test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

30k+ Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought

sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
edited March 2014 in Federation Discussion

Ashisogi Jizo Aux2Bat variant

This is a pretty standard A2B build that takes advantage of the removal of X Team shared cooldowns.

Phaser build swaps the ProtPols for [Advanced Fleet Phaser Beam Array Mk XII [Dmg]x2 [Acc]x2], the Protonic console for [Console - Tachyokinetic Converter]
, and the Polaron locators for Phaser Locator consoles.

Parses:
Protonic Polaron build
32k ISE with randoms from Redditchat channel

34k ISE with randoms from Redditchat channel

35k ISE with randoms from DPS 10k channel

Phaser Build
36k ISE with randoms from DPS 10k and 20k channels **Check out 306k Lance hit!!!**

30k CSE w/ randoms from Redditchat channel

Ashisogi Jizo v.2 Aux2Damp variant

This version has more tank and more maneuverability but less/slower heals than the first version.

Parses:
RomPlas Build

Soon(TM)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited March 2014
    edit: nvm, I can't read.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited March 2014
    any chance of you linking your build completely?

i recommend the skill tree in this build. mine is very close to it.
    http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=hulksscimi_5833
    edited March 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=apdreadnought_0

Here's what I usually run. I can't seem to break 20k with it, though... not sure why.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=apdreadnought_0

Here's what I usually run. I can't seem to break 20k with it, though... not sure why.

its obviously much easier for tacs than for engs, assuming the career selected is correct. You may wanna get eptw3, maybe switch with et3.

the rest is mostly how you fly/distance to target and when you use you skills and ofc the team you're flying with
    edited March 2014
    its obviously much easier for tacs than for engs, assuming the career selected is correct. You may wanna get eptw3, maybe switch with et3.

the rest is mostly how you fly/distance to target and when you use you skills and ofc the team you're flying with

Understood. Parsed myself recently and was able to hit 15,336.094 dps... ofc, the average DPS of my other four teammates was 5,850.38, so I still feel fairly confident. ISE took 7:11 >_<
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Then what is the proper procedure for doing so? Otherwise these sorts of threads amount to little more than worthless boasting.
    edited March 2014
    Then what is the proper procedure for doing so? Otherwise these sorts of threads amount to little more than worthless boasting.

From what I can gather, the secret to very high DPS is to clear ISE in less than 4 minutes, which means you MUST know what you're doing... ~30 seconds for the first mob, 1 minute for each generator, and less than 1:30 for the gate+tac cube. If you can have a team accomplish this, then your DPS will be crazy.
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    And also have a Recluse on the team with Mesh weavers.
    giphy.gif
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    From what I can gather, the secret to very high DPS is to clear ISE in less than 4 minutes, which means you MUST know what you're doing... ~30 seconds for the first mob, 1 minute for each generator, and less than 1:30 for the gate+tac cube. If you can have a team accomplish this, then your DPS will be crazy.

Oh I know the basics, my standard GalX does 12 in a pug (couple months ago, so no hangar or spire stuff at the time). My problem is threads where people talk about 'oh yeah ABC ship should be doing 30k, but I drop to 20 when I'm slacking off and using white mkX gear' and such like that, and then they post some shopping list that Captain Average tries out and gets 5k from and doesn't know whats wrong. However actual help, tactics and piloting technique and philosophical approach and build choice explanations, is nowhere to be found. Position? Fine then what IS the correct position, facing, distance, and timing that make such a difference? Friends? What about players who don't have any, instead running with random strangers? Defense? A ship with zero shield hardening may work fine in a group where EVERYONE is flying a fleet-geared faw platform and any threat is dead faster than RSP runs out, but when you're in a pug where 5k makes you The Big Scary Ship by comparison, whats the counter for when 10 things are aggroed after you and you need to tank them for 2 minutes straight? High numbers from speed runs and friends with coordinated debuffs are great for bragging rights and youtube videos, but it doesn't convey much in the way of useful information to the players who don't participate in those circles.
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    OH BOY!!! Right back to "Use the A2B build to get high DPS!" Frak that. I'd like to be able to use cannons, but oh wait I don't have a BOFF setup so I can use cannons effectively!

Still a ripoff.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited March 2014
    Oh I know the basics, my standard GalX does 12 in a pug (couple months ago, so no hangar or spire stuff at the time). My problem is threads where people talk about 'oh yeah ABC ship should be doing 30k, but I drop to 20 when I'm slacking off and using white mkX gear' and such like that, and then they post some shopping list that Captain Average tries out and gets 5k from and doesn't know whats wrong. However actual help, tactics and piloting technique and philosophical approach and build choice explanations, is nowhere to be found. Position? Fine then what IS the correct position, facing, distance, and timing that make such a difference? Friends? What about players who don't have any, instead running with random strangers? Defense? A ship with zero shield hardening may work fine in a group where EVERYONE is flying a fleet-geared faw platform and any threat is dead faster than RSP runs out, but when you're in a pug where 5k makes you The Big Scary Ship by comparison, whats the counter for when 10 things are aggroed after you and you need to tank them for 2 minutes straight? High numbers from speed runs and friends with coordinated debuffs are great for bragging rights and youtube videos, but it doesn't convey much in the way of useful information to the players who don't participate in those circles.

People who talk about "Ship X needs to hit 30k or you're terrible" need to be ignored. They're just here to stroke their egos, and typically wont' share their DPS logs at all (which means they're full of it), so I don't pay them any mind. I believe that if you can join the 10k+ DPS channels, you'll be able to get help... unfortunately, I am not a member of those channels and am not sure how to join them.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ashisogi Jizo

This is a pretty standard A2B build that takes advantage of the removal of X Team shared cooldowns.

Phaser build swaps the ProtPols for [Advanced Fleet Phaser Beam Array Mk XII [Dmg]x2 [Acc]x2], the Protonic console for [Console - Tachyokinetic Converter]
    , and the Polaron locators for Phaser Locator consoles.

Parses:
    Protonic Polaron build
    32k ISE with randoms from Redditchat channel

34k ISE with randoms from Redditchat channel

35k ISE with randoms from DPS 10k channel

Phaser Build
    36k ISE with randoms from DPS 10k and 20k channels **Check out 306k Lance hit!!!**

30k CSE w/ randoms from Redditchat channel

So I'm curious to know what the non-fleet version does, or more specifically what it did prior to the reboot. Did you do any parses prior in the old X?

Be nice for comparison. Just for you know, all those "The updated didn't do enough" posts kicking around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    People who talk about "Ship X needs to hit 30k or you're terrible" need to be ignored. They're just here to stroke their egos, and typically wont' share their DPS logs at all (which means they're full of it), so I don't pay them any mind. I believe that if you can join the 10k+ DPS channels, you'll be able to get help... unfortunately, I am not a member of those channels and am not sure how to join them.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1041451

that should help
    edited March 2014
    So I'm curious to know what the non-fleet version does, or more specifically what it did prior to the reboot. Did you do any parses prior in the old X?

Be nice for comparison. Just for you know, all those "The updated didn't do enough" posts kicking around.

I didn't own the gal-x before the revamp but it was a 20-25k ship. the added hangar bay should have added around 3k to that depending on which pets you use.
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I didn't own the gal-x before the revamp but it was a 20-25k ship. the added hangar bay should have added around 3k to that depending on which pets you use.

Cool. Thanks. I always did get the feeling it was a ship that could do what it needed to do before and that the changes did move the needle a bit.

Numbers > Adjectives.

So thanks for posting your data.

/salute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks for posting the build, I went and got the deflector (already had everything else) and my phasers are [acc][crtd]x2 MK XIIs and I use the saucer sep instead of the Isometric Charge.

I just pulled 28.5 k In an infected I randomly PUGed.

That's better than my highest Avenger DPS, so now I need to try this on THAT ship. :)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I've never heard of ANYONE putting out those numbers in an X before the revamp. I was pushing 10K at best in my BFAW A2B build before the revamp. What were you using to get 25K pre-revamp?

That just seems odd to me.
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sevmrage wrote: »
    I've never heard of ANYONE putting out those numbers in an X before the revamp. I was pushing 10K at best in my BFAW A2B build before the revamp. What were you using to get 25K pre-revamp?

Likely a team with plenty of debuffs, like APB.
    edited March 2014
    sevmrage wrote: »

Before the revamp in a non-A2B build I was pulling 18k in my normal Gal-X
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited March 2014

I'm really starting to find these players annoying as heck on these boards. How can the game be any fun if you insta kill everything. I can only see these builds useful for pvper's that all have builds like this. In pve this is just lame. All that fleet and stf gear makes you god like in this game. Zero challenge for me would mean a boring game. But yeah its all about ego stroking on the boards. I don't have any of that gear and i can pretty much kill things quick with all mark12 gear off the exchange. But its still challenging at least.
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im doing 5k in mine, retro phasers for the win!!! Well I don't really know, some guy in a scimitar said I sucked only doing 5k and he was doing 30k.

Question Elite Swarmies, or Elite Scorpies? Which is better dps?
    edited March 2014
    Im doing 5k in mine, retro phasers for the win!!! Well I don't really know, some guy in a scimitar said I sucked only doing 5k and he was doing 30k.

Question Elite Swarmies, or Elite Scorpies? Which is better dps?

If you're using phasers, elite Pergerines since they get a boost from your consoles. If using antiproton, get elite swarmers. If using plasma, get elite scorpions.

I could be wrong about this, tho.
  • captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you're using phasers, elite Pergerines since they get a boost from your consoles. If using antiproton, get elite swarmers. If using plasma, get elite scorpions.

I could be wrong about this, tho.

I am pretty sure your gear does NOT effect your fighters.
  • shakesfistatskyshakesfistatsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Your gear DOES NOT affect your pets in any way.

Scorpions and swarmers put out the best dps but use what you want, there is no synergy with your ship tac consoles.
    I survived the 2012 Forum Merge - Join Date 11/2008
    edited March 2014
    Your gear DOES NOT affect your pets in any way.

Scorpions and swarmers put out the best dps but use what you want, there is no synergy with your ship tac consoles.

I think this is the case, wish it wasn't though. I would love for my consoles to affect my pets.

I stopped using Scorpions 'cause the High Yield plasma torps kept setting me on fire. ;)
    STOSIG.png
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Ashisogi Jizo

Good job on hitting 30k. I did not think it would be possible with all of the handicaps on this ship (especially the low turn-rate and +5 weapon boost). I guess pets helped a bit. Did you use separation to get additional turn and damage?

Seems like you are getting 30k in anything. Maybe you have hit the limit on your run pattern, and it doesnt matter what ship you are using? Post a run with the freebie RA Star Cruiser?

How much were the one-shot gimmicks contributing to the overall score? ISO and the lance can only be used once per run, and if they are doing ~30k per activation that is a pretty big contribution. There may be a point where reference scores have to be weapons-only.
  • jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Good job on hitting 30k. I did not think it would be possible with all of the handicaps on this ship (especially the low turn-rate and +5 weapon boost). I guess pets helped a bit. Did you use separation to get additional turn and damage?

Seems like you are getting 30k in anything. Maybe you have hit the limit on your run pattern, and it doesnt matter what ship you are using? Post a run with the freebie RA Star Cruiser?

How much were the one-shot gimmicks contributing to the overall score? ISO and the lance can only be used once per run, and if they are doing ~30k per activation that is a pretty big contribution. There may be a point where reference scores have to be weapons-only.

i told you so.
    et1 a2b1 eptx3 dem3
    eptx1 a2b1 rsp2
    tt1
    bfaw1 apb1
    he1 tbr1

will be able to do 30k
    No. There are too many limitations. Fed crew, 4 tac consoles, +5 bonus weapon power, max of BFaW1 and APB1. At least a LtCmdr tac would have opened up BFaW3 and then it might be reachable, but not with this setup.
    it will be possible. whether or not you can do it, who knows.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    OP updated with new aux2damp variant.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm used to aux2batt, but not aux2Damp, the difference please?

And I'm seeing Protonic Polaron, more it seems a bit, than Romulan Plasma. Just curious if the ProtoPol proc is equal to Romulan Plasma now. Thanks. =^^=