test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the best Fed hangar pet?

2»

Comments

• rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    What is best is situational. In elite STFs, elite swarmers are fantastic. They are good with any enemy that doesn't spam area of effect damage. and that means they (As well as any fighter) have limited use against the Voth. Against the Voth, and in PvP, Yellowstones are the favorite.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hangar pets no.

non hangar pets yes. ex: Saucer section/chevron, MVAE sections, etc... it affects them as if they are allies.
    it would be nice if they did...
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pets with beam weapons do more sustained DPS due to time-on-target.

Pets with cannons, they better have a big torpedo boom cause they do not fire very often, so you have to rely on their spike and they have poor DPS.

I suspect the type-10 are pretty good for DPS but I havent tested any of the fed pets yet.

That is part of why the Elite Scorps are so good. For some reason those and S'kul fighters seem unusually good at keeping their cannons on targets but other "fighters" with cannons seem to fail to keep targets in their sights.
  • charon2charon2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hangar pets no.

non hangar pets yes. ex: Saucer section/chevron, MVAE sections, etc... it affects them as if they are allies.

Hangar pets Yes they do, just playtested it myself. Buff icon appears when fighter/shuttle is targeted.
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Elite Fleet Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. That is all.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Elite Scorps are good but I have a very hard time keeping them alive long enough for 3 more to come off cooldown. It got so bad I finally blew 20 mil on wing commander. It helps, but not by much. They're still attracted to warp core breeches like a moth to the flame.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    hpgibbs wrote: »
    Elite Fleet Jem'Hadar Attack Ship. That is all.

Fairly limited group of people who can actually use that one though.:(
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • hpgibbshpgibbs Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Fairly limited group of people who can actually use that one though.:(

True..... True.... Still between the Romulan drone and the Jem'Hadar attack ship, the rest pale in comparison. (also the able to run these hangars are severely limited. Attack ship to the Jem'Hadar dreadnaught, and the drones to the Scimitar) Before I was able to get the attack ship, I ran the Elite Fleet Jem'Hadar fighters. Universal for hangars, and they can pack a punch. Also, the Elite Scorpions are very good as well.
    The Grate Lorde Cheesus
    Ship build coordinator for The Breakfast Club http://WWW.TBCSTO.COM
    Doesn't Owe Anyone EC
    Kirks Prot
  • duxbellorum1duxbellorum1 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Elite Tholian Widows, they are nice with FAW and Quantum Torps, bests pets of all imo are the Tholian Mesh Weavers on the Recluse
  • zathrus999zathrus999 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Speaking of hangar bays... When are we going to get some Frigate size Hangars for Fed Side?
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zathrus999 wrote: »
    Speaking of hangar bays... When are we going to get some Frigate size Hangars for Fed Side?

The Caitain Atrox is currently missing a Caitain Frigate since it and the Obelisk Carrier are the only carriers that don't have access to a Frigate either by it being unlocked automatically or requiring a specific ship to unlock it like the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier requiring the JHAS to use JHAS pets.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    zathrus999 wrote: »

Frigates are kind of overrated to be honest.
    edited March 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    No, they arenit ... Frigates have hull to survive the AoE mess that Cryptic keeps adding as everything under it tends to die, pre-Hangar "improvements" we could run High Aux and just spawn them, that mitigated their utter lack of survival since the "improvements" "normalized" hangar timers so they cannot be lowered Frigates living longer allows pets to actually exist and do something instead of you looking at a empty bay and wait for the countdown to end.

This is why Frigates are good.

Tell me, have you used frigates?
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Aux power still modifies hangar time.

The "normalization" you are referring to had nothing to do with recharge times, it was the animation timing for pet deployment. The Vesta used to have a special animation that launched their fighters slower then other ships, and there was one ship that launched faster (which ones escapes me)

They then "normalized" all launch functions to deploy at the same rate. Aux power still reduces recharge times. Flight Deck Officers still reduce recharge times.

And I must agree, frigates are a bit over rated. Scorps routinely out-perform them in PvE. Yellowstones or Interceptors/siphon drones in PvP. Mesh Weavers are an exception when handled well. BoP's have nasty burst potential but require obsessive micro management for questionable returns. Fer'Jai are fun as hell, but typically not high performers. Frigates add a level of gameplay mechanic that is certainly fun to interact with, but statistically, missing frigates doesn't really put a carrier behind others.

That said, I miss my frigates. They are a ton of fun, even if their performance is spotty.

Edit: Oh, for the OP, Scorps for PvE, Yellowstones for PvP. Jury is out on swarmers, I do not have the elites yet, but I was not impressed with the advanced.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Having used those 5k ec shuttles with the tractor beams.... I like them. They don't die like gnats..... which swarmers do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2014
    Having used those 5k ec shuttles with the tractor beams.... I like them. They don't die like gnats..... which swarmers do.

Torpedo spreads......... :mad:
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Tell me, have you used frigates?

In the Dyson Sphere, none of my Fighters last long enough to get to rank 5 and I have to recall all my Fighters to protect them from the initial AoE strikes of the Voth Frigates while my Tholian Mesh Weavers last long enough and I don't need to recall them. Therefore, against Voth and Season 9 Undine use Shuttles or Frigates due to AoE attacks while for everything else use Elite Scorpion Fighters.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,662 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    the Caitain Atrox Is Currently Missing A Caitain Frigate Since It And The Obelisk Carrier Are The Only Carriers That Don't Have Access To A Frigate Either By It Being Unlocked Automatically or Requiring A Specific Ship To Unlock It Like The Jem'hadar Dreadnought Carrier Requiring The Jhas To Use Jhas Pets.

Do Not Give Them Ideas
    We Want Vic Fontaine