test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ship repairs/ critical components

deadbodycountdeadbodycount Member Posts: 3 Arc User
My ship is taking a lot of serious damage and I cannot find critical components, this makes it very hard to play the game and ruins the fun! I tried searching for this info but got nothing usefull... Someone please tell me where to find critical components! Ty!
Post edited by deadbodycount on

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can avoid critical injuries by repairing minor and major injuries as they appear.

However, if no critical spares have dropped for you and you are unlucky enough to actually get a crit injury, you can fix your ship in the shipyard(s) around the main capitals of each faction.

The only way to get crit spareparts are drops or the exchange.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can purchase Miinor and Major Components at several standard vendors throughout the game. Critical Components, however, are loot drops only, and thus are very rare. You can purchase them off the exchange if you look.

As mentioned before, you can avoid critical injuries by healing as you go. I've found you can even heal while in the respawn timer, so no lose of time for you. It also pulls mats from your bank, so no loss of inventory space either. Otherwise, you can heal all the things for free at any shipyard on any starbase.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • Options
    deadbodycountdeadbodycount Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I heal the other damages as soon as possible (DUH!) but critical damage happens ANYWAY especially in the new mirror elite and Im getting very tired and BORED with standing at the ship repair guy all day and cannot go anywhere else unless I want to stop doing the grinds. It is very player unfriendly to make you constantly require something that you cannot aquire when needed.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You can also gain critical components from DOFFing.
    This item can be obtained also as a reward from the following Shipboard (Engineering) assignments :

Assignment: Level 1 Diagnostic of Primary Weapon Coils
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I heal the other damages as soon as possible (DUH!) but critical damage happens ANYWAY especially in the new mirror elite and Im getting very tired and BORED with standing at the ship repair guy all day and cannot go anywhere else unless I want to stop doing the grinds. It is very player unfriendly to make you constantly require something that you cannot aquire when needed.

Mirror elite isn't worth doing. You still get the same advancement for doing the normals, and you're much more likely to get the optionals. Just do the Normal version. You'll thank me later.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Just a thought, if you are getting that many crit injuries that it is seriously effecting your gameplay, then you might not be ready for elites just yet.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014

If you have no other injuries, you should not be taking critical injuries. If you do have an existing critical injury, it can allow for further critical injuries.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Mirror elite isn't worth doing. You still get the same advancement for doing the normals, and you're much more likely to get the optionals. Just do the Normal version. You'll thank me later.

Agree. It's not worth the hassle doing the elite IMO.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Agree. It's not worth the hassle doing the elite IMO.

Third on this one...

Doing elite Mirror is only for the ones who burn for unnecessary punishment.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    nikkojtnikkojt Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    There is an NPC in each shipyard, with their icon as your faction's "Engineering" symbol, who will fully repair your ship for free.

Note that on ESD, the NPC is in the shipyard quadrant of ESD, rather than the lower section.
    I am NikkoJT, Foundry author and terrible player. Follow me!
    There used to be a picture here, but they changed signatures and I can't be bothered to replace it.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Third on this one...

Or those that easily get tired of facing down four or five Typhoons without breaking a sweat.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Or those that easily get tired of facing down four or five Typhoons without breaking a sweat.

Meh.. There is no benefit to running it...
  • Options
    pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Agreed on mirror elite being pointless.

Tried elite 3 times, ended up with around 40 marks

normal i get between 47 - 50 on nearly every run.

only way i would do elite is if they upped the dil to match other elite stf's
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I get a lot of critical components from doing the tau dewa deep space encounters, the daily gives me enough rom marks but I get a truck load of loot which includes the crit components.
  • Options
    tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    1 - repair minor and major injuries immediately they happen ( while waiting to respawn ). Repairing the minors prevents getting Crit injuries.
    Keep 1 stack of minors in your inventory, and all the others in your bank. Activating a minor will call up a major or Crit from your bank if needed.

2 - gather up the TRIBBLE loot that everyone leaves behind at the end of mission. You'll get a Crit ship repair every mission or 2. ( I've got hundreds ) ( same applies to ground missions )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I get more critical components than I know what to do with. It does seem silly that you can't just buy them, though. Why make something vital drop/doff/exchange only?
  • Options
    tvlartvlar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I think far more drop than people realize. It used to be a problem years ago, but drops were increased. The thing is, they are "common" items , so don't trigger the " need/greed" roll.
    As an example , I have found that every single time I do KAGE, there is a Crit ground repair in the last room.
    Keep in mind, if you repair the minors and majors, you likely won't need the Crit.
    And there is always the Exchange. Lots of Crits there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Third on this one...

I believe the technical term is... TRIBBLE :P
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    pet1e86 wrote: »
    Agreed on mirror elite being pointless.

Tried elite 3 times, ended up with around 40 marks

normal i get between 47 - 50 on nearly every run.

only way i would do elite is if they upped the dil to match other elite stf's

That is probably because you run pugs, or the teams you group with are utterly woeful. less than 60 on an elite is pretty awful. The guys I run with tend to expect at least 75 (often getting 80+). Heck, even PESTF teams are generally getting 70+.

On topic, get critical components/regenerators from the exchange at about 2000 ec each last I checked. Dirt cheap. I rarely end up needing them though as I heal any minor or major injuries I get immediately.
    However, it is possible in my experience to get a critical injury straight off the bat, though this is very rare.

Having even 1 minor injury increases the odds of getting a major massively the next time you die and majors likewise increase the odds of getting a crit on the next one. The penalties on minor injuries may only be small, but they can (and do) build up very quickly if you aren't careful.
    Fix them up on the spot. No excuses.
    I need a beer.