test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is the Solanae set sticking around?

deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
Similar to the Obilesk core and Omni beam after the events over? (Obviously the warp core wouldn't be around since its linked to the ship but the other 3 pieces is what im referring to)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    They will probably stick around. The only think that isn't, to my knowledge is the qmendation reward on the first run.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member Posts: 265
    edited February 2014
    Hoping they do, I love having access to a semi decent set on newly made 50's (Other then the XI Jem set), helps feel less squishy while farming rep, and/or fleet.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, the 3-piece set will stay. I'm curious if the free ships become part of the 200k fleet ships you can get.
  • stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yes, the 3-piece set will stay. I'm curious if the free ships become part of the 200k fleet ships you can get.
    I'd guess they'll eventually add it to the fleet store. They might want to get a FE rerun out of it first before adding it.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stf65 wrote: »
    I'd guess they'll eventually add it to the fleet store. They might want to get a FE rerun out of it first before adding it.

doubtful, if they do it like the winter event was. next years anniversary will let you have the choice of the dyson destroyer or the new shiny ship of the year.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The three-piece set is here to to stay (Shield/Engines/Deflector)

The Warp/Sing Core is a different story. I hope that Cryptic will make it available to those of us not grinding for the Dyson ships.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    The three-piece set is here to to stay (Shield/Engines/Deflector)

The Warp/Sing Core is a different story. I hope that Cryptic will make it available to those of us not grinding for the Dyson ships.

I agree, I have way too many characters to grind this anniversary event. Seriously, it takes 8hrs to try to get the majority of my toons covered, talking about 60+

I am at the point that I gave up, managed to acquire it on several of them, but the others will have to suffer the warp core lost, shame really.

Why did they turned the anniversary event into a grind? :(
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stark2k wrote: »
    I agree, I have way too many characters to grind this anniversary event. Seriously, it takes 8hrs to try to get the majority of my toons covered, talking about 60+

I am at the point that I gave up, managed to acquire it on several of them, but the others will have to suffer the warp core lost, shame really.

Why did they turned the anniversary event into a grind? :(

Why are you grinding a ship on 60+ toons where 90% of them will probably use it?

A lot of the people who complain that it's a grind are the ones who make it into one.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Why are you grinding a ship on 60+ toons where 90% of them will probably use it?

A lot of the people who complain that it's a grind are the ones who make it into one.

The poster is probably like me. Although I don't have 60+ characters, I do have 15+ characters. And he like me probably doesn't know which characters he would want the ship on. And who knows, he may want the ship on a character 6 months from now. If you don't do the grind on all characters, you may miss out.

Note: Not even I could do the grind on that many characters.
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    my sci fed toon and rommie tac toon both have the dyson destroyer along with the space set and thats enough for me not planning on getting it for my other toons though but I do love the ships and planing to get the c-store version for the console sets that come with it :D
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well they did say before the event even started that the 3 piece from the mission was staying but if you wanted the core you had to get the anniversary ship from the Qmendations
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Solanae Warp Core/Singularity Core and the Secondary Deflector can be picked up for 0 Dilitium in the new Reclaim Tab of the Dilitium Store (Under Special Boxes... tab). You must have the ship to get them and will only show up as obtainable after you unpack the Anniversary Rewards Box (after completing the 1000 Qmendation grind). I assume that if you buy the Store Dyson Sci/Destroyer(s) they will be usable there and obviously at this time don't know if they will be available if you don't have the FE version ship.

The Warp Core can be slotted on any Warp Core capable ship; the same with the Singularity Core. As long as the Core is not in your Inventory Bag you can obtain another, so in effect if you slot one you have obtained from the Reclaim on one of your vessels you can get another and slot that on another ship, etc. So if you picked up the three pieces from running the FE for another one of your ships you can get one of these and give it the Four Piece Set. Doing that right now on one alts Wells, another alts Avenger, my Fed/Rom Telvath, and the same Fed/Roms S'Golth.

The Secondary Deflector, at this time, only works and can be slotted on the Dyson Sci/Destroyer. After they update Science Vessels to use Secondary Deflectors I assume it will work on those as well.

All in all I like the new Reclaim feature. There are some bugs with items not showing up for Lobi Shuttles but the rest of the Lobi Ships or Event Special Ships (Dyson Sci/Destroyer, Winter Event Breen ships, Obelisk FE carrier) have their Special Consoles or other special items that they came equipped with available for Reclaim as long as you own the ship.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Solanae Warp Core/Singularity Core and the Secondary Deflector can be picked up for 0 Dilitium in the new Reclaim Tab of the Dilitium Store (Under Special Boxes... tab). You must have the ship to get them and will only show up as obtainable after you unpack the Anniversary Rewards Box (after completing the 1000 Qmendation grind). I assume that if you buy the Store Dyson Sci/Destroyer(s) they will be usable there and obviously at this time don't know if they will be available if you don't have the FE version ship.

The Warp Core can be slotted on any Warp Core capable ship; the same with the Singularity Core. As long as the Core is not in your Inventory Bag you can obtain another, so in effect if you slot one you have obtained from the Reclaim on one of your vessels you can get another and slot that on another ship, etc. So if you picked up the three pieces from running the FE for another one of your ships you can get one of these and give it the Four Piece Set. Doing that right now on one alts Wells, another alts Avenger, my Fed/Rom Telvath, and the same Fed/Roms S'Golth.

The Secondary Deflector, at this time, only works and can be slotted on the Dyson Sci/Destroyer. After they update Science Vessels to use Secondary Deflectors I assume it will work on those as well.

All in all I like the new Reclaim feature. There are some bugs with items not showing up for Lobi Shuttles but the rest of the Lobi Ships or Event Special Ships (Dyson Sci/Destroyer, Winter Event Breen ships, Obelisk FE carrier) have their Special Consoles or other special items that they came equipped with available for Reclaim as long as you own the ship.

Wait a minute, you can reclaim the warp core and secondary defelctor as much as you want? is that locked per character or overall account?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • aarek1987aarek1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It will likely be similar to the Obelisk carrier which was added to the Fleet Spire, especially since the Dyson Science Destroyers come equipped with unique set items that can only be obtained via ownership of that ship. If Cryptic didn't add them to the Spire, then players would be unable to ever claim the full set from it. The only other alternative would be allowing players to claim the Secondary Deflector and Warp/Singularity Core from the dilithium store after they purchase and own a copy of the C-Store variant of the destroyer.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    talonxv wrote: »
    Wait a minute, you can reclaim the warp core and secondary defelctor as much as you want? is that locked per character or overall account?

Per character. It also just works as long as you have the ship. The point of the reclaim tab it get a chance to RECLAIM it... If you discharged it by accident, nothing more.
    aarek1987 wrote: »
    It will likely be similar to the Obelisk carrier which was added to the Fleet Spire, especially since the Dyson Science Destroyers come equipped with unique set items that can only be obtained via ownership of that ship. If Cryptic didn't add them to the Spire, then players would be unable to ever claim the full set from it. The only other alternative would be allowing players to claim the Secondary Deflector and Warp/Singularity Core from the dilithium store after they purchase and own a copy of the C-Store variant of the destroyer.

No. The ship with its setpieces will be available again next year at the anniversary. Until then you won't be able to get the 2nd deflector and the core... Unless their plans change.

The other set pieces that we get as mission rewards will ( I think) stay arround the way they are.
  • aarek1987aarek1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    No. The ship with its setpieces will be available again next year at the anniversary. Until then you won't be able to get the 2nd deflector and the core... Unless their plans change.

Source?

/10char
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Source?

/10char
    I do not believe there is an source to be had as, logically, next year Cryptic would introduce a new ship for the 5th Anniversary.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Source?

/10char

NOTE: The C-store ships we mentioned in yesterday?s Anniversary Rewards blog come with neither the warp core nor the secondary deflector that are mentioned above. If you are interested in the warp core or the secondary deflector, especially to use them in the two different 4-piece set bonuses available (first with the Anniversary event and the second from the C-store bundles next month), make sure to complete the 4-year anniversary reputation project for each character.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1088571
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vagius wrote: »
    NOTE: The C-store ships we mentioned in yesterday?s Anniversary Rewards blog come with neither the warp core nor the secondary deflector that are mentioned above. If you are interested in the warp core or the secondary deflector, especially to use them in the two different 4-piece set bonuses available (first with the Anniversary event and the second from the C-store bundles next month), make sure to complete the 4-year anniversary reputation project for each character.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1088571
    He is referring to revandarklighter's statement that the ship will be available again next year if you did not get it this year. No one has stated the ship will be available again.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Source?

/10char

That was mentioned in of the blogs and multiple dev forum posts.
    They intend to handle the anniversary event like the winter event with a new ship every year and the old ship still being available instead for qmendations.

Since I really don't want to look through the entire forum and blogs right now to find the source, look for it yourself or wait until next year and see it for yourself^^
  • vagiusvagius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    He is referring to revandarklighter's statement that the ship will be available again next year if you did not get it this year. No one has stated the ship will be available again.

Nor did I. I was responding to speculation with the only official info we have.

The OP's question was about the set pieces. Cryptic has stated, by way of the blog clip I posted previously, that the secondary deflector and warp/sing cores will not be available outside of the anniversary event.

[Speculation]
    FWIW, my guess is the other pieces (deflector/shields/eng) will still be available through the FE after the anniversary event, much like you can still get an obelisk core and a 360 beam from SOE.

I doubt the ship will be available again, but they may do it like they did the Breen ships this year - Far too early to say.
    [/Speculation]
  • paspinallpaspinall Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    vagius wrote: »
    Nor did I. I was responding to speculation with the only official info we have.

The OP's question was about the set pieces. Cryptic has stated, by way of the blog clip I posted previously, that the secondary deflector and warp/sing cores will not be available outside of the anniversary event.

[Speculation]
    FWIW, my guess is the other pieces (deflector/shields/eng) will still be available through the FE after the anniversary event, much like you can still get an obelisk core and a 360 beam from SOE.

I doubt the ship will be available again, but they may do it like they did the Breen ships this year - Far too early to say.
    [/Speculation]

Your first speculation has already been confirmed many times.

As for the second, the only speculation to it being available next year to me is the fact they arent adding the core and deflector in through any other method, i would be surprised if they didnt add it through some otherway costing you resources and time if they werent going to give us the ship again.