test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best way to make money?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
What's the best way to make money? Just made the right rank to buy a ship, but I've barely any money.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You get your 1st ship of each tier for free. Just throw stuff that looks valuable on market, vendor the rest. As long as you dont go crazy buying off player market you will have plenty of cash. By the end of Open I had enough to buy every ship in game with over 1.5m left, besides buying from player market money is not widely neeeded atm.
    edited January 2010
    . . . and the server went down. Ship buying will have to wait, sigh.
    edited January 2010
    sadly it seem they nerfed the loot tables by a lot, in open i was rolling in money, and i am sure that was not ment but now i barly get any loot and its mostly TRIBBLE :( so i guess loot farming is out till latter in the game heh
    edited January 2010
    CobraA1 wrote: »
    What's the best way to make money? Just made the right rank to buy a ship, but I've barely any money.
    I just sold all the ground weapons I found and counsol's I needed. Made more credits selling them for 20 - 40k on the exchange then I did sending them to the replicator.
    edited January 2010

Make an MMO based on a genre with an enormous following , and release it before its ready ? ( AFTER you collect all that life time sub money )
    edited January 2010
    ashe59 wrote: »
    Make an MMO based on a genre with an enormous following , and release it before its ready ? ( AFTER you collect all that life time sub money )
    lol he was talking about in game currency
    edited January 2010
    You get your 1st ship of each tier for free.

Where? Looks like it costs money to me.
    edited January 2010
    Aack, just figured out I hasn't really gotten to the proper rank! There's several levels at each rank :(.
    edited January 2010
    ashe59 wrote: »

Ohh snap son.
    edited January 2010
    On the topic of making money:

a) Do all NPC vendor's buy items at the same price, or are some better than others?

b) I don't seem to be earning energy credits from missions, battles, etc. Is the only way to earn these through selling items?
    edited January 2010
    Also note that NPC's buy for more than you'll get from selling them to the replicator, if it's not really something worth putting on the exchange.

Professor) I've been wondering about A myself, for believe I believe you are correct, as you get merits and the other credits through the other means.
    edited January 2010
    Kill many many many things and hope for drops.
    edited January 2010
    Aack, just figured out I hasn't really gotten to the proper rank! There's several levels at each rank :(.

10 lvs a rank ;D
  • whippingstarwhippingstar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is there a guide somewhere for fair exchange rates for items on the auction?
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is there a guide somewhere for fair exchange rates for items on the auction?

Wow....a thread over 4 years in the grave. I bow to your necromancy skills.
  • wan5wan5 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    Wow....a thread over 4 years in the grave. I bow to your necromancy skills.

http://youtu.be/ypGxYM3MHqY?t=17s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cubeageddon - You are the last hope. Find it in the Foundry!
    The Space Race - An alternate to PVP - In Foundry Now!
  • jabrson11jabrson11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hahahaha the force is strong with this one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Double necro?...

In Kirk's infamous words: "oh.. my..."
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014

We are assuming you talking about EC , right?? or dilithium?? or zen???

If its EC, trade dilithium for zen, and buy master keys with zen. Then , sell a master key for 1,8-2 million ec. There you are.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2014

If its EC, trade dilithium for zen, and buy master keys with zen. Then , sell a master key for 1,8-2 million ec. There you are.
    Archived post, necro and all that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    We're talking necro.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

• jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Double necro?...

In Kirk's infamous words: "oh.. my..."

"Kirk's" ????

Erm....

Oh Myyy :D
    edited February 2014
    jockey1979 wrote: »
    "Kirk's" ????

Erm....

Oh Myyy :D
    I believe it's this clip. (no sound here atm)
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, a necro post. But since it was not deleted, who knows if it is a necro or not??. In most forums necro threads are automatically deleted. It looks like STO forums are different lol. Im not going to look everytime if the post is a necro or not, sorry. And u guys can laugh if you want lol. :D
    edited February 2014
    Yes, a necro post. But since it was not deleted, who knows if it is a necro or not??.
    Seems pretty obvious.
    Spamming
    You may not create posts which contain:
    • Excessive communications of the same phrase, similar phrases, or gibberish.
    • Numbering of a thread, IBTL, TLDR, etc.
    • Bumping threads.
    • Creation of First! posts.
    • Creation of petitions.
    • Posting of off-topic comments, including but not limited to comments or discussions of a religious, or political nature.
    • Posts and/or private messages that, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, contain links to threads from other forums in the PWE network may be subject to an infraction. (Cross Linking)
    • Advertisements that have not been authorized by PWE.
    • Posting to an old thread which has not been posted to in 30 days or more.
    • Creating Duplicate Threads (A Duplicate Thread is defined as a thread which discusses the same topic as another thread, which has had a new post within the last 30 days.)
    • As this is an English-speaking community, all postings must be in English, so that they can be well received and properly monitored. Posting in other languages is not allowed, except in Forums designated specifically as non-English forums.
    Im not going to look everytime if the post is a necro or not, sorry. And u guys can laugh if you want lol. :D
    People also don't tend to look at crossroads. But you're right, we'll still be laughing.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, a necro post. But since it was not deleted, who knows if it is a necro or not??. In most forums necro threads are automatically deleted. It looks like STO forums are different lol. Im not going to look everytime if the post is a necro or not, sorry. And u guys can laugh if you want lol. :D
    You can tell it is a necro based on the last post date. The fact that is is not closed does not mean anything. It is 7:30 in the morning in California and Trevor might not even be awake yet - and the Mods only come when they feel like it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jabrson11 wrote: »
    There are so many ways available to earn money through online

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that your favorite is "thread necromancy for fun and profit," amirite? :P
    Yes, a necro post. But since it was not deleted, who knows if it is a necro or not??

"Everybody who knows how to read a date" would be the answer to that question.
    In most forums necro threads are automatically deleted.

You're serious?
    Im not going to look everytime if the post is a necro or not, sorry.

And there's the answer to how 5-year-old threads get necroed to begin with.
    And u guys can laugh if you want lol. :D

Oh, we will. :D
  • heartsinatlantisheartsinatlantis Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014

The best way to make money is to work for it, of course. Why do you ask?
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2014
This discussion has been closed.