test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Would make a good Crossover with Star Trek Online

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 532 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Ten Forward
hay Captains I just had a thought what other franchise would make a good Crossover with Star Trek Online I know a lot of you are gonna say "Star Wars" because of the ravaerly even through ILM did most of the Star Trek Movies FX. I think a good Crossover would actually be Doctor Who, here is why I think that. Doctor Who in it self can translate in to an Online game with you as a Doctor exploring different time and space.Two they are more compatible with one and other take the IDW Crossover Comic they took the Cybermen and the Borg two beings so much alike and they use that in the story how the Doctor had to Convince Picard who had been scared from the Borg during Wolf 359. and Third Doctor Who as so much enemies and Allies that can be intruduse in the Star Trek Online universe.
For an Example of an Episode your on a mission to unexplored sector of space where the Borg opened a Rift in to the Doctors Universe your ship got pulled in and you and the Doctor must stop the Borg from spreading the collective in his universe and shut down the vortex before the Dimensional Barrier collapse on it self. (Sequel to IDW Crossover) tell me what you think and what other franchise would make a good crossover as well
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll be taking that ticket to another galaxy the moment the Daleks arrive.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »

daleks are sooo misunderstood they just want to be friends :D btw to any one thinking yes i have watched doctor who yes i am joking
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • enixonbbenixonbb Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Q already uses our hover stance so cross it over with Champions Online, besides both DC and Marvel have had Trek crossovers so there precedence for super heroes and Trek mixing.

Heck, have your crew use the holodeck to play D&D or the PnP Champions RPG and cross all three Cryptic Games into one giant mega MMO :D
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *headslaps OP*

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hello Kitty Online Adventures.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited February 2014
    skollulfr wrote: »
    the sinhindrea.(bab5 thirdspace aliens)

A crossover war between the B5 Minbari and the Klingons would be a thing of beauty.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Invader Zim. I want Gir as a Bridge Officer.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How about a crossover with Robotech?

No.. wait... they did that already with Voyager, only they were teleported very far from Pluto and didn't have to use fighters that transformed into giant robots to combat an armada of ships crewed by 50 foot humanoid aliens...

How about a Crossover with Neverwinter AND Champions Online AND World of ********? :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lonnehart wrote: »
    How about a crossover with Robotech?

No.. wait... they did that already with Voyager, only they were teleported very far from Pluto and didn't have to use fighters that transformed into giant robots to combat an armada of ships crewed by 50 foot humanoid aliens...

How about a Crossover with Neverwinter AND Champions Online AND World of ********? :)

I still chuckle at that word being caught by the filter, especially after all these years when it's fairly quite obvious that that game is past its prime.

To me it's no different than thinking Everquest should be a forbidden word. I think Cryptic/PWE can stop being paranoid about the denizens of Azeroth affecting our opinion on Star Trek Online after 4 years.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Hello Kitty Online Adventures.

you win post of the day good sir hahahahhahahahhaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2014
    StarGate would be a good cross over, seeing everyone flying around in those Asguard ships.:D
  • herbiehdykemanherbiehdykeman Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    *headslaps OP*

DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!

Oh, So you're wanting to cross STO with Ghostbusters :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »

The Daleks have a multi galactic Empire, can you run far enough?
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    The Daleks have a multi galactic Empire, can you run far enough?

You can always hide behind the sofa.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Babylon 5. I see it now.... Shadow Borg and Vorlon Undine... That would be way too much firepower in one game. Ready to spend hundreds on shadow lock boxes.

(A Shadow battle crab armed with one molecular beam that ignores armor and shields.)

Your Shadow death ray deals 7590300 (9299110) molecular damage to tactical cube. It would be canon :P
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    STO and Stargate. Just seems...fun. To have Klingon warriors beating the hell out of Goa'uld.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Oh, So you're wanting to cross STO with Ghostbusters :D

It would rid us of those pesky Devidians! :D
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What would make a good crossover with STO?

Easy. Star Trek.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    daleks are sooo misunderstood they just want to be friends :D btw to any one thinking yes i have watched doctor who yes i am joking
    Silly Rassilon.... Everyone knows Daleks are only slightly less evil than the Borg and Undine... :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    Silly Rassilon.... Everyone knows Daleks are only slightly less evil than the Borg and Undine... :P

Sureee....
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I know! Cross Star Trek Online with My Little Pony!!!

no... wait... that sounds so wrong.... :eek:
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    artan42 wrote: »
    Yes, Davros is their insane creator, but didn't the Dalek Caan help to STOP that particular plan? Last I checked most Daleks don't want to die.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    enixonbb wrote: »
    Q already uses our hover stance so cross it over with Champions Online, besides both DC and Marvel have had Trek crossovers so there precedence for super heroes and Trek mixing.

Heck, have your crew use the holodeck to play D&D or the PnP Champions RPG and cross all three Cryptic Games into one giant mega MMO :D

Make it so, Foxbat!
    <3
  • steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited February 2014
    possibly, though it would need to be post crusade tech level so that heavy barrier shields would be common rather than limited to the whitestars(which are excelsior size btw) and "first ones".
    since the vorlon ran around curtailing and sabotaging tech development to maintain their "order".

earth alliance where about on tech level with enterprise/2150. the minbari, thier main forward beams where kinetic antiproton C beams, but they didnt have a lot of the other tech that they would need to actually fight the kdf

the biggest issue with startrek vs other franchises is it quite rightly never included "fighters" in the galacta/starwars sense.

the "fighters" of the st franchise are things like defiants or b'rels, which are actually closer to being realistically the smallest things you could take into space combat without the craft being disposable drones.

which b'rels and defiants, borderline, are.

not a lot of franchises did that on screen.
    There's also the runabouts and certain shuttles, which could be used as fighters, but likely not in the same class as a dedicated fighter like a starfury.

I'm trying to remember if Minbari ever developed transporter technology. I think the planet computer below B5 had it, and maybe some of the old races. Transporters could make a big difference, be it from beaming assault parties and explosives into a ship, or beaming chunks of the hull off of it.
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Of all the franchises out there, I'd only want to have one cross over with STO, and that's star wars.
    That, or the Elder scrolls.
    I need a beer.

• atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    earth alliance where about on tech level with enterprise/2150. the minbari, thier main forward beams where kinetic antiproton C beams, but they didnt have a lot of the other tech that they would need to actually fight the kdf

According to B5 canon the Minbari ships are armed with heavy neutron beams, neutron cannons, anti-neutron beams, tachyon guns, anti-tachyon guns, neutron missile launchers. LOL you trek guys throw around kinetic and antiproton a lot. Funny cause most trek fans thought the shadows used kinetic beams also....(Those weapons completely ignore armor, and nothing less than Vorlon barriers could block it.)

I'm sure the KDF wont even be able to get a target lock on any Minbari ship. ;)
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    One of the best fan fiction crossovers I ever read was star trek and Babylon 5. It was awesome but unfinished at 30ish chapters.

Its from 2004, called "The best of both Universes" by a author named Janusi

It occurs slightly before the begining of the Earth Alliance civil war and the first attack on Bab5 were Sheridan announces B5 independence until Clark is removed fom power.
    Its a very good read and I found Molari's reactions to Klingons amusing to say the least.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • kestrelliuskestrellius Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    lonnehart wrote: »
    I know! Cross Star Trek Online with My Little Pony!!!

Already canon. See DisQrd.

I've given some thought to an STO/SnK crossover. SPOILERS FOR THE ANIME AND PROBABLY THE MANGA

The Titans would be an experimental testbed for a new weapon (or...something...) by either the Undine or the Elachi-at-the-behest-of-the-Iconians. Or the Solanae under similar circumstances I guess.

The Undine, because they have the visceral flesh-based technology feel down pat, and from what we've seen of their shapeshifting, it seems similar in style to Titan Shifting. Plus flesh regeneration.
    The Elachi, because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for one of the only non-bipedal species in the franchise to make giant humanoid monsters, and the Elachi are known both for experimenting on people and for consuming them for reproduction. Plus the weird proportions.
    I toyed with the idea of the Voth, mainly because of their propensity for enormous machines and their battlemechs, but that's really the only factor in their favor here, so nah.
    Mr. Sasquatch would, of course, be an agent of the alien race, which adds another wrinkle. I can't figure out why either the Undine or the Elachi would take the form of a fifty-foot-tall talking ape. Plus, neither species can communicate in humanoid speech, and talking while Shifted is notoriously difficult even for people who are normally used to speaking in that manner, so I don't even. Quantum did it, I guess.
    The aliens of course use Coordination to control the Titans. Eren has this ability because [plot]. The humans were kidnapped at some point during the 22nd century or so, forced to have children (or already had them), and then the children were placed on a holodeck/terraformed planet with a holographic original adult population so that they would have no knowledge of where they came from. This abduction thing is another point in favor of the Elachi, BTW.

I've rambled on for too long here.

I'm going to ramble on some more though.

Homestuck: you and your crew (or other PCs) play Sburb. Hilarity ensues.