test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for the Anniversary, Cryptic!

undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
Seriously. I can't wait 'til I get the new Dyson ships, the EV suit (it looks AMAZING) and the new party popper. Getting the Qmendations won't bother me in the least, and getting the prize and getting to fly a Science Vessel with a fun Bridge Officer seating will be pretty fun!

So, thanks for all the goodies and for keeping the ship running for 4 years now. Hopefully another 4 will follow!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With all those current announcements, why should you grind the ship? The only thing that comes with the ship is the secondary Dyson-Deflector, an upgraded 10 console version of the ship will be in the C-Store soon, in 3 favours for each faction.

Even if you grind the ship, you will still need to purchase the C-Store version(s) to get the maximum out of it.

The EV-Suits, well you've got to grind 3 of those to upgrade them to one of the good ones and still pay 50 Lobi on top. With "at least 4 Lobi per Box" you've got to open maximum 12.5 boxes (so 13) or with an average of 5 Lobi still 10 boxes, just to get one EV-Suit...

This all seems too grindy, usually you don't need to work for presents. I think I won't participate in this grindy fun this time, even if I don't get the Dyson-Deflector, hey the next Fleetholding will offer you one that is 1.5 times as good as this one...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With all those current announcements, why should you grind the ship? The only thing that comes with the ship is the secondary Dyson-Deflector, an upgraded 10 console version of the ship will be in the C-Store soon, in 3 favours for each faction.

Even if you grind the ship, you will still need to purchase the C-Store version(s) to get the maximum out of it.

The EV-Suits, well you've got to grind 3 of those to upgrade them to one of the good ones and still pay 50 Lobi on top. With "at least 4 Lobi per Box" you've got to open maximum 12.5 boxes (so 13) or with an average of 5 Lobi still 10 boxes, just to get one EV-Suit...

This all seems too grindy, usually you don't need to work for presents. I think I won't participate in this grindy fun this time, even if I don't get the Dyson-Deflector, hey the next Fleetholding will offer you one that is 1.5 times as good as this one...
    I've played old korean MMOs (Lineage 2, for example) and what we're doing in STO? It isn't a grind. AT all. I bet it'll be a simple 2-5 minute mission that is just chump change of the time I spend daily doing other activities. Why should I not 'grind' for three great ships with unique and quirky mechanics? This isn't even a grind, just a short daily activity you do for a few minutes a day.

Yeah, it's kinda sucky that they put the upgraded versions of the EV suits behind the Lobi paywall, but I honestly don't mind. Every activity I do in the game (well, almost everything) gives me Dilithium which I can always convert to Zen to buy lockbox keys or make a few million to buy 'em off the exchange, no big deal.

And who said I needed to buy the Z-Store versions of the ships? I'm pretty sure I'll be just as happy with my 9 console versions :D +1 console and a few more HP here and there won't really make it vastly superior, just slightly more so. You don't need a 10-console ship to do STFs or Voth space stuff, really, so to me, the 9-console ships will do JUST fine.

This isn't a grind. When you have to kill monsters because they drop a mission item but they only have like a 15% chance to drop 'em and you need 100 of the red AND blue ones, THAT'S a grind. This? Menial work at its worst. Not even worth the title of grind. People are just mad and pissed because 'oh no, we have to spend a few more minutes getting Qmendations for 15 days, woe is me!' Come on, people. It's just a simple, short task you do once per day, that's it. No big deal. Everything in the event is still free, don't see what's the big deal.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the free stuff and im looking forward to the episode, tim russ and 8.5 in general. A few minutes of work a day playing a game i already play to get some awesome looking ships with a set? not exactly a hardship.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seriously. I can't wait 'til I get the new Dyson ships, the EV suit (it looks AMAZING) and the new party popper. Getting the Qmendations won't bother me in the least, and getting the prize and getting to fly a Science Vessel with a fun Bridge Officer seating will be pretty fun!

So, thanks for all the goodies and for keeping the ship running for 4 years now. Hopefully another 4 will follow!

It's nice to see someone else who just sees the good in the anniversary event. I've been happy about this new ship since they first announced it and I can't wait to start the project to claim it on all my characters.

There won't be a fleet version of the Dyson science destroyers. The C-store versions that will be released later when this event is over as you said will have the 10th console slot so there would be no point in them trying to release a fleet ship since the only change would be slight hull and shield increases.

Furthermore, you left behind some information about the ships. The warp core/singularity core that comes with the free version of the ship will not be offered again, and if you wish to have the full effect of the items that come from the Featured Episode, then you have to get the core too.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm planing to play the episode to get the marks then use lobi crystals for the rest already have about 310 hope it's enough to get the marks I need
    edited January 2014
    jim625 wrote: »
    I'm planing to play the episode to get the marks then use lobi crystals for the rest already have about 310 hope it's enough to get the marks I need
    Not even thinking of saving those crystals for the new lobi stuff we're getting when the Hirogen lockbox goes live?
    edited January 2014
    Not even thinking of saving those crystals for the new lobi stuff we're getting when the Hirogen lockbox goes live?

Nope dont like hirogen that much
    edited January 2014
    Nope dont like hirogen that much
    You don't have to, just have to like the new items.
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014

300 won't be enough. If it's anything like the Winter or Summer event grinds, 300 lobi will maybe save you 2-3 days worth of Qmmendations at best. I recommend you save them, maybe for the upgraded EV suits, or perhaps some lobi gear like a Tachyokinetic converter if you don't already have one. And that's if you're REALLY not into saving up for a lobi ship of some kind, either one currently available or some future release.
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The Q-mendation payout is apparently 10 per 5 Lobis instead of 2, so it's a lot better than the holiday TRIBBLE. Still, every day you want to shave is gonig to cost you 20 Lobi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I will be doing the event on only one character. That is only because I have only one character that I feel could really use the ship. Thankfully, it is my Romulan science officer so I at least get to acquire the best looking of the ships.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited January 2014

bumped up tetryon weapons? no thanks. not unless the parts to the scistroyer give a significant boost to tet weapons.

with the jem set ori set and embassy gear giving significantly higher dps bonuses, I can't see not using Polaron, AP or plasma

All in all, unless the FE and the grinds are exceptionally fast and easy, I won't bother, because I think you are going to find a properly built sci ship that exists now will be comparable. of course if you are strictly rom/kdf, them it might be worth the grind. only reason i did the ORI grind with Worf's FE was to get the AP enhancing set. My KDF toons certainly don't need the carrier when they are sporting Fish boats
    sig.jpg
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i am looking forward to playing the new mission and the q games and i am also looking forward to getting the free ship, i also see that there will be a ship pack for each faction for 5000zen sadly this 15000zen is out of my budget :(

it would be realy cool if you could add a single ship upgrade for say 1000zen per character to add the extra bells & whistles to the free ship like the 10th console slot ect i would definatly buy that for each character as funds allow.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• sfc#5932 sfc Member Posts: 992 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    I'm saving my Lobi for the EV suits because those look awesome. The ships will be easy to grind if I come in for a few minutes everyday, so I'm not complaining.

But everyone look on the brightside - TUVOK!

Happy Tuvokversary!!!
    edited January 2014
    i am looking forward to playing the new mission and the q games and i am also looking forward to getting the free ship, i also see that there will be a ship pack for each faction for 5000zen sadly this 15000zen is out of my budget :(

Do you have a link to that confirmation?

I read it is a 3 pack (ie rom, fed, kdf) all in one and I assume each sold individually as well.

They mention a console that comes with the c-store version to make a 4 piece set with all the free stuff. that indicates to me 1 ship of each type.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    300 won't be enough. If it's anything like the Winter or Summer event grinds, 300 lobi will maybe save you 2-3 days worth of Qmmendations at best. I recommend you save them, maybe for the upgraded EV suits, or perhaps some lobi gear like a Tachyokinetic converter if you don't already have one. And that's if you're REALLY not into saving up for a lobi ship of some kind, either one currently available or some future release.

That's where you're wrong. 300 Lobi is just enough to stop the grind - you're getting 10-20 Qmendations, not 4-6 like the Winter/Summer events.
    edited January 2014
    That's where you're wrong. 300 Lobi is just enough to stop the grind - you're getting 10-20 Qmendations, not 4-6 like the Winter/Summer events.

:DReally Seriously
    edited January 2014

not that i plan to spend lobi on it, but i really wish they would just give us the full 40 per what ever amount. it's then dead easy for people to see how many days they will save.

While its miles better than 4-6 even spending some lobi and getting 30 Qmendations is useless.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do you have a link to that confirmation?

I read it is a 3 pack (ie rom, fed, kdf) all in one and I assume each sold individually as well.

They mention a console that comes with the c-store version to make a 4 piece set with all the free stuff. that indicates to me 1 ship of each type.

There will be 3 bundles of 3 ships, one for each faction.

Confirmed by BranFlakes:
    Yes, so 9 ships total, 3 for each faction.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited January 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    There will be 3 bundles of 3 ships, one for each faction.

Confirmed by BranFlakes:

Nuts. my original thought of it being a mixed 3 pack was looking quite attractive. Shame as unless they do something amazing with it, I think ill pass on that.
  • shortcultshortcult Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I was only on for about 15 mins this morning before shard came down, I did not see where you begin the quests mentioned in this post. Where do you pick this up?
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    After the update is finished
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
    edited January 2014
    shortcult wrote: »
    I was only on for about 15 mins this morning before shard came down, I did not see where you begin the quests mentioned in this post. Where do you pick this up?

Once its back up, do the mission advertised in the journal. then do the daily at the academies.
  • shortcultshortcult Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    After the update is finished

Makes sense, thanks for the reply

Raises another question tho, where does everyone get the information about what exactly is in the event? I'm obviously watching the wrong news source as I only knew about the three days of give-aways leading up to the anniversary.
    edited January 2014
    shortcult wrote: »
    Makes sense, thanks for the reply

Raises another question tho, where does everyone get the information about what exactly is in the event? I'm obviously watching the wrong news source as I only knew about the three days of give-aways leading up to the anniversary.

most everything of value is found within the respective dev blogs. Sometimes there is additional info in the forums as well. best to check the dev tracker subsection for those.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=870711

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/search.php?searchid=85525571
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Im just gonna play the FE for the sake of playing something new.

As far as the ships go, I dont need nor want them. All my chars are sitting in Fleet versions of ships with fleet gear anyway. No desire to grind for a ship that will just sit and never be played when what I have already is better for my characters career specialization anyway.
  • kantazo1kantazo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    ryeknow wrote: »
    Im just gonna play the FE for the sake of playing something new.

As far as the ships go, I dont need nor want them. All my chars are sitting in Fleet versions of ships with fleet gear anyway. No desire to grind for a ship that will just sit and never be played when what I have already is better for my characters career specialization anyway.

I am going to do it 1 time to see and hear Tuvok.
    Seek and ye shall find. Yeshua
  • sinusiridumsinusiridum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yes, thanks for the Anniversary, Cryptic!
    Thank you for the free not-so-easy-to-get-items, multiplied by the number of characters we have.
    Thank you soooooo much! :rolleyes:
    ###################
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Can't wait/
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • ryeknowryeknow Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    kantazo1 wrote: »
    I am going to do it 1 time to see and hear Tuvok.

Yup. This exactly.