test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Omega Rep / T4 Active Ability Superior Sheild Repair

jdskjflkjdfklsjfjdskjflkjdfklsjf Member Posts: 63 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Not so superior.
Not giving the 288.8 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds it should be giving.
Starting to feel a little stiffed after all the grind to get there.
Post edited by jdskjflkjdfklsjf on

Comments

• Options
    wetworth1wetworth1 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've never chosen this ability, is it supposed to scale with any abilities?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2014
    I've noticed glitches with a few of the Rep passive abilities. Notably the Omega tier 3 power to slow down Borg adaptation just plain does not work on some of my characters. It's very obvious which one's it's not working on because I only get to shoot like four times and the Borg adapt, but on other characters where it is working I get a substantially higher number of shots before they adapt.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Dev post confirms it's a back ground affect and does not show up anywhere but you indeed get the bonus plus it's based on shield power
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Don't feel bad. The other Omega rep tier 4 ability, Omega Graviton Amplifier, doesn't seem to be going off at all anymore. I know it has a small chance to proc, but I haven't seen it go off for myself or other players for a while now.

When it goes off there is a bunch of tiny green explosions around the enemy. Don't know if it's an animation issue or if it's not working at all. :(

To be perfectly honest, both tier 4 Omega rep abilities suck. The graviton amplifier only does 751.4 damage. It ignores shields, but when you're going against an enemy with hundreds of thousands of HP, it isn't enough to even be worthwhile to take. And the regen on the other ability is so small, again, it's not worthwhile to take. But you need to choose 1 before you can get the tier 5 ground ability.

Edit: It *is* suppose to be 288.8 shield regeneration every 6 seconds. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Reputation_System/Rewards#Task_Force_Omega Scroll down to Tier IV and see it for yourself.

To the OP, does it seem as though the shield regen isn't going off at all? That's a possibility, as you can see the graviton amplifier for me doesn't seem to be working at all either.