test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 6, 2014) [Complete]

pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Thursday, February 6th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for our weekly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2.5 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    concerning ship swap...why cant we swap ships outside esd or the klingon homeworld??
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The romulan portal isnt even visual on high settings. ..

got my GPU maxed out for sto and nothing can be seen or heard
    JtaDmwW.png
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Its your computer, because I can see just fine and there have been complaints about the portal and a mini-q pretty much right next to each other.
    edited February 2014
    I tried it on brothers too and his is same so cant be a two systems with different GPUs
    JtaDmwW.png
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any word on the camera shake that only takes place during the sun battle (not there during the dyson battles later)...?

edit: Though, it's definitely cool that the PWO issue was resolved.
  • xarles2013xarles2013 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Just curious, anyone looking into the tailor bug for the Romulan Republic uniforms and the Federation Aligned uniforms? Seems to be a glitch that tries to make you buy Troi's uniform to do any changes. I really don't want to be forced to spend 550 zen to use the basic Romulan uniforms.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Patch notes look good, I like. Excited for the Dil weekend!
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    How much longer will we be seeing this?
    KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    What about enabling the ship switching on Risa and Vulcan?

D'kyr for Romulans!
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots

Blarghlegargh if this is not fixed i'll never play again garblegarble!

Ok, I just had to get that out there before someone else does. Also, nice pic pwecaptainsmirk. Are we ever gonna see some content from the animated series? For April Fool's maybe?
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Resolved an issue where progress bars on mission tracker was too small vertically.

An example of this is the control bar in the Dyson Battlezone which looked incorrect.

Ah nice. Even though it's a small fix, it makes the UI there much nicer to look at now. Thanks for that.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • captainhundleycaptainhundley Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Since we got some bridge packs last week, are there any plans to fix the generic bridge officer bug? The bridges used to be populated by our bridge officers, now they just have Science Officer, Engineering Officer, etc.
  • jeremiahhayesjeremiahhayes Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xarles2013 wrote: »
    Just curious, anyone looking into the tailor bug for the Romulan Republic uniforms and the Federation Aligned uniforms? Seems to be a glitch that tries to make you buy Troi's uniform to do any changes. I really don't want to be forced to spend 550 zen to use the basic Romulan uniforms.

Hmmm...how did you go about getting the glitch? My Fed Allied Romulan females would love that jumpsuit...
    There is about as much water on Earth now as there was three billion years ago. But while the amount of water has remained static, the amount of tequila and Triple Sec available for the making of Margaritas has expanded enormously. So you see, we have made progress after all. ~Anonymous
  • xarles2013xarles2013 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You don't actually get to use it, the tailor just forces you to spend 550 zen to buy it so you can make any changes to your RR uniform or Fed aligned uniform.
  • patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hmm its a very short list of "Known Issues", isn't it?
    I only have to start the game and do some very generic things (tailor and costumes per se, ship tailor, creating a team, just to call three)
    and my list is alot longer. some problems are there for years and well known

Really devs, you should provide some sort of roadmap so we can clearly see what bugs are already known and whats the status of them so we don't have to report the same stuff over and over again. It is already some kind of minigame, just like the "Personal Tray Lottery" ;)

Anyway, thx for Torp DOFF fix
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,184 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    xarles2013 wrote: »
    You don't actually get to use it, the tailor just forces you to spend 550 zen to buy it so you can make any changes to your RR uniform or Fed aligned uniform.

There is a workaround. Select an item you don't want, then untick the lower left hand box, then reselect the item you do want.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://imageshack.com/a/img35/7632/77g1.jpg

^ has this been fixed yet ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
    edited February 2014
    Wat fixed?
    JtaDmwW.png
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Lookie there, a new console comes out then gets nerfed because of crying pvpers. Never thought that would happen. I totally thought they would adapt this time.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    jam3s1701 wrote: »
    Wat fixed?

the bug with the nachelles
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Did I miss something about fixing the Borg cubes spawning in Cardassian mobs disguised as a heavy Weapons Platform?
    <3
  • shaokarshaokar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    patientnr0 wrote: »
    hmm its a very short list of "Known Issues", isn't it?
    I only have to start the game and do some very generic things (tailor and costumes per se, ship tailor, creating a team, just to call three)
    and my list is alot longer. some problems are there for years and well known

Really devs, you should provide some sort of roadmap so we can clearly see what bugs are already known and whats the status of them so we don't have to report the same stuff over and over again. It is already some kind of minigame, just like the "Personal Tray Lottery" ;)

Anyway, thx for Torp DOFF fix

^ This, so much of this

I wont even get started on listing all the bugs, i'd be here tomorrow.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    So, the "trapped" episode is still non fixed??? after years and years ago??? incredible.

Some bug fixes are really welcome, but come on!!! are you guys being funny of us?? im not going to bother replaying the episode, but this is just a question of honor, for god sake xd. If u cant fix the trapped episode (or u dont want to... ) , DELETE IT from the episodes list!!!!!.

Anyways, again, only about 5% of the whole list of important bugs that are fixed... good job cryptic. :(, but i guess they will say.. this is not a big patch, this is just the weeky patch....
  • shaokarshaokar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Anyways, again, only about 5% of the whole list of important bugs that are fixed... good job cryptic. :(, but i guess they will say.. this is not a big patch, this is just the weeky patch....

As if the big patches ever helped xD
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Resolved an issue that was preventing Projectile Officers from properly reducing torpedo cooldowns.

THANK YOU, devs for fixing this right away after it was discovered following the last update.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. Torpedo boats once again work and aren't completely useless in the game. :)

I wish happiness and long life to whichever member of the dev team fixed the projectile weapons officers.

As for the dev/devs who broke the PWOs ... I'll find you eventually. ;)
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zathri83 wrote: »
    Lookie there, a new console comes out then gets nerfed because of crying pvpers. Never thought that would happen. I totally thought they would adapt this time.

Same thing here ... no sarcasm intended.

I love PVP and I thought the new console was cool and didn't need a nerf ... even though I don't use one and I've been on the "receiving end" of the deception console several times.

New stuff keeps PVP interesting and abilities that #$%@ with our existing builds make us THINK and develop new builds and tactics.

Also, the destabilizing tetryon weapons already SUCK. Why do we need to give players the ability to make the destabilizing tetryon effect suck even worse? If anything, the destabilizing tetryon weapons need a BUFF so that they do more damage in the game.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    KDF captains cannot switch to all costume slots.

There is an easy way around this issue but it doesn't look pretty. Just make two new slots with the 'create' button. And then transfer your characters' look from the frozen slots to them. Now you will have 5 slots: 3 that work normally, plus the 2 ones that are still frozen.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Our weekly scheduled #STO maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2.5 hours and will post again once it is complete.

Thanks!
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Really sad :(
    I thought - here at least one MMO where they "rebalance" through adding new, better stuf and not though nerfing existing ships and equipment.
    And now:
    - console - nerfed
    - calls for suport (Nimbus pirate and fleet suport) - nerfed

In my opinion:
    Nerfing existing instead of adding better new stuff is sign of poor imagination of creators.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I can understand about the Nimbus nerf, otherwise the big ship just kills your humble shuttle.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
This discussion has been closed.