test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

After todays patch all 4 captains now say "Badname"

possumlipspossumlips Member Posts: 107 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After I played STO a couple hours after the patch today, I took a break and logged back on and all my captains now have "Badname" and a number beside it. Is this a bug or did they decide all my captains names needed to be changed after 3 years? I cant play till I rename them. I just payed 300 zen a few weeks ago to change one of them. I guess I lost that zen. Anybody else get "Badname 012345" on one or more characters after they relogging on after the patch?
Post edited by possumlips on

Comments

• dgv142dgv142 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    More than likely it was determined that your names were considered "offensive" for whatever reason.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited February 2014
    possumlips wrote: »
    After I played STO a couple hours after the patch today, I took a break and logged back on and all my captains now have "Badname" and a number beside it. Is this a bug or did they decide all my captains names needed to be changed after 3 years? I cant play till I rename them. I just payed 300 zen a few weeks ago to change one of them. I guess I lost that zen. Anybody else get "Badname 012345" on one or more characters after they relogging on after the patch?

Why don't you write the names here, if the forum blocks the posting or deletes it, then I would suspect your names are considered a violation of the Terms of Service agreement with Cryptic/PWE.

:confused:
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Chances are, someone was offended by the name of your "captain" and reported your account. I've only had to report a user for the way they named their starship, which was offensive to those of us who were impacted by the events of September 11th.

Here's a clue: change the name of your captain to something a bit more appropriate and you won't have the "badname" problem. Just because you named your captain or your ship, doesn't mean that it can't violate Cryptic's ToS. Your names probably violated Cryptic's rules and so they took the matter under advisement and "edited" your captain usernames.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lol, i dont think thats the issue. 99,99% of the times, i just click the random button to rename my boffs, and a few times i noticed the same issue. "BADNAME" instead of the name. And i didnt use any offensive or strange names.

Other issue, my shuttle name is different. Instead BADNAME, the game just changed its name to another one. And i never touched my shuttle's name..

Lately, i think STO do whatever it wants.. lol.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think some of those reports are pretty random. I know a guy who apparently got his ship badnamed despite it having the default name. And there's a guy in doffjobs who got badnamed despite having a completely inoffensive name. It seems to be random lottery: If someone reports you for no reason at all, and it gets randomly selected for examination, no investigation will be conducted, you will just be badnamed without explanation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think some of those reports are pretty random. I know a guy who apparently got his ship badnamed despite it having the default name. And there's a guy in doffjobs who got badnamed despite having a completely inoffensive name. It seems to be random lottery: If someone reports you for no reason at all, and it gets randomly selected for examination, no investigation will be conducted, you will just be badnamed without explanation.

You are assuming this is normal in the game, and the reason is someone reported that name he didnt like, but i tell you, this is 99% probably a bug, like all the others of the game.