What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Livestream - 02/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Oh hey! A reasonable day at a reasonable hour for me for once. Will be there.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually, I was kidding about "few". Realistically, it's more like $500 worth of ZEN ;) Thinking 5000 ZEN x10 winners. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Ah. $50 worth per winner. Got it. Very nice. Not the windfall I initially pictured, but nice. :D
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if the game will be up for the livesteam.

The prizes can be for how much ppl who tune in get timed out from their login attempts.
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I wonder if the game will be up for the livesteam.

The prizes can be for how much ppl who tune in get timed out from their login attempts.

I wonder if this will go ahead at all, unless there is some serious fixing between now and then to the new mission, otherwise Brandon may find himself running a verbal gauntlet.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    This will go ahead as scheduled for now (it's not starting for another 37 hours) -- worst case scenario is it would be postponed, but everything is on track for now. I'll keep you updated if that changes!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    littlemanzlittlemanz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Any chance you can post a direct link to this please so its a bit easier to find it.

thanks
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    main computer just had a complete user profile corruption, having to move along gb's of files from and back to after a fresh install. gonna be at this all night. only got limited time befor even this computer is gonna need to get involved.

thought i would be around for one of those zen wins, but thats out of the question now.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Just finished totaling up the amount of STO promotional ZEN I am giving out tomorrow during the livestream. $750 worth! Winner every 10 minutes or so.

Oh yeah! Going to be amazing!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    All I can say is... wow....
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just finished totaling up the amount of STO promotional ZEN I am giving out tomorrow during the livestream. $750 worth! Winner every 10 minutes or so.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    If I win can I have it in Zen? ;)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I will try to attend.

I have a lot of questions to ask Bran.

First one, what happened to the phrase 'player appreication' in regards to the anniversary.

Was it because nobody at Cryptic could type the words without laughing?
  • Options
    crash490rcrash490r Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

2pm my time is a bit early since I am nocturnal, but I can think of 750 good reasons to be up early.
    littlemanz wrote: »
    Any chance you can post a direct link to this please so its a bit easier to find it.

thanks

The livestream will be here.

- Crash
    LTS Since 2012
    do1ao9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »

Each winner will win 6250 promo ZEN for the STO C-Store. Why the odd number? They are actually old codes for 5000 promo points, which with the ZEN conversion at 1.2, becomes 6250.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Each winner will win 6250 promo ZEN for the STO C-Store. Why the odd number? They are actually old codes for 5000 promo points, which with the ZEN conversion at 1.2, becomes 6250.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So that's what, 10 winners?

Count me in! I hope I'll have time.
  • Options
    summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Sweet! Hope I can be there without lagging like last time.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    So that's what, 10 winners?

Count me in! I hope I'll have time.

12. He tweeted that it was $750. That's 75,000 ZEN, divided by 6250 to equal 12.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    P.S. I have a special guest (note the gold color of the text as a hint) joining me for the stream. You won't want to miss it! :cool:
    rinkster wrote: »
    First one, what happened to the phrase 'player appreication' in regards to the anniversary?

Based on the other posts I've read of yours this past week, I know that you're passionate about the change this year with the "free" ships and I sincerely appreciate that. We wanted to try something different this year by giving "free" ships (which we did via the giveaway this week, 2 of them actually, just by logging in and hitting a button), as well as other in-game items for the anniversary event. Yes, the Dyson ships do require you to collect Qmendations, but this allowed us to give away the amazing ships that they are, with all the bells and whistles and special gear.

We will continue to be appreciative (as we wouldn't be here without you all) by providing an amazing F2P game with an incredibly generous F2P model, giveaways throughout the year, new and exciting content often, VO from your favorite Star Trek actors, free expansions/ seasons, and much more. I hope you stick with us as 2014 is going to be a great year for the game and community.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    P.S. I have a special guest (note the gold color of the text as a hint) joining me for the stream. You won't want to miss it! :cool:

Based on the other posts I've read of yours this past week, I know that you're passionate about the change this year with the "free" ships and I sincerely appreciate that. We wanted to try something different this year by giving "free" ships (which we did via the giveaway this week, 2 of them actually, just by logging in and hitting a button), as well as other in-game items for the anniversary event. Yes, the Dyson ships do require you to collect Qmendations, but this allowed us to give away the amazing ships that they are, with all the bells and whistles and special gear.

We will continue to be appreciative (as we wouldn't be here without you all) by providing an amazing F2P game with an incredibly generous F2P model, giveaways throughout the year, new and exciting content often, VO from your favorite Star Trek actors, free expansions/ seasons, and much more. I hope you stick with us as 2014 is going to be a great year for the game and community.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Brandon, I thank you for all the hard work you and the other devs have put into this game. I look forward to the future of STO and I know it's going to be an awesome future.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Eau My, are we allowed to guess?
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    thay8472 wrote: »

You want 750 Zen? Come on guys, donate him a few Zen until we are at 750
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Bran, thank you for the reply. I do believe it is the first response to someone who has not been impressed with the anniversary for a week from anyone Cryptic side.

I also note, with happiness, that you have read enough of my posts on the subject to know what my feelings are on this issue.

Thus, you will also know that i have expressed my thanks and admiration for the work on the new ships. Additionally, i have been explicit in stating that the new monetarisation model is entirely within your rights.

My singular objection has been to the use of the anniversary event to launch said moneterisation.

I'm sorry but a couple of T3 ships, nice as their consoles are, available for 24 hours only in no way is equivilant to the Oddysey/Bortas and Ambassador/Kamarag ships.

They were T5, viable in end game ships. One of my toons still flies the protottype Odyssey with the Dyson sets on it. Fine ship.

They were also available for the length of the event, not 24 hours.

I appreciate that the team was trying something new, and of itself thats a good thing. Innovation is always nice.

However, I can't help but wonder, when the shape of this new anniversary style, the grindaversary, was being thought up........what market research was done? Whose opinions were solicited?

Because, however that part of the process went, there were some serious issues with it.

The odd treatment of weekend only players for instance.

While clearly looking after their interests with the change to the hourly to a weekend event style, you have denied them the chance to get this ship unless they spend lobi.

The odd treatment of those with a lot of toons.

As a group, these players probably spend more money on the game than anyone else. Yet this event, unlike all previous anniversary events, discriminates horribly against them.

These are valid criticisms, answering and resolving them should be part of your QA process.

I appreciate that full answers will take some time. teams of people need to give their input, figures need to be collated.

However, those people disappointed by this event deserved to be acknowledged earlier. Thier voices needed to be acknowledged, just as did those congratulating you all.
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    ... There is a laugh ...

Oh, I wanted to ask this since it pertains to your job, is there any reason to subscribe to PWE newsletter since quite honestly, getting it a day LATER the same information that is posted on the website is beyond pointless?

Should I remain subscribed? since quite frankly I dont see any point.

What's hilarious is I've seen on other games where the forumites go thermonuclear because news shows up in newsletters or facebook or twitter accounts before showing up in the forums or webpages. You literally cannot win. By performing any action (or even no action), some members of the community will get ticked off no matter what.

The newsletters are good for people that don't have the time to keep up with everything here every minute of every day. Think of it as a synopsis that you can review later to see if you missed or forgot about anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    cptdungeoncptdungeon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Man I been subscribed to Cryptic's newsletter since STO beta and they have never given anything away because you're subscribed to it lol. If that's your reasoning for being subed I'd go ahead and stop. Also it's a great way to find out about new features if you're taking a break from the game and/or don't want to check these forums every day.
    The individual's rights will be protected only so long as they don't conflict with the state.... nothing is so dangerous to a society.
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'll be there. Now off to try to conjure up some good mojo for the zen giveaway. :P
  • Options
    pwetacodeathpwetacodeath Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Too bad I'll be at work during this.

Nice thing to do though....
    I am not a Mod. I am just a player. You have been informed :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    My Livestream starts in just 1 hour! I'm giving out $750 of promo ZEN for STO, so I hope you tune in! Details: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1088911

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Was a great stream and Miller is a total boss. Thanks guys!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks to everyone who made it out to the stream today! Had a great time, and hope you enjoyed meeting CommanderAnder and LCDRMiller. Missed the live show? Watch the recorded version here: http://www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community/b/499984004

P.S. I survived in my Redshirt!
    P.P.S. Tyraidd, if you're reading this, please send me a forum PM. We tried sending you your prize but it mentioned you were not accepting messages.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=