Install Arc
Options

Bring Back The Old STF's

13»

Comments

• Options
    virkolvirkol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would love to see the return of the old STFs with maybe extra rewards upon completion. The new STF's i do love. They're an easy quick grind, but on occasion, I do wish i had the old fashioned.. Really long and combined STF's like in the old days. They were fun.
  • Options
    nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Didn't they say in a podcast that Borg missions are going to be revamped to more align with the overall story as it is now? Those old stfs wouldn't line up anymore then TRIBBLE up ones we have now do. I also think people are remembering them as being more difficult then they would be now. Many areas of the stfs we have are still the same. If people are melting through in 5-10 mins it would just maybe 15-20. Power creep has been insane since those changes.
  • Options
    dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just turn the old STFs back on. The missions are still there. Don't worry about making them queueable, we'll find our own teams. Could make the rewards in terms of dil and omega marks slightly better than the current "Elite" STFs... but honestly I don't even care about that, just want the missions back to play with friends.
  • Options
    carasucia83carasucia83 Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dsaris wrote: »
    Just turn the old STFs back on. The missions are still there. Don't worry about making them queueable, we'll find our own teams. Could make the rewards in terms of dil and omega marks slightly better than the current "Elite" STFs... but honestly I don't even care about that, just want the missions back to play with friends.

This, oh so very much this. The Elite difficulty setting isn't difficult enough to make the combat side of foundry missions or episode replays fun enough and they just don't feel 'epic' enough like terradome and the others used to.

It's kinda bad when STFs are about how quick, not 'if' you can do them....
    "So my fun is wrong?"

No. Your fun makes everyone else's fun wrong by default.
  • Options
    maoguinmaoguin Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This, oh so very much this. The Elite difficulty setting isn't difficult enough to make the combat side of foundry missions or episode replays fun enough and they just don't feel 'epic' enough like terradome and the others used to.

It's kinda bad when STFs are about how quick, not 'if' you can do them....

rofl, laughed about this yesterday when a fleetie was complaining that the random que ISE took 8 whole minutes!!
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The good ol' days of talking to those Federation Supply Crates... :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    crimpson7crimpson7 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Omega marks have become the most common thing in the game. All lvl 50 players have to less than 1 thousand marks. So how about instead of only omega marks, STFs would give you a Mark package-Multiple choice containing either romulan, nukara, dyson or omega marks??
    The Wildcards Fleet =/\=
    Admiral T'Vanto of the I.R.W. Dreaded Balerion (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird) "Burn them All!"
    Admiral Atraxis of the U.S.S. Daskalogiannis (Avenger class Cruiser) "I am Iron Cat!"
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dsaris wrote: »

The Foundry is your friend.:D
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Bad Idea? How so? Not like anyone is asking to replace the current STFs, just people wanting the old ones back and have a classic raid-esque experience with a team of their friends.

So people have an option. Go with the queues, or group up and go spend a few hours in the old ones. And if they do bring them back, perhaps some nice rare chance at some unique drops would pique interest in people doing them once in a while.

I agree bring them back as an option let players have the choice old version or new myself I miss the old stf's yes they were a headache but man I really enjoyed spending a few hours with my fleet trying to get through one every saterdaynight.
  • Options
    gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I support this Idea 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    nanomorph wrote: »
    Go play Terradome (if it still exists in-game) to get an idea of why this is a supremely Bad Idea.

Wimp.
    daqhegh wrote: »
    For the love of God no.

First, you had to know what you were doing before you went in. And even then it was at least 2 hours (if not more) for each.

*snip*

SO...I can't say I agree with you. As it is, I despise the forced teaming dynamic as it is. I think true end game content should be playable by solo players and have the option of teaming (like the rest of the game).

The whole point of most end-game content is to support teams. Which I agree is silly. But at the same time, there should be content that requires more than just one guy Kirking it out.

And Horrordome was especially epically awesome. Infested Space and Zombie ground was a great combo. Khitomer massacre ground and Khitomer slaughterhouse space was wonderful. Fear ground and Zerg space was great too! (if you can't figure out which one is which, that shows you never played the old STFs lol).

They were fun. They actually took skill. They were actually a good usage of time. Current ESTFs are so pitifully easy, they don't even deserve the "elite" tag that they are given. I agree with other posters, bring them back, but don't make them required. Let the ELITE players who roflstomp ISE in 4 minutes keep their joke of an STF. But let us players who actually can appreciate the high level of difficulty get our old missions back.

You know... the ones that actually were a challenge? Yeah. Those.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)