test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game at random will freeze & audio buzzes

voyagerrulzvoyagerrulz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Hi all.

Been having the most annoying issue with STO as of about 3 weeks ago when it first appeared.
Now I havnt really played any other games besides STO for the past months on this PC so I cant compared if its doing it to other games as well.

At random when I boot up the game within 30-60 secs of starting up the game it will just freeze up and the audio begins to distort or makes like a buzzing noise through the speakers.

Other times it works fine yet at random though it can freeze the PC up.

Im guessing its some kind of graphical or audio bug that is causing the conflict maybe?
Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?
Anyone assistance in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated it.

Many thanks in advance.
Post edited by voyagerrulz on

Comments

• Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Make sure all your drivers are up-to-date (I like driver booster). Open up your machine and make sure all the fans and vents are free of dust and give everything a good cleaning; you might be overheating.
  • Options
    voyagerrulzvoyagerrulz Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The PC is only about 7 months old.. I cant believe its already clogged up with dust etc.
    Plus being a Alienware im not sure if im allowed to open the case as it might void the warranty??

The graphics card drivers are all up to date via the Nvidia Geforce experience program.

If the GPU was overheating can it crash the game within 30 seconds of starting it up?
    Other times if its been more than 2 mins and it hasn't crashed the game will run for hours fine.
    Its only that opening window at the beginning that it might crash which if it does within the first minuet or so. If it doesn't do it there then the game works fine.

Very strange.
    I use to play this game for 4 years straight on a laptop and never once had a problem..And now playing on a dedicated gaming machine and this happens..odd ..