and gives more variety to building ships!

I'm done trying to argue with you... You sound more entitled and b*tchy than a KDF player who does PVP!

Go give your head a frickin' shake! Of course to do that you will first need to remove it from your TRIBBLE. :rolleyes: :D

How's about kiss my a**? Hmm?
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

edited March 2014
    Hawk already said they're going to look into that. So that might stick around. But even if it doesn't, the gear sets from that rep all have frequency remod ability on it. So I don't see much of an issue here.

Without it you bet it will be, if other's use the identical energy type figure refrequencing every 1-5 shots. Heck for that matter it will be like before they even added the rep trait, and making you do it every 1-5 shots typically.

• cmdbarstowcmdbarstow Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    BAD MOVE !

Never take away skills or items that a player has earned through time spent in game
    and the rep system represents a very large chunk of time spent grinding
    for many players. If grinding for traits does not appeal to you no problem
    but taking away the use of a trait is wrong.

1. If existing traits were broken fix them. If you want to boost them fine.
    But do not take something away from a player who earned it, yes point repeated for
    effect.

2. Anyone who has played this game knows that power creep is an issue. However
    conversation in fleet chat and Teamspeak have pointed to other solutions than nerfs.
    For instance instead of taking the easy way out with a nerf, create more playable
    content STFs in particular which are harder and demand the better equipment
    and traits to win. We all like a challenge and no cake walk STf would be very nice indeed.

3. This is a non issue for pvp if you are fully leveled up and have finished rep traits then all
    things are equal if not then you will be at a disadvantage no matter what system is used.

4. As has been discussed in our fleet many times the the lack of end game content and
    a lack of serous pvp options for players and fleets and the idea of lets just add more
    grinding to the game for more stuff which can either be nerfed or taken away has driven
    off many veteran players. Reduced player numbers has been acknowledge by
    Perfect world.

Make no mistake this is a nerf you will not be able to use all traits earned at the same
    time under this new system.
    Time to wake up and smell the coffee do not create further ill feelings toward the game
    and loose more players.
  • samt296samt296 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Even worse, so now not including the undine rep they narrowed it down to 32 total, while only 12 can be active, than throw in 8 more for the undine rep making 40-12=28 that cannot be active at any given moment.

you forgot something... you can only use HALF of them right now... 40/2 = 20

20-12 = 8 lost
    "When people ask stupid questions I feel obligated to give sarcastic answers."

Keltoi Class... fan design. You KNOW you want one In-game!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    How's about kiss my a**? Hmm?

I would but its difficult to do with your head in the way... :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Troll thread, made to troll and be trolled. Goodbye.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
    edited March 2014
    cmdbarstow wrote: »
    BAD MOVE !

Never take away skills or items that a player has earned through time spent in game
    and the rep system represents a very large chunk of time spent grinding
    for many players. If grinding for traits does not appeal to you no problem
    but taking away the use of a trait is wrong.

1. If existing traits were broken fix them. If you want to boost them fine.
    But do not take something away from a player who earned it, yes point repeated for
    effect.

2. Anyone who has played this game knows that power creep is an issue. However
    conversation in fleet chat and Teamspeak have pointed to other solutions than nerfs.
    For instance instead of taking the easy way out with a nerf, create more playable
    content STFs in particular which are harder and demand the better equipment
    and traits to win. We all like a challenge and no cake walk STf would be very nice indeed.

3. This is a non issue for pvp if you are fully leveled up and have finished rep traits then all
    things are equal if not then you will be at a disadvantage no matter what system is used.

4. As has been discussed in our fleet many times the the lack of end game content and
    a lack of serous pvp options for players and fleets and the idea of lets just add more
    grinding to the game for more stuff which can either be nerfed or taken away has driven
    off many veteran players. Reduced player numbers has been acknowledge by
    Perfect world.

Make no mistake this is a nerf you will not be able to use all traits earned at the same
    time under this new system.
    Time to wake up and smell the coffee do not create further ill feelings toward the game
    and loose more players.

Agreed, instead they settle for more grind with no reward and say this is balance instead of harder content, more player limitations outside of reps heaven forbid they lose any of that, but they are quick to thumbs up some mediocre rep powers taking a huge penalty in the form of cap limitation.

edited March 2014
    I would but its difficult to do with your head in the way... :D

In that case just move closer you blind f***.

edited March 2014

Well its been fun trading barbs but I refuse to get caught up in an all out battle of wits... Its against my morals to attack an unarmed person. :D

In other words... BITE ME!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nakedcrooknakedcrook Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Frankly OP...you have no right to talk about how great this change is because you are not losing anything.

Vets who have maxed reps and builds that have a viability that depend on the current rep system stand to lose a lot. I havd Science captains that depend on almost all of the rep passives they have. What good are they now?

You like these changes cause you don't suffer as a result.

Go and max your rep on several toons...then come back and give your support to this system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited March 2014
    long time players are punished for all the hard work they did !
    edited March 2014
    Well its been fun trading barbs but I refuse to get caught up in an all out battle of wits... Its against my morals to attack an unarmed person. :D

In other words... BITE ME!!!

Can't considering you said my head is stuck up my a**, so you can oblige by doing it yourself or let some stay dog do it for you.

• dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    He's running on fumes now. Called you "entitled." Fashionable buzz words is all he's got.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2014
    Normally I just log in these days to move rep bars along and grind STFs. I haven't started the game up in about 3 days, and have no plans of starting it up anytime soon since the announced rep change.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
    edited March 2014
    He's running on fumes now. Called you "entitled." Fashionable buzz words is all he's got.

Yeah entitled to nothing, considering I am a F2P player who pays based on how I am allowed to progress as most put it power creep wise, not power restricted wise meaning little or no spending for me. :P

edited March 2014
    long time players are punished for all the hard work they did !

Amen. From your mouth to God's ears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2014
    nakedcrook wrote: »
    Amen. From your mouth to God's ears.

Yep now we are rewarded with more rep grind only to gain almost nothing other than some new rep gear, and more rep passives at the cost of not being able to use others.

• oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    P.S. I should NOT have to grind my TRIBBLE off before I can even begin to play the game "normally."

Gee, absolutely no sense of entitlement there, no siree Bob, not there. Nope, the "I just started so I should have everything just handed to me because the people who have been playing longer have more stuff than I do and it's not fair waaa waaa waaa." entitlement attitude is just not there at all.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • slider121slider121 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    agree and NEW CONTENT WOULD BE AWESOME STF WISE
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Frankly OP...you have no right to talk about how great this change is because you are not losing anything.

Vets who have maxed reps and builds that have a viability that depend on the current rep system stand to lose a lot. I havd Science captains that depend on almost all of the rep passives they have. What good are they now?

You like these changes cause you don't suffer as a result.

Go and max your rep on several toons...then come back and give your support to this system.
    This is in regards to the bolded part: So, a person who is in favor of the change has no right to voice his support for the change while those who are against it have every right to voice their opposition for it? In what world do you live where you can dictate what someone can and cannot do with their opinion? The OP has every right to voice his support just as much as you have every right to voice your opposition.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Reps with limits is like grind with no reward, and again a 50 cap on 100 possible is correct.

But there is a reward.

1) You get a new ability to choose from. Do you think that betting a new bridge officer is not a reward, because you already filled all your slots? If you get an entirely new shield array, do you complain "It's useless, I already got a shield"?

2) There are other rewards in the reputation system.
    - Dilithium (which you can also use to acquire Zen, not just gear, so you can get fleet modules, special ships and what not)
    - Costume Unlocks
    - New Gear
    - New Bridge Officers or Duty Officers
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I started playing this game at release with 5 other friends. Of the 5 i'm the only one still playing. I never like grinding for anything in mmo's. And its always end game uber gear that your grinding for. My friends did this and their characters became so powerful that they became bored with the game and quit. Some people like to have god like characters in mmo's. I like Trek and want to keep the game a little challenging to play. People soloing estf's because of all the uber TRIBBLE they got is just wrong in any game. Reading this thread makes me glad i chose not to play like these people. Balance should be the number one thing they should focus on so new players won't get frustrated any more. I know quite a few that have quit because the game is just to grindy and grind is not why most people play mmo's. To me they are not doing enough but its a start. I have hated the rep.system from the start. They should have spent more time adding new content then fooling around with this rep.TRIBBLE.
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    But there is a reward.

1) You get a new ability to choose from. Do you think that betting a new bridge officer is not a reward, because you already filled all your slots? If you get an entirely new shield array, do you complain "It's useless, I already got a shield"?

- Dilithium (which you can also use to acquire Zen, not just gear, so you can get fleet modules, special ships and what not)
    - Costume Unlocks
    - New Gear

Oooooooh, ooooooooh . . . New costumes . . . Yes I play STO so I can play dress up!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited March 2014
    This is in regards to the bolded part: So, a person who is in favor of the change has no right to voice his support for the change while those who are against it have every right to voice their opposition for it? In what world do you live where you can dictate what someone can and cannot do with their opinion? The OP has every right to voice his support just as much as you have every right to voice your opposition.

This is the definition of cheery picking. You ignored 99% of my post to make a false claim.

My claim is that since the OP has never done the grind, leveled his reps, or at any point advanced to a point where he could lose something, he has no right to voice their opinion, as it is based on nothing substantive. The OP takes a stancd in a situation that does not apply to them or would negativly impact them in any way.

To put this another way...the OP is not qualfied to give input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2014
    But there is a reward.

- Costume Unlocks
    - New Gear

1: Sooo many ways to get dilithium now, this is nothing spectacular there.
    2: I like costumes just as much as the next person, but they are one of the most broken game mechanics at any given moment so I get very little enjoyment there.
    3: New gear is always expected, so no real point in this.
    4: most likely one new boff if any, and doff's most likely from lockboxes only as usual.

As for comment #1 cannot be compared to gaining loot or boff's/doff's, as the rep skills are had by grinding a rep only to be far more limiting in what you can have at the moment active.

I can't buy more rep slots via c-store, I cannot get more rep slots via fleet grind.

This rep change is kind of like cutting boff skills in half, pick and choose what you will but you can only have half of what you use now active at any given moment.

• blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is the definition of cheery picking. You ignored 99% of my post to make a false claim.

My claim is that since the OP has never done the grind, leveled his reps, or at any point advanced to a point where he could lose something, he has no right to voice their opinion, as it is based on nothing substantive. The OP takes a stancd in a situation that does not apply to them or would negativly impact them in any way.

To put this another way...the OP is not qualfied to give input.
    Still, he has a right to voice his opinion...just as you have a right to voice yours, regardless of whether he's done something or not.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
    edited March 2014
    ORIGINAL POSTER HERE

I am afraid there is no way to convince these self entitled b*tches... You would better luck getting a KDF player to stop b*tching. They want what they have and are afraid of change because they don't like to learn new things. In the words of the Borg "adapt."

As to the claims of me not having a right to voice my opinion... I don't know what backwards communist POS you live in but I live in the good old USA where everyone is 100% entitled and guaranteed by our constitution to have an opinion on anything we damn well please. Furthermore i said I had only maxed one REP I did not say I hadn't done ANY work on the other three, which I have.

If you don't want to hear my opinion then DON'T FRICKING READ IT! What the f*** do you think these forums are for?

To re-inforce and forever close my argument that you are all acting entitled allow me to remind you of a little sentence you find at the bottom of every DEV blog ever posted, scroll to the bottom, read em' and weep!

http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/3039033-season-9-dev-blog-_5

Check and Mate.

I'm afraid this thread has deviated greatly from my original purpose and has instead been taken over by giant, hideous, and dare I say it... "Stupid" forest trolls.

Therefore I formally ask that the moderator close this thread permanently.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    How are we self entitled? How is wanting to keep what you earned self entitled?

Do you even know what self entitled means? I guess not, seeing as you live in the USA...home to the 600 lbs mobility scooter jockey. Based on the way you speak about the USA...you must be from the deep south.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited March 2014

Do you even know what self entitled means? I guess not, seeing as you live in the USA...home to the 600 lbs mobility scooter jockey. Based on the way you speak about the USA...you must be from the deep south.

Yes well its also a country that has endured for more than two hundred years and tops the economic and military power of every country in the world... put together.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014

And yes the wilting violets up north are a bit more liberal. But im from North Texas so that doesn't exactly count as the deep south.

Entitlement - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/entitlement

In this case y'all think that you are entitled to having everything in this game exactly how YOU want it when Cryptic has made it quite clear that they can and will change anything when it suits them.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]