test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Meet n' Greet - March 7th - (12PM/Noon - 1PM PST)

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
Hailing all Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Community Meet n' Greet for this coming Friday, March 7th, 2014.

[PST Timeslot] The event will be held at 12PM/Noon - 1PM PST. (Click here to view in your timezone)

Make your way to Drozana Station in the Eta Eridani Sector Block (any instance) and get ready to have some fun! Please join the PartyTime chat channel to see any communication from myself and to ask your STO related questions*. Only questions given over the PartyTime chat channel will be accepted. Type this command in your chat bar to join the channel: /channel_join PartyTime

If you can't make it Friday, please feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (STFs, PvP, PvE, Foundry, Fleet Actions etc.).

I hope to see many of you on Friday!

~CaptainSmirk

*Please understand that I will not be able to answer all questions, but I will do my best to answer as many legitimate STO related questions as I can, without of course discussing anything that is currently REDACTED.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hailing all Captains!

I am organizing an in-game (Holodeck) Community Meet n' Greet for this coming Friday, March 7th, 2014.

[PST Timeslot] The event will be held at 12PM/Noon - 1PM PST. (Click here to view in your timezone)

Make your way to Drozana Station in the Eta Eridani Sector Block (any instance) and get ready to have some fun! Please join the PartyTime chat channel to see any communication from myself and to ask your STO related questions*. Only questions given over the PartyTime chat channel will be accepted. Type this command in your chat bar to join the channel: /channel_join PartyTime

If you can't make it Friday, please feel free to post constructive feedback in here with ideas, including if you would like to see this expanded to other types of events (STFs, PvP, PvE, Foundry, Fleet Actions etc.).

~CaptainSmirk

*Please understand that I will not be able to answer all questions, but I will do my best to answer as many legitimate STO related questions as I can, without of course discussing anything that is currently REDACTED.

What's your beef with not answering illegitimate questions, Cryptic?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds fun! I hope I can make it.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Posted this in the Galaxy thread...hopefully the community gets together and gets some answers as to why the reboot failed to address any of the issues with this terrible ship.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Posted this in the Galaxy thread...hopefully the community gets together and gets some answers as to why the reboot failed to address any of the issues with this terrible ship.

Because thousands of posts of unrealistic wish listing developed a mindset that anything less than a Mary Sue ship would be a slap in the face. Next question?
  • mewmaster101mewmaster101 Member Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Because thousands of posts of unrealistic wish listing developed a mindset that anything less than a Mary Sue ship would be a slap in the face. Next question?

still does not stop the fact the ship is Fail incarnate and needs an ACTUAL update instead of that pathetic excuse.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    What's your taco with not answering illegitimate questions, Cryptic?

Fix'd it for you. :D
    signwidrona.png
  • kalanikalani Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    still does not stop the fact the ship is Fail incarnate and needs an ACTUAL update instead of that pathetic excuse.

They cant make a ship people already payed for into a different ship all they can do is tweak it a little. The only ship they have the freedom to do something good with is the Fleet Dreadnaught because it doesn't already exist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • onlyslightlybentonlyslightlybent Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's going to be a mess. You'll have a bunch of streaming questions in that channel. Once you get a chance to answer a question your reply will be gone and replaced by another set of streaming questions/banter/comments.

Maybe another separate channel with only your answer along with the quoted question. Only devs are allowed to chat in the channel.
  • cbp4964cbp4964 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like fun!!!! And STF meets and the like could be fun. I wouldn't mind inviting to the Rogue Squadron starbase for it.
    Fleet Admiral Rosso, Starfleet Tactical, Rogue Leader
    Proud to lead the Rogue Squadron of Starfleet
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    A few of you need to also realize that while he'll do his best to answer questions he isn't a developer :P
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Because the problem isn't with the Galaxy, it's with the gameplay.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    askray wrote: »
    A few of you need to also realize that while he'll do his best to answer questions he isn't a developer :P

Well maybe he should coax a dev or two into coming along. ;)

Honestly, it sounds like this is going to be a chaotic mess, but I'll probably stop by anyway.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well maybe he should coax a dev or two into coming along. ;)

Honestly, it sounds like this is going to be a chaotic mess, but I'll probably stop by anyway.

Yeah,

I think this is going to be better than Dinner and a Show!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lcdrmillerlcdrmiller Member Posts: 47 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2014
    I'll be there!
    Jeff M.
    Environment Artist on Neverwinter Online
    Find me on Twitter
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Most of the people that post in that thread aren't looking for them to change the ship into the next Scimitar. Yes of course there are a few odd balls that want some ridiculous ship, but as a whole most just want the ship to be usable end game without being detrimental to your team.
    Because the problem isn't with the Galaxy, it's with the gameplay

Even if there was content that required a tanking type ship the Galaxy wouldn't be anyone's first choice. All the federation cruisers, including the more offensive oriented ones, are engineering heavy and can tank all day long without tripping over cool downs like the Galaxy does with its 3 ensign engineering stations.

...but I digress from the topic at hand. My post was removed from the Galaxy thread for violating posting rules (seems more likely they don't want a bunch of angry Galaxy fans to show up). So I'm sure this event will have some great q & a. Something along the lines of the bridge troll from Quest for the Holy Grail.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    lcdrmiller wrote: »
    I'll be there!

I'd just like to ask, why does your sig say you used to be a ship artist and now an environment artist, but a recent dev blog (dun remember which) said how busy the ship artists are? or is it the sort of situation where you do both?

as for the event, the chat will be chaos, but if i'm not working i'll try and remember to show up.
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Because the problem isn't with the Galaxy, it's with the gameplay.

You are technically correct, the best kind of correct.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited March 2014
    I'd just like to ask, why does your sig say you used to be a ship artist and now an environment artist, but a recent dev blog (dun remember which) said how busy the ship artists are? or is it the sort of situation where you do both?

as for the event, the chat will be chaos, but if i'm not working i'll try and remember to show up.

Well, when I got hired about 2 years ago, I was hired on as an environment artist. Just a few months after we were down a ship artist and I was asked if I would step in. I did ship art for a few months before moving back to environments. While there I created a few ships, Armitage and Vesta to name a couple.
    Making ships was awesome! Now that we have a full ship team of 3! I have yet to be asked to help out. They are great team and have everything pretty much covered.
    Jeff M.
    Find me on Twitter
  • dylanmuck1dylanmuck1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I know wrong topic but please work on the Omega ground armor tailor bugs with Romulans
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well, when I got hired about 2 years ago, I was hired on as an environment artist. Just a few months after we were down a ship artist and I was asked if I would step in. I did ship art for a few months before moving back to environments. While there I created a few ships, Armitage and Vesta to name a couple.
    Making ships was awesome! Now that we have a full ship team of 3! I have yet to be asked to help out. They are great team and have everything pretty much covered.

I love the armitage saucer and vesta landing bay details, 2 of my favorite ship model features in the game.
  • captainpirkocaptainpirko Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014

ahh, okay! well my playtime partner thanks you for your work on the vesta (especially when playing in azure nebula. she just becomes useless and stares at her ship for 5 minutes.... *sigh*)

thanks for the reply, good to know :)
    [SIGPIC]Timelords Fleet [/SIGPIC]
  • tribblequeentribblequeen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sounds like fun :D I will try to be there as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
    edited March 2014
    ahh, okay! well my playtime partner thanks you for your work on the vesta (especially when playing in azure nebula. she just becomes useless and stares at her ship for 5 minutes.... *sigh*)

thanks for the reply, good to know :)

HAHA thats great! Yea it was a blast trying to get all of Mr. Rademakers designs into a game ready star ship.
    Azure nebula stf? She stops to look at the ship and not the huge rift in the distance!?
    Jeff M.
    Find me on Twitter
    edited March 2014
    HAHA thats great! Yea it was a blast trying to get all of Mr. Rademakers designs into a game ready star ship.
    Azure nebula stf? She stops to look at the ship and not the huge rift in the distance!?

Priorities, man.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hailing all Captains!

~CaptainSmirk

Who defines what constitutes "constructive feedback" and what is that definition?
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    dylanmuck1 wrote: »
    I know wrong topic but please work on the Omega ground armor tailor bugs with Romulans

This is why it won't work.Even knows it is in the wrong topic,but doesn't care. That is all it is going to turn into, why no Connie, give us Borg faction, it will be a festival for the beating of dead horses.you should just call it the "dead horse festival" !
  • hosanin#8084 hosanin Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Only reason I am going to be there is to watch the chaos while munching a few Tribble Kabobs, a Baked Tribble or two, and chuggin back a case of Dosi Rotgut! :D
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Who defines what constitutes "constructive feedback" and what is that definition?

Feedback that the devs can use. Saying "I hate X" is useless; saying "X could be improved by Y", or even just "I don't like X because Z" is constructive.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • nutronicusnutronicus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2014
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    im not gonna be there, a lot of the questions will be about the galaxy class, any other ship reboots, and trying to get an answer about upcoming content that branflakes had a hard time trying to avoid in game :P.

however there is one question i hope you can answer in that time frame on these forums here; "any chance of adding a time translator the same way branflakes did to all his posts?".
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.