test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connection error

morfeddmorfedd Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Error message: Unable to connect to patch server...

I've rebooted everything and am having no other internet issues.
Post edited by morfedd on

Comments

• markiisbestmarkiisbest Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yup same thing buddy its time thay stoped this.no other game I play ever goes off so the hell crptic cant have bacups like other company's do
  • gatorsfan10gatorsfan10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't get in either. Got an error mesage stating that I can not connect to the patch server.
  • hmauricec188hmauricec188 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I am also having the same problem I even tried with Neverwinter and the smae thing
  • xgorillapxxgorillapx Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm getting the same error at 3:15 PM CST.
  • paulda73paulda73 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have the Same issue I cannot connect to Neverwinter, Champions ONline or STO Launchers as I live in the UK I am missing out on a day of Mirror Universe :( From around 7:40pm GMT onwards for me.

Hope it is fixed soon
  • simonpgrubersimonpgruber Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I tried going into a foundry mission and got logged out. logged in and same thing again. now it looks like their servers are down.

But it has been quite a while since this has happened so they are improving even tho they should not be down at all. BACKUPS
  • jediwolfkkhjediwolfkkh Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The issue is across multiple Cryptic games so hopefully they FIX IT soon. Most likely an Arc issue
  • andyfuryforzaandyfuryforza Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here 4:20 pm haha ;)
  • mutati0nmutati0n Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Looks like we all got hit at the same time. I give it half an hour at least.
  • zeroraijinzeroraijin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here, as of about a minute ago. Also, the actual server seems to be either crashing or dishing out rampant disconnects. Really bad timing, seeing as how 2 major limited time events are happening now.
  • thegreatdragon1thegreatdragon1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Clicked this shiny red button and then it crashed and i could not get server up some "patch error"

Error notepad error thingy
    140321 20:13:02 1 [1]: Launcher PCL Error The connection was idle for too long

Plus my friend has it SAME TIME! I blame Arc! i guess we ALL have it
    ~TheGreatDragon
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Same here,
    Cannot connect to patch network...
    5:30pm Eastern
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • reo184reo184 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ok, I have restared everything from my PC to my Roughter and I'am still having the same issue with the Login Sever Timming Out. My Game Launcher still will not load at times and when I finally got it to load the Server Light was RED not GREEN.

I installed Arch to get my Game Loader to Load and from there I got the Log In Server - Timmed Out Error.

What is going on, was wanting to play on my day off and no clue that anything is going on to fix the current down time for STO. I am posting here as I am not finding any place to post or find any infromation on the current issue or indacation of what is going on.
  • djaj88djaj88 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    reo184 wrote: »
    Ok, I have restared everything from my PC to my Roughter and I'am still having the same issue with the Login Sever Timming Out. My Game Launcher still will not load at times and when I finally got it to load the Server Light was RED not GREEN.

I installed Arch to get my Game Loader to Load and from there I got the Log In Server - Timmed Out Error.

What is going on, was wanting to play on my day off and no clue that anything is going on to fix the current down time for STO. I am posting here as I am not finding any place to post or find any infromation on the current issue or indacation of what is going on.

Same here. sever light red after i restarted my laptop.
  • monstrobardusmonstrobardus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The Server down. I can get through the patcher but the game loads and sits at connecting to Login Server until it times out.

Of course in game it tells me to press the support button, that just takes me to the stupid arc homepage.
  • xgorillapxxgorillapx Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can connect to the patch server now, but now the login server connection keeps timing out.
  • kelteriserkelteriser Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hmmm now midnight in UK and nada - we all understand that Servers go down but a message to say what happened or what prospects are for reboot would be helpful
  • abraxillimabraxillim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alright, so like that other guy said, this happened in the middle of a major limited time event. If I can't get on to do my MU event and get the items that drops once a day, then they should probably compensate for it. Like the 1000+ marks I could have gotten in the time the servers have been down.

Being a developer, I understand the job isn't easy. Sh*t happens, fix it and move on, even if your control has evaporated into something that resembles influence more than control. But compensation should be made.
  • maxdragon77maxdragon77 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    abraxillim wrote: »
    Alright, so like that other guy said, this happened in the middle of a major limited time event. If I can't get on to do my MU event and get the items that drops once a day, then they should probably compensate for it. Like the 1000+ marks I could have gotten in the time the servers have been down.

Being a developer, I understand the job isn't easy. Sh*t happens, fix it and move on, even if your control has evaporated into something that resembles influence more than control. But compensation should be made.

I have to agree 1 of my characters is not going to make it now. I had planned tonight to get on and do it, but I have to go to bed soon. Whole night been a wash....
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    You left space dock without a router?
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    abraxillim wrote: »

This happens a lot and Cryptic/PWE don't care and have never compensated us for down time. As for QA they have other masters who only care about release dates not quality.
  • abraxillimabraxillim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    aoav160 wrote: »
    This happens a lot and Cryptic/PWE don't care and have never compensated us for down time. As for QA they have other masters who only care about release dates not quality.

Be nice to developers. Our job isn't easy.