test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Captains table

valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
This is going to seem like a silly question but what exactly does the captains table do? Im a veteran so i can go there anytime but just wondered what its there for
Post edited by valkarie14 on

Comments

• Options
    valkarie14valkarie14 Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like the idea of the captains table but think its needs improving
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    valkarie14 wrote: »
    I like the idea of the captains table but think its needs improving

Well it could AT LEAST need a "Transwarp Option" ... maybe with Season 9 because of the :
    Decisive improvements on perks for lifetime-subscribers

but wouldn't count on it ... "decisive" probably means "New EV Suit" or something like that :P

How about putting some kind of "[Iconian] Gateway" there, which lets you speed-travel to other Star-bases, without Transwarp ... (DS9, Drozana etc) .. right now it's just a waste of time to go there, because of the "extra-mile"
    The bar appears to exist in another dimension because its door can appear anywhere around the galaxy
    -> kind of Lore friendly, too ...

Or, at least some kind of mobile ESD, just like the Azura Personal Comm Code ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    kandorouskandorous Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I go there often and look out the window on the station wondering why I've lost control of my life
  • Options
    drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I used to go there all the time to set up my ships, but they removed the 'ship change' personnel for some unknown reason. I haven't been able to justify going there since - K7 and Ganalda have ALL the same benefits as the Captains Table - AND MORE.

I now just consider it a really disappointing inventory-management option for when ESD/FC chat is getting to me (I'm soft like this). Beyond that, I see no real benefit.

I was STOked (heh) to be able to go there when I first got my life sub, now it's 'just another random map' that I rarely visit.

To be honest, I avoid it now because the removal of the 'ship change' personnel makes me angrier than any video game should - I have this stupid personal rule: 'Games should bring joy, not frustration.'

Perhaps I am too quick to anger, but I fail to see how REMOVING functionality on the Captain's Table map should be considered a viable reward for our support for PWE/Cryptic.
  • Options
    diabolical91diabolical91 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I like going there too but it IS frustrating that I cant change ships there :mad:
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It was supposed to be a social zone for veterans, but players socialize where they want so it's usually empty.

On the plus side if you are a vet that hates certain social party devices, the Captain's table is usually free of those things so you can use the exchange, bank, and email in peace and quiet.

Exactly why I love the Captain's Table and for more!
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Why would you need to go there to change ships?

You can switch ships from anywhere in the game. You just go to your shuttle bridge and change ships at the shipyard boff.

Don't even have to do that. Called hit u, bring up your ship while in space, nice little tab at the bottom of the ship's picture. Shift to any ship while in space without having to do that.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It's a nice place to visit, but Cryptic never really established a reason to go there. Like access to unique NPCs. For example, perhaps one vendor NPC gave you access to some of the Veteran Rewards like the Fireworks, EVA suits, or the Yacht. I could also see some of those story NPCs talking, that offers you a free transwarp to their area of space. Like talking to T'nae warps you to Alpha Centauri, or the Cardassians transporting you to Beta Ursae.

Maybe restore the preview NPCs, giving vauge tidbits of upcoming content? Maybe limited early-access to subscribers to some missions?

I'm sure others could come up with more interesting ideas that could benefit the Captain's Table.
  • Options
    ladyinferno2010ladyinferno2010 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Decisive improvements on perks for lifetime-subscribers

I don't need any more perks, really. Oh, maybe one.

Put the hourly events back the way they were. K thanks.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wishful thinking but some veteran only missions would be nice, even if you only get an accolade. bust something unique (not uber) like the retro phasers would be nice
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    caderenardcaderenard Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Speaking as a fleet leader and a lifetime player, my fleet and myself came up with these ideas.

Captains table should have a Power Tray ability, like Diplomatic Immunity or a Bridge Officer Ability, that Transwarps you there. Only like a 5 min cool-down, not tied to Transwarp cool-down and or have the nebula at more locations. Maybe disable during Tour the Galaxy Mission.

Once there you can go to any starbase local map, or back to where you were like Fleet Base's Return to Sector.

Should have a tailor there you can buy any fleet clothing from, like Oddessy, Spire Researcher, or Miner Outfit, same price as would be normal cost, maybe have a Energy Credit Cost for them instead of Fleet Credits. Also should have stuff only from lobi store or other costumes that would be there for a dilithium and or Energy Credit Cost.

Should be able to sit in chairs, have a club like club 47. Have a commodity vender there that sells all commodities at Embassy Prices. Also should have full Starbase Facilities like Shipyard, ect. Should have mission doors, cups on tables, ect for foundry missions.

Should have mini games like poker, chess, and other games. Also should be able to play any mini game in game as a test/fun.

Should also have a doff mission person like at Academy to refine an extra 1000 dilithium.

The game discriminates against single players who prefer not to be in fleets, some of these would help those players and also, make the map useful.