Install Arc
Options

Tour the Galaxy Problems

2»

Comments

• Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    For all those Fed player's here is a link for you to read thru.

Also here is a link to a map I made, this is one of the easiest routes to take.

I don't understand why this route (from the map) starts in the Mylasa sector?

I thought you had to go to ESD to start the mission?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I don't understand why this route (from the map) starts in the Mylasa sector?

I thought you had to go to ESD to start the mission?

Not the new, "de-improved" post-hourly-calendar-removal version. Use your mission log, find Tour under the "Available" tab, and start from wherever you like.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not the new, "de-improved" post-hourly-calendar-removal version. Use your mission log, find Tour under the "Available" tab, and start from wherever you like.

Ah, thanks!
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Ah, thanks!

They turned it into a daily mission that can be found in your available missions log.

The map I created isn't the fastest possible course you can take (meaning some trans-warping may be needed to achieve quicker times), but it is probably the easiest to follow till you can come up with a faster method.
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    sgcdiallersgcdialler Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I run with MACO engines, the Solanae WC (Subspace Fold), and 3 points in DC, and I can generally finish with a couple minutes on the clock (provided there isn't any lag and I don't TRIBBLE it up :P ). My route is as follows, using slipstream and subspace fold as often as I possibly can.

I start in the Pelia sector, and hit all four in Gamma Orionis. Take the Gate to Sirius, then fly over to Alpha Trianguli. Go down and around through Zeta A, and come back to Sirius via Beta Ursae. Go up to Alpha Centauri and fly straight through the Teneebia sector to the Iota Pavonis block (edit: hit all four sectors, ofc). Come back into Alpha Centauri, in the Sierra sector, and go to Psi Velorum. Fly down to the Mylasa sector. TRANSWARP to Tau Dewa from there! Fly through Tau Dewa to the Narendra Sector, then fly through the Pi Canis block, through Eta Eridani, to the Orellius Block. Now, from here, you can fly from the Deferi Sector to the Raveh sector, and you can get back to Eta Eridani from the Raveh sector. Back--track through Eta Eridani to the Regulus block, and fly straight on til morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I've played for about 3 years, and have never done this mission.

I WAS going to try it soon - just for the experience - but now I think I'll save myself the frustration.

If the 15 minutes includes the load time as well, that is not just 'harsh' but downright monstrous.

Isn't the 'Daily' aspect of it now MORE than enough to stop people from 'earning too much', or whatever the issue is?

Sometimes I really do wonder why they make the decisions they do.

I am mostly with you. I tried it a few times back in the day but it never would register that I had visited any of the places so I gave up on it and have never tried it since.

However, these days as you say I do not feel it is even worth my effort. I have things like the Vesta which has awesome slip-stream but eh... whatever.
  • Options
    kodiakjorgenssonkodiakjorgensson Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i managed to do tour the galaxy with my main fed captain, i dont have anything in my driver coil, i just used the chimeras advanced slipstream, subspace fold (solanae overcharged core), borg engines and transwarp to ESD, managed to do it with 2 mins to spare. the most annoying thing about tour the galaxy is, some sectors have you facing ompletly the wrong way whne you enter, and that can take some seconds off,
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would love it if they made them all so that you were facing away from the general direction from which you entered. They don't have to match oblique angles or anything, just make it so that if I cross from a sector block to the "South" to the one to the "North", no matter what angle I hit the border at, I'm facing "North" when I enter the second sector block. Most transitions seem to work this way, but a few will have you facing 90 degrees off from the general heading that you crossed in, and a couple (Iota Pavonis into Alpha Centauri being the one that matters in this context) will have you facing back in the direction from which you came.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    anodynes wrote: »
    I would love it if they made them all so that you were facing away from the general direction from which you entered. They don't have to match oblique angles or anything, just make it so that if I cross from a sector block to the "South" to the one to the "North", no matter what angle I hit the border at, I'm facing "North" when I enter the second sector block. Most transitions seem to work this way, but a few will have you facing 90 degrees off from the general heading that you crossed in, and a couple (Iota Pavonis into Alpha Centauri being the one that matters in this context) will have you facing back in the direction from which you came.
    Yeah, there's several of those and they're annoying....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited February 2014

This is why i use the mission warps or quickwarps.
    questerius wrote: »
    Finally managed to get it done twice with 1-1.30 minutes to spare. Identified that turning and exiting iota pavonis were my holdups.

Starting at zaria move towards eta eridani.

Enter eta eridani and TW to Pi canis.

Clear Pi Canis and use "between the stars" quickwarp.

Clear Tau Dewa and exit at mylase sector.

Go Nortwest to Alpha Centauri then to Iota Pavonis.

Clear Iota Pavonis and quickwarp to Briar patch using "secret orders" quickwarp.

Clear regulus and cross sirius to beta ursea.

TW across BU, make turn in Zeta Andromeda and enter Alpha T. sector.

Speed across AT and enter sirius toward Gamma O gate.

Clear borg and undine space.

With borg engines this should finish with at least 30 sec to spare.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Here's my route for KDF ... starting in the Bajor sector ...

http://i.imgur.com/WII7fdP.jpg

... and my route for Fed ... starting in the Teneebia sector ...

http://i.imgur.com/xsDNMrK.jpg

... neither of which requires Marauder 3/Diplomacy 3 or use of Transwarp(s) or other bits of "trickery" to complete. These are just "straight flying" from beginning to end, so they should be fine for beginners who haven't fully kitted out their ships yet. Needless to say, the starting points ought to be as close to the border(s) as you're comfortable with getting before starting.

The Fed route is actually doable with a White [SSR] Core and some investment in Driver Coil (+50 or so total ought to be enough, which can be gotten from Diplomatic Immunity and/or Raiding Party), although the time limit is going to be TIGHT ... since I finished all sectors with only 10 seconds to spare when I tried it the first time. The margin is thus small enough that fast zone loading times are pretty important, although that becomes less of an issue with increases in Driver Coil (which, again, can be gotten from Diplomatic Immunity/Raiding Party). The KDF route isn't quite as fast, usually lagging about a minute or so behind the Fed route in terms of completion timing for me, so for the KDF route you're going to want *both* Diplomatic Immunity AND Raiding Party if you're using a White [SSR] Core (or equivalent non-MACO, non-Borg, non-Solanae Core).

Having a Solanae Core on pretty much ANY ship guarantees that at Level 50 you'll have time to spare when you finish. For me, with Solanae Cores on all my ships ... my Orion (B'rel Retrofit using Klingon Honor Guard full set) and KDF aligned Romulan (T'varo Retrofit using Romulan full set) can complete the KDF run in about 13 minutes, thanks to the jumping. My Alien (Federation Science Destroyer using Solanae full set) can complete the run in about 12 minutes, and my Human (Fleet Support Cruiser using MACO full set) can complete the run in between 10-11 minutes (Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs!:cool:), thanks to the jumping. So the 2 light year jumps just really offer a huge margin for being able to go the distance ... to the tune of shaving off about 3 minutes relative to using [SSR] Cores to be able to Slipstream on a 1 minute cooldown (instead of the standard 2 minutes).

With a [SSR] Core, I'd usually be using Slipstream about 9 times per run (:eek:) ... which is not bad for a Tour that takes about 15 minutes or so. But with a Solanae Core, I just save the Slipstream for the "longest" stretches in a straight line, so as to get the most distance out of them, since I'm using the jumps "tactically" and the slipstream "strategically" for moving through sector space. Between the [SSS] and [SSR] mods on Cores, my personal experience is that [SSR] beats [SSS], for the purposes of Touring, hands down, while [SST] is practically useless (if you know your route and "how to fly") and [Trans] is only useful if ... well ... let's just say I try to stay away from routes that require Transwarp(s) to complete (so I can Transwarp from the end of the run to wherever).

One of the "tricks" I've found, which apparently every ship except the T'varo can do is that in Gamma Orionis, you'll notice that the Sibiran System is dead center between all four of the blocks. You can set your autopilot to fly you to Sibiran and then once On Course all you have to do is *tap* UP or DOWN from your keyboard (I personally tap UP *and* DOWN once each so as to try and stay flying level) so as to break the autopilot destination lock. So horizontally you'll be flying on the correct bearing to warp directly under Sibiran in the exact center of the sector block, and pick up all 3 of the remaining sectors all at once ... and then you just have your helmsman alter course to starboard (as best they can) until you're flying straight for the border to get to Pelia Sector.

Only problem with this one is that if you're "off course" by even just a little bit to either port or starboard, you'll "miss" the triple play flying under/through the Sibiran system, so it's best to use the autopilot to get you ON course, and then use a little vertical pitch (only!) keyboard tapping to break destination lock without yawing. Unfortunately, it appears that the T'varo is (ironically?) just small enough that its hitbox can't "hit" all 3 sectors by flying under Sibiran like all my other ships can, so I have to "set course" for Sibiran just like usual, but then keyboard tap slightly to port so as to fly "around" the Sibiran center so as to snag the Bellatrix sector before picking up the other two on my way to Pelia Sector.

I'm sure that most veterans of Touring know about the Sibiran Trick already, but I just mention it for the benefit of anyone who wasn't aware of it before now, since it can shave a few (precious?:rolleyes:) extra seconds off a route if you're really hurting for time with razor thin margins.
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Interesting, always appreciate seeing KDF routes. I haven't yet done the new Tour, so I'd like to ask, how exactly has it changed such that you can start from Bajor? I haven't done it since its old format, in which your 60 minutes started ticking as soon as you got the mission in ESD/First City.

Gen

EDIT: never mind, I started with the last page; going backwards, I see that it's now accessible from your journal.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    edited February 2014

http://i.imgur.com/WII7fdP.jpg

... and my route for Fed ... starting in the Teneebia sector ...

http://i.imgur.com/xsDNMrK.jpg

... neither of which requires Marauder 3/Diplomacy 3 or use of Transwarp(s) or other bits of "trickery" to complete. These are just "straight flying" from beginning to end, so they should be fine for beginners who haven't fully kitted out their ships yet. Needless to say, the starting points ought to be as close to the border(s) as you're comfortable with getting before starting.

The Fed route is actually doable with a White [SSR] Core and some investment in Driver Coil (+50 or so total ought to be enough, which can be gotten from Diplomatic Immunity and/or Raiding Party), although the time limit is going to be TIGHT ... since I finished all sectors with only 10 seconds to spare when I tried it the first time. The margin is thus small enough that fast zone loading times are pretty important, although that becomes less of an issue with increases in Driver Coil (which, again, can be gotten from Diplomatic Immunity/Raiding Party). The KDF route isn't quite as fast, usually lagging about a minute or so behind the Fed route in terms of completion timing for me, so for the KDF route you're going to want *both* Diplomatic Immunity AND Raiding Party if you're using a White [SSR] Core (or equivalent non-MACO, non-Borg, non-Solanae Core).

Having a Solanae Core on pretty much ANY ship guarantees that at Level 50 you'll have time to spare when you finish. For me, with Solanae Cores on all my ships ... my Orion (B'rel Retrofit using Klingon Honor Guard full set) and KDF aligned Romulan (T'varo Retrofit using Romulan full set) can complete the KDF run in about 13 minutes, thanks to the jumping. My Alien (Federation Science Destroyer using Solanae full set) can complete the run in about 12 minutes, and my Human (Fleet Support Cruiser using MACO full set) can complete the run in between 10-11 minutes (Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs!:cool:), thanks to the jumping. So the 2 light year jumps just really offer a huge margin for being able to go the distance ... to the tune of shaving off about 3 minutes relative to using [SSR] Cores to be able to Slipstream on a 1 minute cooldown (instead of the standard 2 minutes).

With a [SSR] Core, I'd usually be using Slipstream about 9 times per run (:eek:) ... which is not bad for a Tour that takes about 15 minutes or so. But with a Solanae Core, I just save the Slipstream for the "longest" stretches in a straight line, so as to get the most distance out of them, since I'm using the jumps "tactically" and the slipstream "strategically" for moving through sector space. Between the [SSS] and [SSR] mods on Cores, my personal experience is that [SSR] beats [SSS], for the purposes of Touring, hands down, while [SST] is practically useless (if you know your route and "how to fly") and [Trans] is only useful if ... well ... let's just say I try to stay away from routes that require Transwarp(s) to complete (so I can Transwarp from the end of the run to wherever).

One of the "tricks" I've found, which apparently every ship except the T'varo can do is that in Gamma Orionis, you'll notice that the Sibiran System is dead center between all four of the blocks. You can set your autopilot to fly you to Sibiran and then once On Course all you have to do is *tap* UP or DOWN from your keyboard (I personally tap UP *and* DOWN once each so as to try and stay flying level) so as to break the autopilot destination lock. So horizontally you'll be flying on the correct bearing to warp directly under Sibiran in the exact center of the sector block, and pick up all 3 of the remaining sectors all at once ... and then you just have your helmsman alter course to starboard (as best they can) until you're flying straight for the border to get to Pelia Sector.

Only problem with this one is that if you're "off course" by even just a little bit to either port or starboard, you'll "miss" the triple play flying under/through the Sibiran system, so it's best to use the autopilot to get you ON course, and then use a little vertical pitch (only!) keyboard tapping to break destination lock without yawing. Unfortunately, it appears that the T'varo is (ironically?) just small enough that its hitbox can't "hit" all 3 sectors by flying under Sibiran like all my other ships can, so I have to "set course" for Sibiran just like usual, but then keyboard tap slightly to port so as to fly "around" the Sibiran center so as to snag the Bellatrix sector before picking up the other two on my way to Pelia Sector.

I'm sure that most veterans of Touring know about the Sibiran Trick already, but I just mention it for the benefit of anyone who wasn't aware of it before now, since it can shave a few (precious?:rolleyes:) extra seconds off a route if you're really hurting for time with razor thin margins.

Your KDF route completely missed the Sirius sector, it needs to be changed.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    KDF have no reason to visit Sirius on the Tour, just like Feds have no reason to visit Omega Leonis.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Unless that's changed too, KDF doesn't do Sirius, and Starfleet doesn't do Omega Leonis.

Did that change...?
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Something interesting that I've found when using Subspace Fold from the Solanae Cores for the tour is that, if you use it too close to a sector block border, it can put you out of bounds, behind the border and moving away from it without getting the transition pop-up. Be careful when using it, as this can waste a significant amount of time.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Sorry forgot the KDF doesn't need visit Sirius. :o

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can complete the Tour in under 15 minutes with the Borg engines and 9 bars in driver coil. I have no other special equipment.

One thing I've discovered is that the time spent in loading screens does count toward your 15-minute time limit. I was stuck once stuck in the loading screen for several minutes and had to kill the client. I lost that time when I logged back in. I also think your computer specs affects loading time. Zones seem to load much faster on my new computer than my old one, and I haven't changed my network connection. I think they should pause the timer during loading screens. That way, people with slower computers aren't unfairly penalized.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    autumnturningautumnturning Member Posts: 743 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Your KDF route completely missed the Sirius sector, it needs to be changed.
    KDF have no reason to visit Sirius on the Tour, just like Feds have no reason to visit Omega Leonis.
    Sorry forgot the KDF doesn't need visit Sirius. :o

As advertised ... Feature ... not a Bug. ;)

After all, not everyone who wants to run the Tour on KDF side will have Marauder 3 (and thus access to Sirius).
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Unannounced fix in this last patch, you now face "South" coming out of Iota Pavonis into Alpha Centauri, and "North" coming out of Eta Eridani into Pi Canis. There are still some transitions that are wrong that I've found so far, Sirius/Vulcan sector into Regulus still leaves you facing "North", and Regulus/Kassae sector into Sirius leaves you facing "South", but this is a big improvement.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In my opinion, the Tour is no longer worth running. You only have 15 minutes to complete which is nearly impossible to run even with the best of engines. If your pc lags even a little you will lose time. Add to that that the amount of EC you get is smaller than it was, this mission is a complete bust. They really need to keep this at an hour or, for compromise sake, drop it to 30 minutes. This is only my viewpoint and I know that some will agree with this assessment.

I agree, they should at least make it 30 to 45 minutes long instead of the crappy 15 minutes.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Heck. Since it has a 20 hour cooldown might as well make it a 20 hour clock to complete.
  • Options
    hawkhawkinshawkhawkins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I start in the southeast corner of z6
    hook through tarod and devron into bolarus and head south
    left through teneebia sierra vendor
    left through hyralan orias mylasa
    when i'm feeling lazy i'll tau dewa transwarp but can just as easily go back to hyralan and head south
    left again through azure nimbus narendra
    right from mempa hromi xarantine
    archanis donatu aldebaren
    deferi north to raveh and hook right back to aldebaren
    north to risa sector and immediately west to dorvan almatha algira
    orias vanden arawath kora
    cardassia bajor kalandra
    hook left (or change instances) at orion
    cut across vulcan sector to argelius
    only annoying point is here where you have to spin 180 degrees to go south
    through celes and kassae, hook a right
    turn right and you'll see the transwarp gate
    hit the 4 corners point under sibiran and on to pelia...

If I use slipstreams, tau dewa from mylasa, and instance switch at orion I can finish in under 10 minutes... but I can complete the whole tour without any of that business using a non slipstream warp 22 using [9 driver coil], [borg engines] and a [green mk xi [coi]].

No funky mission transwarps or funky jukes in the route. Just straight out flying.
  • Options
    captainedwards09captainedwards09 Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I thought before BranFlakes left he mentioned that they were looking to address the time that everyone was giving feedback about was way too short?