test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Colors washed out

purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Hey all,

I was playing STO about an hour ago, when it suddenly crashed. As soon as it did, the color turned washed-out on my monitor. Now I can't get it to go back to how it was! Even after a restart, the washed-out color returns after a few seconds. Is there any way to fix this? It's driving me crazy.
Post edited by purlenutsack on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Also, the colors are *not* washed out in the game itself, only when I return to the desktop.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Make a picture with your phone, put it on imgur and share it with us ;).

EDIT; why a pic with your phone? It could be your screen, cable or card. If you screenshot in-game, I doubt we'll see what you're experiencing.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Also, I've ruled out the monitor - it's been reset to factory settings. All the connections are snug tight. I have a feeling it has something to do with what STO does to color/brightness/contrast settings when it loads. Before this happened, if I try to switch apps while in STO it would briefly wash out the colors on my desktop, the way they look now. It looks like it just got stuck that way when STO crashed, but it's difficult to tell.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The screenshot is a pic of a normal background without any distortions. That's why I asked you to make a pic with your phone.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    The problem, again, is not within the game. There the brightness levels and everything else are fine. The problem is that outside the game, the brightness levels or something has been messed with.

http://tinypic.com/r/1jrdq8/8

Without anything to compare it with it's rather difficult to tell there's any problem.

Heck, even with something to contrast it, it's hard to see.

http://tinypic.com/r/x3eoba/8