test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New KDF character bug

shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Well, I was planning to start a new KDF char. for quite a while now and finaly decided to start one today - only to find out that I can't play it! I've read reports on these forums that the KDF starting missinons are bugged to hell and wasn't sure what to make of it because I've never had any issues until today.

As it is now - I can't get past even the first stage of the tutorial, I can't kill the Hur'q hollograms. My weapons won't fire, they don't even show up in the tray. I press 'B' and it enters shooter mode, but no firing options appear on the tray and when I press my 'fire' buttons on the mouse and keyboard both, nothing happens.

As it is, I can't start my new KDF char and I'm not sure how much I'm willing to play at all until this is fixed. :(
HQroeLu.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    There's two things one can do.

1) If you double left-click or right-click on a target while NOT in shooter mode, your weapon will fire as per the tool-tip.

2) Click the View All Abilities button and drag the appropriate powers into the tray. This will allow shooter mode to work properly.

I hope this helps until we can get a fix in.
    STO QA Team
  • mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This also happened on a new Federation character I created this past weekend. I was able to successfully drag the appropriate abilities from the ability menu per your second suggestion.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There's two things one can do.

1) If you double left-click or right-click on a target while NOT in shooter mode, your weapon will fire as per the tool-tip.

2) Click the View All Abilities button and drag the appropriate powers into the tray. This will allow shooter mode to work properly.

I hope this helps until we can get a fix in.

Thanks, crypticfrost, however I didn't have the abilities visible to drag into the tray even in the availible powers pop-up when I press "P" - they were invisible as well.

Anyway, I tried starting and deleting a couple of new characters from different KDF species and it fixed itself, so now after a couple different chars it's fine and the weapons preform normal commands. Weird glitch I guess.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • fletch57fletch57 Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    had same problem.yestrday's patch fixed it for me.:D
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have two new characters, a Fed and a KDF. The only thing I noticed is that the tray does not have actions by defautl. Meaning the tray bar is completely empty. You need to drag them to the action bar, But that's it.
    edited March 2014
    humm,didn't notice that.my problem was I could not fire weapons.it's working now and that's a good thing.
  • fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    fletch57 wrote: »
    humm,didn't notice that.my problem was I could not fire weapons.it's working now and that's a good thing.

How do you fire? I use the tray to have the options and then use the number 1 and number 2 keys. That's why I couldn't fire (because the actions weren't mapped)
    edited March 2014
    I spoke too soon.New KDF toon is working,but a new Fed toon I created is bugged.abilities won't automatically load to the tray,and you can't fire weapons unless you press ability in the tray.again,problem seems to be new fed toons.