test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestions for setting up a good Galor

majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I have a Galor, had it since the Cardassian Lock box run. I have flown it on my Tactical for quite sometime and decided to go back to it and set it up as a beam boat with fleet gear.

Before I spend a single FC or dilithium I'd like some options on how I could set this up to do decent damage and also shield tank well. Should I go all out with spiral waves or should I use a rep or fleet alternative? I have been looking at the Romulan rep beams and they look nice but are they worth the amount of dilithium Cryptic is asking? Are there any better options.

Also console and BOFF layouts. If I have to choose between more damage or more survival I'd probably choose the latter as you're no good if you're dead. I have over a million FC and almost 300K of dilithium so cost isn't much of an issue. I just don't want to buy something and find I wasted it.

I also have no issues with re-skilling the character to work better, same with re-traiting him, so suggestions there would also be welcome.

Also as an alternative I have been thinking of a battlecruiser. I'd probably end up with 3 or 4 ships (one will no doubt be the Krenn destroyer eventually) that I can swap between as the situation calls. So any suggestions between the Mogh or the Tor'Kaht for a tactical would be appreciated. I run the Fleet Mogh on my engineer so I am wondering if the Tor'Kaht is a better choice for my tactical.

So please post you Galor builds and suggestions for me, I'm itching to go shopping. :D
Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
Post edited by majesticmsfc on

Comments

• galr25galr25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Fleet Polaron with the XII Dominion space set, get the normal polaron boast and the extra one as its a Galor.
  • alfamegaalfamega Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    galr25 wrote: »
    Fleet Polaron with the XII Dominion space set, get the normal polaron boast and the extra one as its a Galor.
    agree.
    fleet polarons + xii jemhaddar + a2b setup + overbuffed FAW spam.
    ept2weap + DEM + cruiser command + omega/beta + tt + faw.
    profit :D
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Use the Protonic Polaron with ACCx2 and the Jemmy XII set...

The Polaron will get the boost from the set
    The Protonic proc will bypass shields

Fleet Spire tac consoles will give you a juicy Polaron boost as WELL as boosting proton damage

Add the Leech console and the Dyson Weapons set for some massive damage to bare hull.

Then just build your Boffs....
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • priestofsin420priestofsin420 Member Posts: 419
    edited February 2014
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=darksideofthemoon_6238

Boom. Phaser proc, disruptor proc, tetryon proc, polaron proc. Aux2Bat for maximum own. For Doffs, use standard 3 techs+marion, Zemok (sp? The attack patterns guy). Last one is your choice.
    Sardak (Science Officer): Captain of a 23k DPS R'Mor Temporal Science Vessel, R.R.W. Vathos
    Odan Brota (Science Officer): Captain of a 28k DPS Scryer Intel Science Vessel, U.S.S. Kepler
    Patiently waiting for a Romulan Science Vessel
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    sunseahl wrote: »
    Fleet Spire tac consoles will give you a juicy Polaron boost as WELL as boosting proton damage

Spire consoles do not directly boost proton damage. They can improve your crit hit rate, though, which does indirectly boost your protonic proc.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you all, the Jem'Hadar Set being a lobi set I am unable at this time to get so I went with my spiral waves and the 2 piece honour guard set, with a elite fleet warp core and shield and I am quite happy with the results.
    Spire consoles do not directly boost proton damage. They can improve your crit hit rate, though, which does indirectly boost your protonic proc.

I'm pretty certain they do like 30+% energy type damage and then the additional crit.
    Also protonic polarons do polaron damage they just have the protonic abilities as an addition like phased polarons, spiral waves, polarized disruptors etc.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Am I missing something? What's with all these ppl pushing TRIBBLE polaron fit on a2b eng cruiser with no pets? And OP isn't even asking for it (which he shouldn't be).:rolleyes:

But anyway, here's the a2b romulan plasma shield galor OP wanted
    http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=nobletgalor_0

There are no nukara or tackynokinetic consoles in the fit. Acc overflow for faw isn't fixed yet. And I don't go around telling people to open boxes in order to spend 200 lobi on a console, so unless requester specifically says he has it already or wants it, it won't be included.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thank you all, the Jem'Hadar Set being a lobi set I am unable at this time to get so I went with my spiral waves and the 2 piece honour guard set, with a elite fleet warp core and shield and I am quite happy with the results.

The Mark 11 version is awarded for finishing certain Dominion arc missions. I think the Lobi version requires one to first earn the Mark 11 version, then the lobi cost "upgrades" it to Mark 12.
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm pretty certain they do like 30+% energy type damage and then the additional crit.
    That extra damage does not include proton damage.
    Also protonic polarons do polaron damage they just have the protonic abilities as an addition like phased polarons, spiral waves, polarized disruptors etc.
    The proton proc deals proton damage, and does not benefit from polaron damage bonuses.
  • ddemlongddemlong Member Posts: 294
    edited March 2014
    Here is my Galor. It has great survival and recently I just parsed over 21K DPS

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=20kgalor_6084
    I use to do 100K DPS, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 242658 (243540) Kinetic Damage (Critical) to you.