test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reclaim bug or WAI?

clonebetaclonebeta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
When a special item (consolle or weapon) is equipped on the ship is seen as reclaimable in the game.

Plus is it a choice or the lobi shuttles specials weapons / gear is not included in the reclaimable list?
General server stability updates. = Removed Herobrine
Post edited by clonebeta on

Comments

• signumpaxsignumpax Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I could reclaim the two breenship consoles too, even they still where installed on one of the ship. i also would like to know if that is intended to be like that.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well it seems that unless you have that particular item in your Inventory Bag you can claim it again. The Solanae Warp core is now slotted on a few of my more neglected ships.

There is a problem with Lobi Shuttle stuff not showing up, especially the Aeon's Subatomic Deflector Array, the Ferengi Na'Far's Metaphasic Shield Array.The Tholian Widow;s Thermionic Torpedo does show up as does the non-Shuttle version for the Recluse/Orb Weaver. I don't have the Voth Heavy Fighter so can't speak to the Voth Antiproton Beam Array and Voth Transphasic-Chroniton Torpedo Launcher.

I did run into another bug last night as it related to the Aeon's Subatomic Deflector. I ended up deleting it last night. I immediately went to the Replicator's Buy Back tab but it was not there nor at the Buy Back Tab of a close proximity NPC Vendor. Without the Reclaim feature it seems to be surely lost for now. Submitted a Ticket, and hope that when they fix the Lobi Shuttles equipment in the Reclaim feature it will appear there for salvation.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2014
    Same here, Also is anyone else seeing the secondary deflector show up in multiple category tabs of the zen store? It was showing in the reclaim and special items for me.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    The intended function of the Reclaim is that the player must own the ship the item originally comes from, and the item must NOT be in the player's Inventory or equipped on their current ship.

I'll check on the shuttle stuff. It may just be an oversight as everything had to manually set up to work with the Reclaim function, but I haven't been able to talk to the dev yet, so no promises.
    STO QA Team
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The intended function of the Reclaim is that the player must own the ship the item originally comes from, and the item must NOT be in the player's Inventory or equipped on their current ship.

I'll check on the shuttle stuff. It may just be an oversight as everything had to manually set up to work with the Reclaim function, but I haven't been able to talk to the dev yet, so no promises.

Speaking of "Reclaim", when will we be able to Reclaim Fleet ships that we've previously purchased on a specific character, or Reclaim Lockbox ships? The new hull materials for FED and KDF look pretty nice, but not being able to use them on Fleet/Lockbox ships without re-purchasing them, is a no go.

Not a chance in hell that i'd pay an additional 4 Fleet Ship Modules + 20k Fleet Credits, just to use a new hull material. No way.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited February 2014

A few days ago I got my Dyson ship from the anniversary event finally.

I made it my active ship, transferred equipment to it, and spent time setting up boffs for it.

Even though it was my active ship and already had the warp core, secondary deflector, and the rest of the set from replaying the new featured episode, I could still reclaim the secondary deflector and warp core from the dilithium store. After claiming those items they were removed from the dil store, but after discarding them from my inventory they showed back up.

This didn't break in today's patch since this was a few days go I had done this.

So the bug is that even if you have a ship active already equipped with items you can reclaim from the dilithium store, you can still reclaim them once.
  • hroothvitnirhroothvitnir Member Posts: 322
    edited February 2014
    Ahem, Dilthium store not zen store I meant. The system detects the item if its in an inventory space well enough such as also bank so it seems its just ships that break it.
    And yes the dyson deflector shows up in the special items as wellas in reclaim tabs for me. Figures it'd be a tab called "Special Items" theres a joke hiding in there.

However this is not the only problem. There is something a bit exploit'ish you can do.
    So Crypticfrost check your PMs in reference to this as I dont want to just post this out; although the new loadout system mostly nullifies its advantages.

Screenshot of the deflector in the special tab: https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/9yC3FFFwmezniaPELnBtrZ2YgMuJlNYHRwOJWJ2d-IA?feat=directlink