test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NX-01 Retrofit + Bridge Pack? Please!

minkymikeftwminkymikeftw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Any chance we can get the NX-01 Retrofit + a bridge that fits the NX-01. Would love to see that added into the game.

NX-01 Retrofit = http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100722194044/startrek/images/1/16/NX-01_refit_quarter.jpg
NX-01 Retrofit = http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/dgclaws/NX01refit.jpg

Even more so a episode that takes you back in time to help them cause why not. That could reward the retrofit or something along those lines.
Post edited by minkymikeftw on

Comments

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any chance we can get the NX-01 Retrofit + a bridge that fits the NX-01. Would love to see that added into the game.

NX-01 Retrofit = http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100722194044/startrek/images/1/16/NX-01_refit_quarter.jpg
    NX-01 Retrofit = http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w214/dgclaws/NX01refit.jpg

Even more so a episode that takes you back in time to help them cause why not. That could reward the retrofit or something along those lines.

There's little chance of this happening, seeing as it's not really part of canon. If they won't do a Tier V/Fleet Connie, there's no way they'd do an NX-01, especially how old the ship is.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Not least as that's just a connie with an NX saucer boldted on to it..
  • kyuzos7kyuzos7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the refit was only gonna happen if the went into 5th season which it didn't. (must of been a crappy show)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trypwyrtrypwyr Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whatever one feels about the show, the NX-01 is a ship appreciated visually by many. The refit version done by Doug Drexler is a great evolution of the original ship, showing the design progression to the Constitution class ship and beyond.

As for it not being canon, how many ships in the game are canon?? Speaking of, Polar Lights just release a licensed 1/1000 scale model of this ship. That's about as official as it can get outside of actual on-screen canon...
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    It showed up in Legacy as well, didn't it?

That said, it's a really 'old' design and I just don't see a place for it outside of a novelty/lowbie ship.
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    There's little chance of this happening, seeing as it's not really part of canon. If they won't do a Tier V/Fleet Connie, there's no way they'd do an NX-01, especially how old the ship is.

The only leg to stand on that I could see is while the Constitution is a 23rd century ship, the NX in STO is technically a 25th century ship just with 22nd century looks. It's a replica with modern technology.
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If they do release this, it would probably be in conjunction with some Enterprise content such as the Xindi being added and I don't see that happening anytime this year. That said, the NX-01 is one of my favorite ships and I would love to see this version and it's Bridge in game.
    y1arXbh.png

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    Not least as that's just a connie with an NX saucer boldted on to it..

looking at that side shot, it's more an NX with a Connie-esque secondary hull slung onto the bottom, notice how it still has the struts off the back of the saucer going to "mid-pylon"...

However, I can see that being the "key" to making a T5 NX to go with a T5 Connie - that semi-canon design would "need" shields that all T5 ships have instead of the "polarized hull" trick that the T1 NX uses...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • vilecalamitousvilecalamitous Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    szerontzur wrote: »
    It showed up in Legacy as well, didn't it?

No but it could have been added via mods.
  • andihraveyandihravey Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i find it laughable that people say ST Ent was not cannon? it was but the problem was the producers tried some thing new that simply did not work. I for one would LOVE an enterprise refit/ retro fit. and would love a bridge pack. I would also love the bridge from the Motion Picture. but hey, im sure they will get round to it at some point
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2014
    andihravey wrote: »
    i find it laughable that people say ST Ent was not cannon?

It wasn't.

It was however canon.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • whitewinged7whitewinged7 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I personally Loved ST Enterprise. I would also challenge all claims that its not cannon. You can reference almost every show they will refer to Archer and The NX 01 how is this not cannon?

On topic I would also greatly appreciate a refit and this bridge :)
  • zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    i find it laughable that people say ST Ent was not cannon? it was but the problem was the producers tried some thing new that simply did not work. I for one would LOVE an enterprise refit/ retro fit. and would love a bridge pack. I would also love the bridge from the Motion Picture. but hey, im sure they will get round to it at some point

People are not saying that ENT is not canon, but that the season 5 retrofit of the NX class is not canon which is correct as there was no 5th season thus no refit.

Its no surprise it got cancelled really though as the early seasons of ENT were its undoing.
  • wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited February 2014
    The show suffered through many different things. One being way too much trek on TV at the time. They bent canon a little bit, mainly the klingons, the Borg. The opening song was not trek I thought it made seem like Dawson's Creek in space. The writing was coming around but it was too late. If it would have made it to and through Season 5 it woul dhave been more appreciated.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Hi,

I agree with you. I've only seen a handful of episodes of 'Star Trek: Enterprise' and I've always believed it to be canon. I'd love to see a bridge pack for this as well.

Even more welcomed (as you mentioned) would be bridge packs for the Star Trek movies ... the refit USS Enterprise (Motion Picture, The Wrath Of Khan) as well as the Excelsior, Reliant, Grissom, the Enterprise NCC-1701-A, B, and the Enterprise E of the Next Gen movies.

I think it may also be about legalities about certain things we'd like to see in Star Trek Online... perhaps it's negotiating with Paramount / CBS that a very busy Cryptic / Perfect World staff would have to do first.

Here's hoping! :)
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd rather interiors that are 24th century/modern era. Wasting the resources to make a 200 plus year old interior is foolish when they could at least do an Intrepid/Galaxy or Sovereign one (any of these would get far more use).

An NX interior would get little customers.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    zipagat wrote: »
    Its no surprise it got cancelled really though as the early seasons of ENT were its undoing.

Indeed. That second season of the show killed it IMO. It was a truly uninspired, dreadful collection of episodes.
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    The only leg to stand on that I could see is while the Constitution is a 23rd century ship, the NX in STO is technically a 25th century ship just with 22nd century looks. It's a replica with modern technology.

Well you don't have that leg to stand on. The Constitution in STO is also a replica with modern technology.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I would love this for a T2!! ship refit with a pack like the DS9 one

BUT

NOT T3 T4 OR!!!! T5

and NO!!! T5 connie either
    JtaDmwW.png
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well you don't have that leg to stand on. The Constitution in STO is also a replica with modern technology.

Ha! I've been saying that for years!

Honestly, it'd be really cool if they released the ship as a tier 2 vessel that could be usable at t5-6ish by enhancing the BO powers and the BO Powers alone. I think the last time I made that argument somebody tried to point out that somehow BO powers correspond to tech, but I'd argue that firing four photon torpedos at once was something they've been able to do for quite some time now.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Please, no more non-2409-era stuff in the game. For goodness sake.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
    edited February 2014
    stararmy wrote: »
    Please, no more non-2409-era stuff in the game. For goodness sake.

And that's the response I've seen since well... since the game launched practically.
    Meh, guy is complaining about past ships when there are Romulans at Earth Space Dock. Seems kind of a moot point.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    sonnikku wrote: »
    No, the T1, T2 and T3 Federation cruisers in STO are 25th century ships with 22nd century looks and modern technology. It's the T4 Federation cruisers that are the old rust buckets. The retrofits of the T4 cruiser are just old rust buckets with added duct tape holding the loose parts that are ready to fall off.
    edited February 2014
    No, the T1, T2 and T3 Federation cruisers in STO are 25th century ships with 22nd century looks and modern technology. It's the T4 Federation cruisers that are the old rust buckets. The retrofits of the T4 cruiser are just old rust buckets with added duct tape holding the loose parts that are ready to fall off.

Well some of them...

I think I get why people take issue though. I think the aesthetics of a Constitution class vessel shooting down borg spheres is a bit much for them. ****, it's a bit much for me.

I just don't get why Cryptic doesn't allow you to have tier 2.9 vessels that increase the BO power slots. That's it. That way your BOs aren't wasted at that lvl. Before the whole Fleet system arrived, I used to roll around in a Nova class vessel and it was fine. The only annoying part was knowing that my BOs were useless. I think you should be able to increase those. It doesn't violate the technology bit anyways because the USS Enterprise 1701 (no bloody blah blah blah) was always capable of shooting off multiple photon torpedoes with the exception of the Wrath of Kahn where Kahn's Reliant surgically took out one of the photon launchers.
  • aaronh42aaronh42 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I wouldn't mind the NX getting a 2409 skin.
    edited February 2014
    aaronh42 wrote: »

/10chars
  • minkymikeftwminkymikeftw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    aaronh42 wrote: »

Wonder what it would look like.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited February 2014
    teknesia wrote: »
    /10chars

We already have one -.-

The NX is an upside-down akira class
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://books.simonandschuster.com/Star-Trek-Enterprise-Rise-of-the-Federation-of/Christopher-L-Bennett/9781476749648

So there IS a precedent. Now you can argue the canon-ology of the novels till you're green in the face (**cough...Aventine...cough**) , but there it is in black and white, so it DOES exist in ST's expanded universe.

I would like to see it personally, because it is the natural progression between the NX and the Constitution.

EDIT: Here's a better look at it: http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-tower-of-babel
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • daedalus304daedalus304 Member Posts: 1,049 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://books.simonandschuster.com/Star-Trek-Enterprise-Rise-of-the-Federation-of/Christopher-L-Bennett/9781476749648

So there IS a precedent. Now you can argue the canon-ology of the novels till you're green in the face (**cough...Aventine...cough**) , but there it is in black and white, so it DOES exist in ST's expanded universe.

I would like to see it personally, because it is the natural progression between the NX and the Constitution.

EDIT: Here's a better look at it: http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-tower-of-babel

there ya go, it'll be canon soon enough, get with the making of it, and add some more options for Cryptic's sake, I miss the good ol feeling of a Cryptic customizer.