test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The New Ship Skins

ulyssessolo16ulyssessolo16 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
I just popped in to check out the new ship skins they advertised. Lo and behold they aren't there at least for fed, have yet to see if the skins are their for KDF. I was wondering if it was just me or if everyone else has yet to get them?
Post edited by ulyssessolo16 on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Don't think they are out yet... havn't seen them mentioned in patchnotes at least.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What new skins are we talking about the Connie skins people keep mentioning? NO im not talking about a t5 connie im talking about a saucer that looks like a connie for other ships some people have been mentioning it but, I have no idea what ship or where it is.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Keywords :
    the new ship materials coming soon
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What new skins are we talking about the Connie skins people keep mentioning? NO im not talking about a t5 connie im talking about a saucer that looks like a connie for other ships some people have been mentioning it but, I have no idea what ship or where it is.

New Hull materials for ships: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1019631
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • aarek1987aarek1987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014

You should probably be more specific when you use the term "Connie" when talking about that specific saucer model. In STO, "Connie" is usually used for the Constitution class used for the Enterprise from The Original Series and movies. The saucer section on the Heavy Cruiser in STO was from the Constellation class seen in The Next Generation.

Just my two cents.;)
  • whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014

all the pictures arnt showing up for me :(
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    all the pictures arnt showing up for me :(

What browser are you using? There was another thread the other day about images not showing up in Chrome. Try Firefox.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
  • dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just popped in to check out the new ship skins they advertised. Lo and behold they aren't there at least for fed, have yet to see if the skins are their for KDF. I was wondering if it was just me or if everyone else has yet to get them?

As the article notes, we'll have to watch the patch notes. The new materials haven't been released yet.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I figured they worded that Dev Blog a bit too confusingly. The terms made it look like the new skins were already added and available. The only bit that indicated that they aren't live yet is a tiny bit at the end about "watching the patch notes for them".

When I first read the blog, I rushed in game to find to my disappointment that they weren't live yet. I even reclaimed some ships to see if I needed to update the game's unlocks. I then looked back at the blog and spotted that bit at the end about the "keeping your eyes on the patch notes". Oh.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    theoryfive wrote: »
    I figured they worded that Dev Blog a bit too confusingly. The terms made it look like the new skins were already added and available. The only bit that indicated that they aren't live yet is a tiny bit at the end about "watching the patch notes for them".

When I first read the blog, I rushed in game to find to my disappointment that they weren't live yet. I even reclaimed some ships to see if I needed to update the game's unlocks. I then looked back at the blog and spotted that bit at the end about the "keeping your eyes on the patch notes". Oh.

The dev blog doesn't generally contain stuff that is coming out on that day, it contains upcoming stuff and content that is being worked on to watch for.
  • novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    The dev blog doesn't generally contain stuff that is coming out on that day, it contains upcoming stuff and content that is being worked on to watch for.

I do realize that. I'm not the one who you need to tell that to.

However, the wording did leave it a bit confusing.
  • syndonaisyndonai Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, i guess it's one step closer to getting a mirror universe skin for my scimitar.
    PKsymbol.JPG

Peacekeeper High Command
    Scorpius - Zelbinion Mk II
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aarek1987 wrote: »
    You should probably be more specific when you use the term "Connie" when talking about that specific saucer model. In STO, "Connie" is usually used for the Constitution class used for the Enterprise from The Original Series and movies. The saucer section on the Heavy Cruiser in STO was from the Constellation class seen in The Next Generation.

Just my two cents.;)

Yes--in the future, I'd like to recommend that we use the terms "Constitutie" and "Constellany" just to keep it clear.

I can't believe I just did that.
    boldly-watched.png
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What browser are you using? There was another thread the other day about images not showing up in Chrome. Try Firefox.

Browser wouldn't matter. I went to the page and found out that some of the assets coming from cdn.perfectworld.whatever were being 404'd.
    boldly-watched.png