test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heavy Orbital Weapons Platforms Spawning Instead of Keldon-Class in "Smash & Grab"

rockycoonyrockycoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
As it says.

In the Romulan Mission, Smash and Grab, instead of a Keldon-Class spawning after defeating all the ships and disabling the Transports, this appears instead of the Keldon. It's powerful and capable of 1-shotting you at this point early in the game.

This is repeatable.

They also appear in the mission before this, instead of Keldon's-- the one with the disabled Cardassian Ship that I can't remember the name of, so it's happening 'elsewhere' too, but I only have Smash & Grab Documented:

Screenshots of this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223761452

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223761531

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=223761322
Post edited by rockycoony on

Comments

• nlindgren57nlindgren57 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I had this same thing happen to me when I was doing the dailies in Eta Eridani. When you defend the deuterium factory instead of a Keldon coming in two Hidekis and an orbital platform warped in.
  • onenonlydrockonenonlydrock Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I have the same problem as well, and it's preventing me from leveling my new Reman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    yea im there now too and getting one hitted =\ not fun at all.
  • n1nj4r4bb1dn1nj4r4bb1d Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I second this problem!
    LOL i did not know it's a bug, at least i figured out how to easily beat these things without dying now!
  • madhabmaticsmadhabmatics Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I definitely had this bug. Two people I know encountered it to, and with all of us, the weapons platform would start saying borg things like that it was going to assimilate our ship and add our biological distinctiveness to it's own.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Same here on a Rom toon I'm leveling for the Dyson Sci-Destroyer ship. I don't recall that happening the first time I leveled a Romulan.

While effective, if a bit harsh, at teaching how to use Quantum Absorption to survive being hit down to the single digits of percent hull, the mission either needs to a text change, or replace it with the the proper battleship.
  • acheronbladeacheronblade Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I too, have ran into this problem on these missions. An orbital weapons platform that speaks in the borg voices, that can one shot me if I don't stay directly behind it.
    PRWDS5g.jpg
  • captaindecker12captaindecker12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, this bug is annoying doing the Alhena Daily.
    Actual Join Date: Dec 2009 (Yes, that's pre-launch)
  • jacktantojacktanto Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    restarted the mission and it spawned the right type again ^^ but later on in the mission it came back again, but managed to kill it after the hint to attack only from behind it so it cant attack you ;-)
  • anasaziscoutanasaziscout Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Is the orbital platform supposed to be able to hit you from 20 km away five seconds after you cloak?
  • scolouscolou Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #2,287,231.

same problem they appear to be using lance weapons or BO3 was a bit of a shock when they warp in and as a vet you are on guard for borg lol
  • tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Confirmed in (KDF-side) mission Forging Bonds as well. Platforms also appear to be mobile. Combined with the Borg voices and the weaponry, they are likely Borg Cubes that are masquerading as platforms.
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • tango80tango80 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well i had this happen to me during the badlands episode run.

When you scan all the moons and destroy everything. Then the keldon is supposed to warp in. Well instead i got a heavy orbital platform that spoke borg and could easily tear your hull to bits.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the reports. It sounds like an encounter group for Cardassians got changed by accident. I'll get this written up and submitted for a fix.
    STO QA Team
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    tango80 wrote: »
    Well i had this happen to me during the badlands episode run.

When you scan all the moons and destroy everything. Then the keldon is supposed to warp in. Well instead i got a heavy orbital platform that spoke borg and could easily tear your hull to bits.

omg that sound hilarious!
  • amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Yeah, these little fellas are funny. Incidentally, it'd be nice if these actually animated and fired plasma torpedoes like they did in DS9: http://youtu.be/fg_6eeJ5eVc?t=1m38s
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,669 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I too, have ran into this problem on these missions. An orbital weapons platform that speaks in the borg voices, that can one shot me if I don't stay directly behind it.

The first one I had could shoot backwards through the ship model... I wasn't perfectly behind it, but I should've been out of arc for even a 270 degree weapon.

Also, while /bug'ging it the first time while I was dead it ran off and I couldn't find it after I respawned.
  • thekfcaddictthekfcaddict Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Haha I had these appear on smash and grab and the mission before it too, it took me by suprise, I knew what it was and when it occured to me that it was about to start firing it one shotted me before I could cloak. The second one I managed to cloaked before it targetted me and attacked while hugging its back, you can definitely tell its bugged though, the shields are vertical instead of horizontal, it looks like it isn't supposed to move.

I now consider cloaking devices the best thing since sliced bread, having mostly ever played federation, I'm really enjoying being a romulan, if I didn't have cloaking then those encounters would have been the most frustrating thing ever.
  • taj2480taj2480 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was playing Suspect, the second mission in Cardie arc and weapon platforms were spawning in instead of Kheldons, they were using borg sound effects and had one hit kill lances.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reporting this issue as well... but good to know that a Dev is passing it on. :)
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • albinovampire987albinovampire987 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Reporting this issue as well... but good to know that a Dev is passing it on. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one wondering why Cardie weapon platforms announce themselves as Borg. It's pretty funny actually..
    Galactic Horde.