test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 Weeks Events Fun, but are Killing Fleet play...

ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
One side effect of 2-week long grind events is that I am no longer participating in fleet organized events. Back in the day of hourlies, we could be assured some members getting together to run different events; Deferra, STF's, Mirror Incursion - there was always something going on.

I should also add - we did this as a fleet for fleet projects. We've completed everything... that may play a part.

Now our fleet is running a single event, and not always together. While we were grinding before, we did it as a team. It was social. It was fun because of the people we chose to play with.

Now we get on, and run the same op however many times, and then go. Long term players are frustrated, as the social element was part of the gameplay.

Anyone else feel this way?
Post edited by ddesjardins on

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    On the other side of things, you will have 50,000 more Dilithium to use on Fleet projects when you complete the Event.

Or you could just be like me and not do the MI Event at all. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    On the other side of things, you will have 50,000 more Dilithium to use on Fleet projects when you complete the Event.

AND you could organize it as fleet runs, so that you all at least help each other get it over with.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    True dat.

I don't know.... the lack of variety is stifling fleet fun. JMO
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    True dat.

I don't know.... the lack of variety is stifling fleet fun. JMO

Yea but if you guys organized an hour during your primetime for mirror, then you could all get back to the regular stuff pretty fast... The hardest ting would be to organize teams.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    AND you could organize it as fleet runs, so that you all at least help each other get it over with.
    ^^^ This is what my fleet is using. Also, you can earn fleet marks as one of the packs. That is what my main is doing as he has zero need for any other marks. It is really easy to organize as everyone gets something out of it. You get:
    • Marks of your choice for any rep you need, or Fleet Marks
    • 480 Dilithium instantly for daily refinement cap
    • Multidimensional Transporters for the event Rep project, which will give a buttload of dilithium, marks, and a special doff
    • Experience points for leveling toons
    • PEW PEW for deh lulz

It has everything :D

And Again, rotate through it. Mix it up with some STFs or the Battlezone afterwards.

Also, these events are really rare. Only happening once every few months during known lulls in Gameplay. So give it a few more weeks of fun, and then it'll be back to normal
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.