test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No ship token upon promotion

vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
edited March 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I just got promoted to lvl 30 on my Romulan Tac. Unfortunately I did not get a token to claim a free ship. I suspect that the reason is that I never bothered claiming my lvl 20 subcommander ship which was still available to claim. However after claiming that one, I also did not get the option to claim the captain one. I guess you ought to do some fixing.....

UPDATE

So I just played some missions on the character, go to the missions tab and notice the lvl 30 promotion mission is in my missions tab again.

So I do everything again, and there you go here's my lvl 30 ship.

It seems as if the first promotion mission it showed me was the one for the lvl 20, and in order to get the 30 as well I had to complete the second mission which I did not see in my tab.

I guess the problem is solved :)
Post edited by vocmcp on

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You did talk to the dude in the office before going to the shipyard right?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vocmcp wrote: »
    I just got promoted to lvl 30 on my Romulan Tac. Unfortunately I did not get a token to claim a free ship. I suspect that the reason is that I never bothered claiming my lvl 20 subcommander ship which was still available to claim. However after claiming that one, I also did not get the option to claim the captain one. I guess you ought to do some fixing.....

For a Romulan republic character you need to go to New Romulus Command and talk to admiral what's-his-names in the room down the hall. Go down the hall past the turbolift to the shipyard and go to the first room on the left.

Free ship tokens from being promoted are tied to ship tiers and having an unused token for a lower tier shouldn't prevent you from getting a token for a higher tier. The tokens can only be used for a tiered ship you got the token for. So when you're level 40 you won't be able to use your level 20 token to get a level 40 ship, but you can still use the token to get a level 20 ship.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You did talk to the dude in the office before going to the shipyard right?

Yes I did. I completed the promotion mission as intended. However I did not get the ship token for lvl 30. All I had was my unused lvl 20 one.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Since a day has passed, you've totally exited and restarted the client yes? I take it if you go to the shipyard again you still can't get the proper ship?

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Since a day has passed, you've totally exited and restarted the client yes? I take it if you go to the shipyard again you still can't get the proper ship?

Affirmative. Still no change.

Are those ships also locked by mission progression? I've only done the episodes until you have to choose a faction and maybe 1 more. I leveled to 30 with Mirror and doffing.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If you've already chosen a faction then I don't believe anything should be locked. I leveled a fed character up to 50 with almost nothing but doffing and had access the the proper tiers of ships if I recall, but I chose to skip some tiers as I didn't need them since I wasn't engaging in any combat.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Affirmative. Still no change.

Are those ships also locked by mission progression? I've only done the episodes until you have to choose a faction and maybe 1 more. I leveled to 30 with Mirror and doffing.

You might have run into an edge case that's breaking something. I'll see what I can find out.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    shailatshailat Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes I did. I completed the promotion mission as intended. However I did not get the ship token for lvl 30. All I had was my unused lvl 20 one.

did you claim your lvl 20 ship? if not maybe the game wants u to claim that one first then try to claim the lvl 30
    ogew7.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    You might have run into an edge case that's breaking something. I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks a lot Frost!
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My Rommie Eng just hit tier 30 last night. I didn't get any free ship token, but I didn't talk to Admiral Kererek. Will try that tonight, but I also didn't get a promotion mission pop up. I just completed 'Last Stand' and the only mission it gave me was the next one in the storyline, to go on to Rhi.

Shame it happened at this level, as the D'D is the ship I most wanted for my Rommie.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    grylak wrote: »
    Shame it happened at this level, as the D'D is the ship I most wanted for my Rommie.

Bring RCS Accelerators. :|

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    UPDATE

So I just played some missions on the character, go to the missions tab and notice the lvl 30 promotion mission is in my missions tab again.

So I do everything, and there you go here's my lvl 30 ship.

It seems as if the first promotion mission it showed me was the one for the lvl 20, and in order to get the 30 as well I had to complete the second mission which I did not see in my tab.

I guess the problem is solved :)
  • Options
    kerryleblanckerryleblanc Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2014
    Look I realize that every time you update a game there is bound to be unforseen bugs, and some are mostly annoying, had 1 come up with my klingon character and one with all my characters. I got to level 11 with it got the promotion but no new ship, should have got the option of the regular ship or the one I had gotten through the store; other problems was the UI was unable to move my mouse either completely to the right or to the bottom of the screen 2 mths and still not fixed. On a side note my character was unable to finish the mission where you had to find the romulan sabatour.
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Look I realize that every time you update a game there is bound to be unforseen bugs, and some are mostly annoying, had 1 come up with my klingon character and one with all my characters. I got to level 11 with it got the promotion but no new ship, should have got the option of the regular ship or the one I had gotten through the store; other problems was the UI was unable to move my mouse either completely to the right or to the bottom of the screen 2 mths and still not fixed. On a side note my character was unable to finish the mission where you had to find the romulan sabatour.

On the Klingon ship issue, have you completed the mission "Test of Mettle"? That mission now grants your ship at level 10 instead of the Promotion mission.

On your mouse issue, this is the first I've heard anyone report such and we are not seeing anything like it in QA. You might try posting in the Technical sub-forum to see if anyone can help you. http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70

The issue with "Bringing Down the House" is a known issue and we're working on a fix. See http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=15368211&postcount=12 for a workaround until a fix can be made.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Talked to Kererek in person, and he gave the mission face to face. So it's all good.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'