test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star trek Collectors edition

apple1988apple1988 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Recently my fleet have told me that this is out there.

They said they give extra items. I wonder what extra (bonus) does this give?
Can anyone tell me ? who has this?

Description

The Collector's Edition includes:
Star Trek Online
High-quality aluminum-box with hologram-cover
Three 10-day-guest-passes
Wearable Metal Communicator Badge
Ingame-ship-item "Red Matter Capacitor" (+25 All Current Power Levels, +25 All Power Settings for 6secs, 8min cooldown)
Hardcover-art-book which also includes the manual and the game disc
Access to uniforms from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine or Star Trek: The Next Generation

But I also hear extra ship/inventory access to shared bank. etc.

Can some one confirm what you get ? ^^
^^

thanks ! i might be buying this
Post edited by apple1988 on

Comments

• Options
    badvaiobadvaio Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yes you get all that. I did.
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you haven't already applied a retail code to your STO account you'll get a month's worth of 'Gold' membership which will give all your lvl 50 characters full bank and inventory space (which you keep after the month runs out) plus the account bank (I think - not sure if F2P players get this anyway) and also 1 month's Zen stipend of 500 Zen.

Additionally, if you're still levelling up your characters, they'll earn free respecs at certain intervals - these aren't applied retroactively though so your lvl 50's won't get them.

The guest passes don't work any more but the Red Matter Capacitor is a great ship device and well worth the cost of the Collector's Edition on its own. The costume unlocks are nice to have too (although I'm not sure if those have already been added as freebies).
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    apple1988 wrote: »
    Ingame-ship-item "Red Matter Capacitor" (+25 All Current Power Levels, +25 All Power Settings for 6secs, 8min cooldown)

This is a little out of date. It lasts for 15 seconds and has the same cool down as any other battery. If you are spec'ed into batteries then it lasts for 30 seconds.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The most useful item is the Red Matter Capacitor as it is a 'Device'.

The most disappointing part was ..
    ..."High-quality aluminum-box with hologram-cover"

It is cardboard with silver paper wrapping :(
  • Options
    flatmattflatmatt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you're really lucky you might end up with the Amazon Collector's Edition that comes with all that and the Liberated Borg BOff (iirc). But you should assume you won't be so lucky.

I got the (standard) Collector's Edition a few months ago, and I can't imagine life without the Red Matter Capacitor any more.

Dn'Dok, son of Ladok - Klingon/Romulan Engineer ~~ Mosa M'ren-faa - Ferasan Tactical
    Krushan Twinn - Orion Science
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unless you are a hardcore fan (I purchased several copies - one from each of the vendors for the "specials" at launch) it really is not worth it now. You are better off putting your money into the game shop to be frank. With that said, the Red Matter device is still usable at endgame unlike all the other bonus stuff and it is pretty much a must for that extra edge in PvP if you are playing a Tac.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Thank you all for the replies,

well the reason i want to get the collectors edition is cause it gives ALL my character free inventory slots. max out. which in turn save me tons of money, other wise i have to unlock them 1 by one. which is waste of money in my eyes. Unless i get Life time membership. but that cost even more (299 now)

For 1 character to unlock it all it will cost me ( 6200 Zen) that roughly 52-55 Euro. that is pretty much expensive. If i could get an collectors edition for 14$ roughly 10.60 euro i would save tons and use what i have left for ships?

Isn't that worth getting for. best thing is it applies to ALL character right? in the long run it will save more. + i get 500 zen on top of that. ^^

Btw i just did more research and wonder if Star Trek Online - Deluxe Edition Cd Key is still working? and what extra do you get from that package?

?Original Star Trek Uniform Set: Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).
    ?Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote: An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry... "KHAAAN!"
    ?Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote: Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture - the blood wine toast.
    ?Unique Registry Prefix: Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.4
    ?Unique Ship Item: Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.
    ?Open Beta Access: This is only available when you preorder. Open Beta starts on January 12th 2010
    ?Early Star Program: This is only available when you pre-order

What other goodies is included on this pack ? ^^ if anyone knows please share :)

thanks !

And can you register multiple CD keys to your account ?
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What free slots? I still have the option to buy them so I'm no where near maxed out. With that said maybe Cryptic changed something since launch for CE buyers that I dont know about to be frank.

Also in the long-run, it is far better to bite the bullet now and get a LtS if you see yourself playing this game longer than two years.

Regarding the keys, as I said I purchased several copies and added every key without issue.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    corgatagcorgatag Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Becoming a Gold, even if only for a month, and even with a collectors edition, unlocks additional bank, inventory, and account bank slots for any characters that you log into while Gold. These slots will stay with those characters even if you go back to Silver.

Note that these slots are independent from the ones you can buy with Zen. Example:
    Silver players start with 48 slots, and can use Zen to get up to 84.
    Gold players start with 72 slots, then they can can use Zen to upgrade to 108.
    If a Silver player buys the slots and then goes Gold, he'll end up with 108.

(Note: my numbers may be off, but hopefully you get the idea)
  • Options
    crownvic2doorcrownvic2door Member Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    108 bank slots would sure be useful for my main, Inventory is what sees the most action though.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    Unless you are a hardcore fan (I purchased several copies - one from each of the vendors for the "specials" at launch) it really is not worth it now. You are better off putting your money into the game shop to be frank. With that said, the Red Matter device is still usable at endgame unlike all the other bonus stuff and it is pretty much a must for that extra edge in PvP if you are playing a Tac.
    corgatag wrote: »
    Becoming a Gold, even if only for a month, and even with a collectors edition, unlocks additional bank, inventory, and account bank slots for any characters that you log into while Gold. These slots will stay with those characters even if you go back to Silver.

Note that these slots are independent from the ones you can buy with Zen. Example:
    Silver players start with 48 slots, and can use Zen to get up to 84.
    Gold players start with 72 slots, then they can can use Zen to upgrade to 108.
    If a Silver player buys the slots and then goes Gold, he'll end up with 108.

(Note: my numbers may be off, but hopefully you get the idea)

ohh thanks thats the information i need. ^^

thats good to know and yes im waitng for the LFS to be on a discount then i will pick it up i will see my self playing this game. more often.
  • Options
    hyde3915hyde3915 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I purchased the CE and for some reason while i have access to the other aspects of the CE rewards, years later I still have yet to receive my 500 zen and only one of my characters retained the extra inventory and bank slots. I have had a ticket in about both issues(for almost a month now) and have only gotten the runaround. In fact i still have yet to receive anything but an automated response about the monthly stipend error in response to my missing CE zen, something that has absolutely nothing to do with my issue, and been told to submit a bug report about the missing inventory slots. This treatment is about to drive me away from playing a game that I enjoy.
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You only get the extra bank slots if you remain gold or purchase them.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I got the CE. Best $9 I ever spent :) The red matter item isn't just some one time item that gives you a little buff in the beginning of the game, it's one of the best ship devices you can get your hands on. It has unlimited charges and deals in stats that are always relevant, ensuring it's use from level 1 to the level cap and beyond for your main and alts and every character you will ever make. I think what I like most is the unlimited uses. Nearly every other ship device is a consumable you have to replace after expending all it's charges, which falls under "FF Elixir Syndrome" for me because they often feel so precious, I never want to use them. :( I feel no such pain when activating the red matter. :) I got mine off Amazon, but I never got any borg officer code. Maybe that was only a preorder bonus, which is fine with me if it meant paying $60 instead of 9.
  • Options
    o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There where supposed to be extras for Lord too but as I only have one account (collector's + LT) I couldn't say without making a free account and comparing it all, not worth the time and effort. Will say when STO went f2p the price of the collector's boxes dropped to around $8 a piece on eBay and I bought up several of them just for the combadge in them and gave away the codes in ESD. (had no use for them I just wanted the badges) ^_^ looking back it was kinda silly for me to do that but hey, I have no regrets. One day I will know many local trekkies and will have enough badges for a small fleet (of about 40 people, more if others have one already ^_^')
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    sunsunkunsunsunkun Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    I got the CE. Best $9 I ever spent :)

Where did you get it?
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have been wanting to get the Red Matter Capacitor for a while now. but was not sure which CE it came in.

does it come in all of them or one specific one? If just in one which one?
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A suggestion for Cryptic:

Make the Red Matter Capacitor available to ALL current/new Lifetime subscribers. Limited time offer, if necessary.

You may get more people signing up for the Lifetime subscriptions as a result!
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    A suggestion for Cryptic:

Make the Red Matter Capacitor available to ALL current/new Lifetime subscribers. Limited time offer, if necessary.

You may get more people signing up for the Lifetime subscriptions as a result!

Or they could simply go the way they have gone with every other special edition item.

Either obsoleting it by introducing a new, widely accessible item that does the same thing as the original one, just better and on a shorter cooldown (see: ADT vs. Point-Defense) or simply introduce it to the c-store for small change (TOS Ent, Borg Boff, NX-prefix etc...).
  • Options
    evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    everything you listed with the exception of your red matter stats. it also repairs disabled subsystems. RCE is nice. though the codes are sorta useless atm but if they worked you an your buddy would get photonic tribble if he subbed

sonnikku is also absolutely right. Red matter is awesome and saves you so much money on batteries
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • Options
    sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The red matter capacitor does NOT bring offline systems back online. The tool tip lies plain as day. It's still a kick TRIBBLE item, but if the tholians knock your weapons offline you'll have to use a consumable weapons battery (or engineering team, etc) instead. The capacitor is either bugged or cryptic hasn't gotten around to fixing the tool tip.
  • Options
    hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I love my Red Matter Capacitor. It is standard equipment on every ship I fly, right next to the Subspace Field Modulator.

And because I'm a total nerd, I put the pin on a light winter jacket that I actually wear in public without a hint of irony. :cool:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • Options
    rodentmasterrodentmaster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hanover2 wrote: »
    I love my Red Matter Capacitor. It is standard equipment on every ship I fly, right next to the Subspace Field Modulator.

This. Although, don't use SFM against voth. It reduces protonic resistance -400. Up until now it hasn't been a major weapon type (just devidians, I think), but now the voth spam it like crazy. You'll find your hull melt like butter if you use that in the middle of voth return fire.
  • Options
    jetwing90jetwing90 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Does anyone know where I can purchase this?
  • Options
    temporalhavoctemporalhavoc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Got my copy of the collector's edition for $9 USD on Amazon. I'm glad I did so, if the posts in this thread are correct about the current range of prices it is going for.
    Nick - Human Tactical Officer - FED [INACTIVE]
    Tenix - Romulan Science Officer - KDF Ally [INACTIVE]
    M'ossa - Ferasan Science Officer - KDF [MAIN]

Formerly known on the forums as Remissus
  • Options
    deightonxdeightonx Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My Question is....as the Star Trek Online: Collectors Edition is completely impossible to get & they dont make them no more, why not add something like that within the LTS membership then just lil pets/clothing/fireworks. Maybe a newer version of it, and possibly maybe other things like that down the road. Something like that would be for sure bring in more people wanting LTS. And whats that do, bring in more players ole and new, & of course it brings in $$$$. :D This would be one real nice item thats useful within the game more added to the LTS then only some lil show & tell item. As i know ill prolly get alot of kicks for even bringing it up, but i cant see this to be some huge terrible thing for it to happen or a issue...but only a good thing. ;)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    collectors editions are not impossible to find, just impossible to buy with an unused collectors code for the red matter capacitor.

its just one of those things like the refer a friend that just got swept under the carpet after a while and forgotten.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So not only does the OP want "Moar stuffz for LTS!!!1!!!," he also wants better versions of things others already got:
    deightonx wrote: »
    My Question is....as the Star Trek Online: Collectors Edition is completely impossible to get & they dont make them no more, why not add something like that within the LTS membership then just lil pets/clothing/fireworks. Maybe a newer version of it, and possibly maybe other things like that down the road.

Let's go with "No."
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I got my RMC in the GOLD EDITION of STO, along with the DS9 uniform code.
    Loads of these on eBay (UK) and Amazon (UK) and I've never spent more than ?10 on them.
    Heck, I got a Walmart edition for ?10 all in and it was shipped from Canada!
    Seek and ye shall find :D
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The collector's edition is not available via Amazon in the UK either... I already have the RMC but would rather Cryptic put it into the LTS as a way to entice more $200+ subbers. It's only going to make the game stronger. I would rather Cryptic get the money than some overpriced vendor online getting $85 for it (Amazon US).

I think if someone is going to fork over $200-300 for an LTS then I don't have a problem with them throwing in an RMC. It doesn't negate the value of the collector's edition as it was only $80 to start with at the games release. I don't want to see it in the c-store or lobi store for purchase. I think real cold hard cash only for it and then no more QQ about it not being available anymore.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010