test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry mission now has 92 Errors in it and is un-publishable.

13»

Comments

• Options
    altexistaltexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    while I am glad the bug was fixed. However, for some reason my mission now does not qualify for the foundry reward.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/351wi20.jpg

Why is that? How do I get it to qualify again ?

I fear with the search function the way it is and now a loss of player rewards for it, the mission wont see more plays even though it has been fixed.

Alas, poor Foundry, how I loved you so. So disheartening to see just such a wonderful feature become only a shadow of it's potential.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    altexist wrote: »
    while I am glad the bug was fixed. However, for some reason my mission now does not qualify for the foundry reward.

I fear with the search function the way it is and now a loss of player rewards for it, the mission wont see more plays even though it has been fixed.

Alas, poor Foundry, how I loved you so. So disheartening to see just such a wonderful feature become only a shadow of it's potential.

Hmm... I'm not sure why it wouldn't count, with over 700 reviews. Theoretically, if it has about 10-20 playthroughs and the average playtime is around 20 minutes, then it should count for rewards.

Maybe somehow the timer was reset, so you might have to gather 10 or so folks to play it knowing they'll get no rewards.

Don't get your hopes too high. Even if you can get it to qualify, players probably won't see the mission unless they know to do a custom search for "altexist."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Use the custom search function to get a ballpark figure on how long STO thinks your mission takes.

I had this issue before when for some reason my mission was listed as <20 minutes and no matter how many people played it stayed there. To "fix" it I had to make a copy of it and publish it again.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014

I looked your mission up and it seems that it just hasn't been played since the change to how average mission time is calculated. Try playing through it yourself, or get a friend to play through it and that should get the mission play time updated and that, hopefully, will get the mission qualified for rewards again. I'm using "should" and "hopefully" here because I'm not 100% certain on this and don't want to misstate myself, but from what I can see, that looks like the issue.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I looked your mission up and it seems that it just hasn't been played since the change to how average mission time is calculated. Try playing through it yourself, or get a friend to play through it and that should get the mission play time updated and that, hopefully, will get the mission qualified for rewards again. I'm using "should" and "hopefully" here because I'm not 100% certain on this and don't want to misstate myself, but from what I can see, that looks like the issue.

Thanks for investigating, Frost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2014

thanks for the reply.

will try that out tonight.
  • Options
    thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thanks for the reply.

will try that out tonight.

I'll give it a play through by morning for you too Alt, now that we are fixed, it definitely needs to be back in full working order.

Also getting a fleetmate to give it a run through to help.

EDIT: First map error (Xleen V) beams you down inside a rock formation. Myself and fleet mate both experienced it, need to move spawn point/beam down locale so we can retake mission.

DoR
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I'll give it a play through by morning for you too Alt, now that we are fixed, it definitely needs to be back in full working order.

Also getting a fleetmate to give it a run through to help.

EDIT: First map error (Xleen V) beams you down inside a rock formation. Myself and fleet mate both experienced it, need to move spawn point/beam down locale so we can retake mission.

DoR

thanks Duke. Fixed it. I did a play through. Should be all working now. but still not qualifying.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sevak.... doesn't look dead....

needs cave... Maybe add a few rock props to the hillside to make it look less like a solid rock wall?

Hmm... Xleen V has like 19 moons.... weird...

Anyways... it's a short mission.... REALLY short. It's possible that it really does have an average play time of less than 20 minutes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thedukeofrockthedukeofrock Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    thanks Duke. Fixed it. I did a play through. Should be all working now. but still not qualifying.

It did qualified for the rewards when I replayed it, so it looks to back now to normal
    operating procedure.
    By the way, a great mission, very enjoyable. :)

Duke-of-Rock
    ABI-Artificial Borg Intelligence by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also play Spawn of Medusa - The 5 Part series
    by Duke-of-Rock Available on Holodeck
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Glad to hear things are looking good so far.

I did what I could, but the person you really need to thank is BranFlakes. He brought the problem to Mr. D'Angelo's attention, who was pretty much the one who initially designed and built the Foundry, in addition to being Cryptic's Chief Technical Officer and STO's EP. As I understand it, it took himself with some help from Neverwinter's main Foundry programmer (probably the two people most knowledgeable with the inner workings of Foundry in the whole company) to find and fix the issue.

That's my understanding of things.

The next time you see BranFlakes at a Con, buy him a drink.

I guess the lesson we learned from that is, it pays to consult an expert. Nice job getting it fixed, fellas.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    @Altexist

Just played it too. A really enjoyable mission!

A word too much i found at the end dialogs:
    The system is secure.

Sir, there is an incoming coming transmission from Starfleet Command.

Would be a nice touch if the steam disappears when we shut all things down. Loved the atmosphere though during the mission, and your extra work for the audio files.

Glad your mission is ok again, and thx for making it. :)
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My mission still has 1594 errors, mostly due to the map cropping problem.

Briar Patch Research Interior map.
    ID: ST-HQ6XCVPTE
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The Ice Caves map now works for my "Ghosts of War, Part VI" mission as well. I have just remastered and published that mission - originally I was going to redesign it without that map, but with the fix I was able to leave it in. Thanks and kudos to the devs!
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Under investigation.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have the same issue with a few of my missions and just decided to let them die. Please give us two things:

1 - The ability to swap maps, especially for those that are custom.
    2 - A blank map(s) where we can place our custom maps.
  • Options
    edited February 2014

What this looks to be is you built a structure in the black space of an interior map and that black space has been trimmed away from the map. This practice, while not uncommon among Foundry authors, is IMHO in the category of things one can do in the editor but probably shouldn't, for just this reason.

I have requested an empty interior map be made available, but I have no idea if/when such might appear.

I'm sorry to say that it looks like you're going to have to rebuild your map. I suggest doing so using an Outdoor map rather than the black space of an Indoor map.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Can you give us the ability to swap to this blank map from an existing then? That way all authors that have done this can just swap the background, select all and move to zero.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited February 2014
    If you group select everything, it should copy and paste onto another map without too much trouble.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    What this looks to be is you built a structure in the black space of an interior map and that black space has been trimmed away from the map. This practice, while not uncommon among Foundry authors, is IMHO in the category of things one can do in the editor but probably shouldn't, for just this reason.

I have requested an empty interior map be made available, but I have no idea if/when such might appear.

I'm sorry to say that it looks like you're going to have to rebuild your map. I suggest doing so using an Outdoor map rather than the black space of an Indoor map.

"but probably shouldn't". I apologize, but I didn't know one of your Foundry engineers would decide to take a perfectly working map and trim down the size, full well knowing people use that map (and others). For no good reason.

Using Outdoor maps cause additional havoc, which is why I chose the indoor map. Indoor maps do not allow the player to see a ground far beneath them, whereas Outdoor maps do.

drogyn1701 wrote: »
    If you group select everything, it should copy and paste onto another map without too much trouble.

I tried that, but the amount of objects dependent on story triggers, rally point triggers, etc etc etc make this impractical.
    Can you give us the ability to swap to this blank map from an existing then? That way all authors that have done this can just swap the background, select all and move to zero.
    Good idea.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

"but probably shouldn't". I apologize, but I didn't know one of your Foundry engineers would decide to take a perfectly working map and trim down the size, full well knowing people use that map (and others). For no good reason.

Actually it was an artist, who likely had no idea the map was being used in such a manner, trimming down a bunch of maps that were larger than they needed to be so as to try and help improve game loading times on lower end machines.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Actually it was an artist, who likely had no idea the map was being used in such a manner, trimming down a bunch of maps that were larger than they needed to be so as to try and help improve game loading times on lower end machines.

I see. Well, I'll keep an eye out for the requested empty interior map. Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited March 2014

People do that, because after all these years of asking for it, there is still no plain and simple empty ground map available in the Foundry.
This discussion has been closed.