test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Romulan Crafting??

gimilotsgimilots Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Romulan Discussion
Where and how do you start crafting for Romulans I have looked and can't get the one from:confused: Egg at starfleet so what do we do ?? anyone know how it works? I went to Memory Alpha and I have tryed to craft but can't because I have no crafting points.
Post edited by gimilots on

Comments

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085 Arc User1
    edited November 2013
    I believe it is Memory Alpha for Fed-allied and First City for KDF-allied Rommies.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Romulan crafting station is near the Tailor on New Romulus. In the same area you can purchase romulan ground gear.(New Capital, not your fleet embassy)
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    gimilots wrote: »
    Where and how do you start crafting for Romulans I have looked and can't get the one from:confused: Egg at starfleet so what do we do ?? anyone know how it works? I went to Memory Alpha and I have tryed to craft but can't because I have no crafting points.

All characters start with no crafting points (if you meant the crafting experience total/requirements). The easiest way to improve your skill is to gather a bunch of the red data samples and make the consumables needed for your Rep trees. If you look at the left side of the crafting list, it should show the amount of crafting experience you gain from completing that item. The components needed for each recipe are in the lower right of each listing, though they are often... odd... about displaying the mouse-over list that is far easier to read than the little icons.

You also need Schematics to make anything other than the consumables. These can be crafted themselves from the red data samples, purchased from the exchange, or gathered while doing The Vault episode in the furthest area from the entry point.

Crafting at New Romulus Command works more like a store than the main crafting systems. Also, if you're aiming for the Very Rare Mk XI items, it is often cheaper in dilithium alone to simply buy items from the Dilithium Store rather than buying the Unreplicatable Materials using dilithium... one of many flaws of the current crafting system. The Aegis set can be fairly nice, though.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    euar0euar0 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    Romulan crafting station is near the Tailor on New Romulus. In the same area you can purchase romulan ground gear.(New Capital, not your fleet embassy)

Romulan crafting stations are ALL borked.
    There are wonderful and interesting new plasma weapons in the merchant <all white and mk *-1> but the crafting stations all link to the old componet merchants on mem alpha (even if your KDF). Even thought there is a crafting merchant around the stations none of them actually work.

The new look and very interesting effects of the rom plasma weapons in the merchant leads me to believe that they added a bunch of nice new romulan weapons to the game with the Romulan release, but someone cross linked the stations and noone has seen them. Evidence for this is the white weapons merchant in the crafting area. I grabbed some of those pre-50 and they have some GREAT uses. Area effect plasma pistols, mini-gun pistols, constant fire rifles <in targetting mode> etc. They are still there, but nothing but whites.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are still the stations on Qo'nos/Memory Alpha, and if you are willing to wait, you can start the crafting on defera for omega items.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Whoa, wait, whut?

There's omega crafting (or soon to be) on Defera????

Where is the information about that?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ngonorrhea wrote: »
    Whoa, wait, whut?

There's omega crafting (or soon to be) on Defera????

Where is the information about that?
    I think he's talking about the projects to make Fractal Remodulators, and stuff like that. That's been there a long time, maybe as long as the Defera invasion zone itself. It's mainly anti-Borg stuff though so it's not that great. Oh and the lack of purple gear is kinda pathetic. It's all greens.... bleah.
    euar0 wrote: »
    Romulan crafting stations are ALL borked.
    There are wonderful and interesting new plasma weapons in the merchant <all white and mk *-1> but the crafting stations all link to the old componet merchants on mem alpha (even if your KDF). Even thought there is a crafting merchant around the stations none of them actually work.

The new look and very interesting effects of the rom plasma weapons in the merchant leads me to believe that they added a bunch of nice new romulan weapons to the game with the Romulan release, but someone cross linked the stations and noone has seen them. Evidence for this is the white weapons merchant in the crafting area. I grabbed some of those pre-50 and they have some GREAT uses. Area effect plasma pistols, mini-gun pistols, constant fire rifles <in targetting mode> etc. They are still there, but nothing but whites.
    You can get Mk11 purple versions in the dil store.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As markhawkman says the defera crafting area is basically just starter/omega only stuff.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    ngonorrheangonorrhea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think he's talking about the projects to make Fractal Remodulators, and stuff like that. That's been there a long time, maybe as long as the Defera invasion zone itself. [url=http://sto.gamepedia.com

I've seen all that. I was thinking the omega stuff he was referring to was about crafting the omega rep stuff.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    euar0 wrote: »
    Yeah, I loved this stuff pre-50, bums me out that there are no Mk. X-XII equivalents.