test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fleet is growing, new fleet new starbase !!!

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Fleet System and Holdings
Men that is nuts, we started a second fleet for a new starbase just to get new fleet marks :eek:
Yes you read it right a second fleet to start a second fed base and we are almost at lvl 2 too.

This is crazy hahaha.... Wish devs worked faster on things really needed in game :P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    watsterwatster Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    we have at least 3 fleets :D
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm sure right now there is a ton of small fleets not too happy with this bragging.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm sure right now there is a ton of small fleets not too happy with this bragging.

It does come off as bragging... But I am sure it's merely the "wow... we are large" effect </glares at OP>

But yes... As a leader of a smaller fleet, I actually prefer they pull the brakes a little.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Like said above, there must be many small fleets now getting their ships together to shoot your starbase into oblivion.

I'm leading an average fleet. We have a few dozen active members, and the holdings are progressing (only a few more days until T3 dilithium upgrades can begin). We are hardly a large fleet though, and the holdings will probably get a major break once we begin on T3 mine. That project is gonna be a hard one to finish, probably taking multiple weeks.

So OP, your fleet would also be welcome to join our fleet and contribute to our Dilithium Mine. You get your credits, we get our T3 holding. Win-win situation. Or join one of the small fleets that could use your help harder than I can.

But personally, the elitism of this thread isn't something that makes me very happy. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the last thing that small and average fleets at the moment is more things in the fleet to level up. We have 4 holdings currently, and combined they demand so much resources.
  • Options
    nagrom7nagrom7 Member Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    Like said above, there must be many small fleets now getting their ships together to shoot your starbase into oblivion.

I'm leading an average fleet. We have a few dozen active members, and the holdings are progressing (only a few more days until T3 dilithium upgrades can begin). We are hardly a large fleet though, and the holdings will probably get a major break once we begin on T3 mine. That project is gonna be a hard one to finish, probably taking multiple weeks.

So OP, your fleet would also be welcome to join our fleet and contribute to our Dilithium Mine. You get your credits, we get our T3 holding. Win-win situation. Or join one of the small fleets that could use your help harder than I can.

But personally, the elitism of this thread isn't something that makes me very happy. Sorry to burst your bubble, but the last thing that small and average fleets at the moment is more things in the fleet to level up. We have 4 holdings currently, and combined they demand so much resources.

I'm an officer in a large fleet with mostly finished holdings, and I agree with the above.
    If we need fleet credits, we have plenty of small/medium fleets to turn to who love donations, which is a win win.
    But this elitism is making us large fleets look bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Harden up Princess
    Looking for an Oceanic fleet? Check out our website:
    www.ausmonauts.com
  • Options
    ameristamerist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Thinking about how once projects are completed -- until more pop up next season or whenever -- fleet credits dry up, it seems like something such as "Fleet guesting" could use an implementation. Essentially permitting people to stay with a primary Fleet, but also take on a role in a secondary Fleet in order to pour into their holdings.

I know my friends just started a Fleet (with a name that flatters me in order to get me to join) at the ground level in order to, "Launder Fleet marks and resources into credits to spend elsewhere." (Joining some other fleet was apparently out of the question.)

How goes the Fleet running nowadays?
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Would'n the proper solution be to offer a simple project in all of the holdings that takes only fleet marks?

I mean, we already have a project that only takes Dil... Why not fleet marks?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    That's an idea. After all we got something similar with Reputation.

Hopefully, with the changing of the guard, DeAngelo will implement solutions to these flaws of the Starbase system.
  • Options
    houseofdaxhouseofdax Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think if our fleet ever got to the point where we were maxed on all holdings id prefer to do something similar to the NOP guys or the REDdit Alert fleets, have somebody mark your rank/position in fleet, then leave and join an existing smaller fleet and put your marks into their project then return to your own fleet.

Its got the added benefit of helping somebody else out while also helping me out, i get the credit i want/need and another fleet gets a boost in holding progress that they want/need

As somebody who has spent the better part of the last three days doing nothing but grinding FM's for our mine upgrade i was really happy when somebody from RA offered to do this for us.
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, what we need now is more power creep and more grind, because a few very large fleet are finished !
    As said by other, just donate to another fleet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    houseofdax wrote: »
    I think if our fleet ever got to the point where we were maxed on all holdings id prefer to do something similar to the NOP guys or the REDdit Alert fleets, have somebody mark your rank/position in fleet, then leave and join an existing smaller fleet and put your marks into their project then return to your own fleet.

Its got the added benefit of helping somebody else out while also helping me out, i get the credit i want/need and another fleet gets a boost in holding progress that they want/need

As somebody who has spent the better part of the last three days doing nothing but grinding FM's for our mine upgrade i was really happy when somebody from RA offered to do this for us.

Maybe Cryptic could create a sort of Bank where players could donate their fleet marks and other players needing them could extract them. With a limit of amount to extract per day per player so no exploit will take place. (Players who donate get credit for it)
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • Options
    timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Was about to say....

Install a diplomatic terminal on every fleet holding that allows the donation of resources to current running projects by people invited to the holding in exchange for fleet credits.

That way people wouldn't have to leave their home fleet but can help out other fleets without much hassle.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • Options
    jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Like, my 4 person KDF fleet stuck on level 1 SB and not much of anything else?

Nope, not bothered, just because they could be helping small fleets out, why would we be upset that they wish to leave us to rot while they show off what they have...

Not like Bill Gates, Richard Branson, most of Hollywood - going out of there way to show us what we don't have, not upsetting at all :P
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The group I'm a part of- both main fleets have all holdings completed, and our "alt fleet" will be to Tier 5 in about two months. Completion in about 6. Which means we're looking at the possibility of not just a third Fed fleet but a second KDF fleet as well.

Too many people wanting too many credits, you know?

And if any small fleets aren't happy about that, well, I'm sorry you're offended.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I moved this thread to the Fleet System forum because I believe it has feedback that the Devs need to see in relation to this.

I'm not sure that Fleets replicating themselves indefinitely is really what the Devs would call "Working As Intended". Perhaps they don't care, since this would presumably be an effective resource sink and might generate Zen sales they wouldn't get otherwise.

At the very least, it highlights a very interesting dynamic taking shape.

Fleets apparently created for no other reason than to generate fleet credits.

Are they temporary fleets? Theoretically not. There's no mechanism for disbanding (deleting) a fleet that I recall.

And what happens when the fleet leader of one of these satellite fleets forgets to log in and a junior member ends up controlling it? These satellite fleets could well end up taking on lives of their own. Should they?

Let's not have arguments about how this is good or bad. I think it would be interesting to talk about where this kind of thing will lead and let people make up their own minds.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    houseofdaxhouseofdax Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    timelord79 wrote: »
    Was about to say....

Install a diplomatic terminal on every fleet holding that allows the donation of resources to current running projects by people invited to the holding in exchange for fleet credits.

That way people wouldn't have to leave their home fleet but can help out other fleets without much hassle.

Creating a facility where people can donate or work on behalf of other fleets while remaining in their own is a great idea, as is creating a project for larger fleets that uses only fleet marks to generate provisions or something else so that there arent fleets creating sub fleets just to have somewhere to put the marks.

If the embassy had a facility where fleets could be linked (by mutual agreement much like a friend request) and that allowed for people from linked fleets to donate to a marks pool that the other fleet leader(s) could use.
  • Options
    suzy32suzy32 Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Men that is nuts, we started a second fleet for a new starbase just to get new fleet marks :eek:
    Yes you read it right a second fleet to start a second fed base and we are almost at lvl 2 too.

This is crazy hahaha.... Wish devs worked faster on things really needed in game :P

Congrates on your 2nd fleet. it is work we have 4 and it easier cause we only focus on the small one now. good luck

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=590121
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    rahmkota19 wrote: »

I know the feeling and sorry I don't like to brag I was a small fleet but we are a joined ops of 5 fleets joined together and people switch between the fleets to get the starbases and the rest of it operational it's a large job to keep all 1500 members satisfied it is sometimes a whole day of work and even if you have jobs split to coordinate it it is still a lot off work, I lead a small base tier 2 but lately it was going fast it is almost tier 5 and a new starbase is being build, as I really love this I also hate it because it's much more work.
    But to have a successful fleet you really have to share with other small fleets thats the best advice I can give you !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    natorepublicnatorepublic Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We have 12 fleets, and 3000 members. Each time one of our starbases hits T5 we are doing some special things to assist people in smaller fleets. The second batch of T5 bases should be rolling off here in a few months.
  • Options
    abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If anyone has extra fleet marks to donate to help a smaller active fleet, feel free to email me ingame @IndyJonesNYS. We are close to T3 embassy science and Mine tactical, T2 on spire science and T4 Tactical on starbase. Any help would be appreciated. ;)
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    If anyone has extra fleet marks to donate to help a smaller active fleet, feel free to email me ingame @IndyJonesNYS. We are close to T3 embassy science and Mine tactical, T2 on spire science and T4 Tactical on starbase. Any help would be appreciated. ;)

This kind of thing is off-topic. Let's keep the thread on-topic. If anyone wants to advertise their fleet, use the appropriate fleet forum.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I'm not sure that Fleets replicating themselves indefinitely is really what the Devs would call "Working As Intended". Perhaps they don't care, since this would presumably be an effective resource sink and might generate Zen sales they wouldn't get otherwise.

At the very least, it highlights a very interesting dynamic taking shape.

Fleets apparently created for no other reason than to generate fleet credits.

Are they temporary fleets? Theoretically not. There's no mechanism for disbanding (deleting) a fleet that I recall.

I wouldn't put it as dynamic but a serious problem. If large fleets are churning out faux fleets, it's taking away money since they are taking away server memory space. And what of those completed Tier 5 fleets being sold off for real money? That's going to create problems too when people stupid enough to buy these fleets realize they can't do anything with it, because they haven't earned fleet credits to buy stuff.

And what's to say 2-3 years down the road when there is a ton of these abandoned fleets?

Then there is the problem of earnest, hard-working small fleets, who see all these faux fleets pass them by, all I can say is that is extremely demoralizing. They spend their free time working hard grinding away. Or small Klingon fleets who can't even progress, because the Queues are deader than dead.

I can't put it to words other than "it bleeping sucks".

I can't fathom why Cryptic just sits there doing nothing. Just one reason less reason to continue playing STO.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What I would like to know is how some of these large Fleets have managed to grow so big so fast!? We are a couple of relatively new Fleets (Legends of Starfleet\Legends of Qo'noS) and are getting underway. I would be grateful for any tips the more successful among you would be willing to share on how to grow a fleet ;). Also any management tips you might be willing to share...
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    What I would like to know is how some of these large Fleets have managed to grow so big so fast!? We are a couple of relatively new Fleets (Legends of Starfleet\Legends of Qo'noS) and are getting underway. I would be grateful for any tips the more successful among you would be willing to share on how to grow a fleet ;). Also any management tips you might be willing to share...

Well, part of it is that many of the 'mega-fleets' as it were way back when the fleet system was really implemented as it is now, were already pretty large to start with.

Right out of the starting gate, a lot of people had a lot of resources. I know my fleet was booming pretty much more or less. Only real trouble was the one thing nobody had: fleet marks.

Once Nukara was gotten down to a T (when it was first released it would give FMs during the FM event), that stopped being a problem for awhile. Dil wasn't needed for much at the time as well, so it wasn't as big of an issue to donate it.

Short version is that up until people finished tier 3, a lot of fleets hit the monster that was needing uncommon DOFFs for projects, or they had gotten stuck on the equally big monster that was the Bartender upgrade.

Once people started working towards tier 4, or when we started to deal with the Embassy, that is when things started to grow between the more wealthy fleets, and those without the resources to keep up.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    lordvalecortezlordvalecortez Member Posts: 479 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't put it as dynamic but a serious problem. If large fleets are churning out faux fleets, it's taking away money since they are taking away server memory space. And what of those completed Tier 5 fleets being sold off for real money? That's going to create problems too when people stupid enough to buy these fleets realize they can't do anything with it, because they haven't earned fleet credits to buy stuff.

And what's to say 2-3 years down the road when there is a ton of these abandoned fleets?

Then there is the problem of earnest, hard-working small fleets, who see all these faux fleets pass them by, all I can say is that is extremely demoralizing. They spend their free time working hard grinding away. Or small Klingon fleets who can't even progress, because the Queues are deader than dead.

I can't put it to words other than "it bleeping sucks".

I can't fathom why Cryptic just sits there doing nothing. Just one reason less reason to continue playing STO.

This. So very much this. I'm in a small fleet. Tiny even. Our roster says 40 people but I know at least 15 of those are alts primarily from the 4 guys running the fleet. So naturally it takes forever to get anything rolling. Marks, dil, items all take time to come up with. The one thing that we aren't short on is FC. I personally financed the T2 Mine upgrade using fc to buy the necessary doffs and provisions. Cost and arm and leg and it didn't even dent my fc wallet.

And here you have big fleet members crying about not being able to get fc. Join a small fleet. There are scores of them just dying to take in member but can't because they just can't offer all the fancy toys of the big fleets and because of the out=out policy that is usually in place. So big fleets make faux fleets just as a means of generating credits. It's disheartening as hell.

Simple fix. Let big fleets donate to a specific smaller fleet they are sponsoring. Tax that donation at a flat 10% rate. Call it a transportation fee or something. Big fleet gets credits, small fleet gets the resources it needs. Everyone is happy.
    Cheers from Antonio Valerio Cortez III, Half-Celestial Archduke of the Free Marches Confederacy.
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This. So very much this. I'm in a small fleet. Tiny even. Our roster says 40 people but I know at least 15 of those are alts primarily from the 4 guys running the fleet. So naturally it takes forever to get anything rolling. Marks, dil, items all take time to come up with. The one thing that we aren't short on is FC. I personally financed the T2 Mine upgrade using fc to buy the necessary doffs and provisions. Cost and arm and leg and it didn't even dent my fc wallet.

And here you have big fleet members crying about not being able to get fc. Join a small fleet. There are scores of them just dying to take in member but can't because they just can't offer all the fancy toys of the big fleets and because of the out=out policy that is usually in place. So big fleets make faux fleets just as a means of generating credits. It's disheartening as hell.

Simple fix. Let big fleets donate to a specific smaller fleet they are sponsoring. Tax that donation at a flat 10% rate. Call it a transportation fee or something. Big fleet gets credits, small fleet gets the resources it needs. Everyone is happy.

EXCELLENT idea! Fleet Sponsorship! Ya listening, Devs? This would be a great idea and an excellent solution to a lot of problems all around! Let's make this happen! :D
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!