test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TNG Future Imperfect combadge

o0kami87o0kami87 Member Posts: 590 Arc User
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130508200236/memoryalpha/en/images/9/9f/William_Riker,_2383.jpg

I want these combadges, the rank bars right on the badge, any chance we could see them in game?
First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
Post edited by o0kami87 on

Comments

• Options
    jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I am surprised we have not seen these yet. Admiral had the cut out on the badge.
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    But but...! Would they go in the badge menu or the rank menu?! You're breaking the game STAHP!!!

(They're kind of cool looking badges. I would like to see them added, too.)
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Done. These badges are now in the game.

BUT

They will always show your character's game rank, not your title rank. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    eulifdavis wrote: »

BUT

ouch, just have the bars linked to the rank option in the tailor, selecting the badge would remove rank pips in favor of the badge rank visuals.
    First, Vice Admiral, U.S.S. Wolf Pack-F, NX-101687-FFirst., Vice Admiral, A.R.W. Moon WolfWolf, I.K.S. Frost Bite
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I always figured they'd get around to this one sooner or later. I'd love to see it.

It might take some creativity in the tailor, but I'm sure they could make it work.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,174 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    They still haven't solved the clipping problem with the TNG badges and female characters with larger... resources. But I do agree that bgadge would be a nice addition.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
    edited January 2014

BUT

Dr. Pepper out through my nose burns, ya know? :P
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    pmadi32382pmadi32382 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Funny I just watched this episode on DVD yesterday. I hadn't seen it in a while and it took me a second to realize the rank was located on the comm badge. I do like the badge and it would be neat to have it available.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I want it with Admiral Picard's uniform from that episode.

Maybe include his awesome goatee and horseshoe haircut for all species, some haircuts with white streaks in them (Riker's from that episode, maybe Troi's bun with bride of Frankenstein streak and MAYBE throw in Data's from AGT). These would be cross faction.

And while we're at it with "simulated" uniforms?

Sloan's "Deputy Director" pips from DS9 "Inquisition:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Deputy_Director

The fake Starfleet uniforms from Voyager's "Live Fast and Prosper" as cross-faction, off-duty clothing options (the point of the episode was non-Federation people using cheap knockoff uniforms to pose as Voyager's crew and commit crimes):

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/6x21/livefastandprosper_047.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I want it with Admiral Picard's uniform from that episode.

Maybe include his awesome goatee and horseshoe haircut for all species, some haircuts with white streaks in them (Riker's from that episode, maybe Troi's bun with bride of Frankenstein streak and MAYBE throw in Data's from AGT). These would be cross faction.

The fake Starfleet uniforms from Voyager's "Live Fast and Prosper" as cross-faction, off-duty clothing options (the point of the episode was non-Federation people using cheap knockoff uniforms to pose as Voyager's crew and commit crimes):

http://voy.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/6x21/livefastandprosper_047.jpg

yes yes, all of it yes!
    also, to rattler2, love your icon, Sonic and Tails are awesome!
  • Options
    jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I wouldn't call the Deputy Director pip "simulated." Sloan was misrepresenting himself, but if his pips had been illegitimate, his cover would have been blown pretty quickly. So I say, bring on the Internal Affairs pips!

While we're at it, how about Voyager's provisional ranks?
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited January 2014

BUT

They're in game? I see the "All Good Things" combadge, but not the "Future Imperfect" badges.

By the way, didn't they use those same combadges in the episode where Worf was bouncing around different universes?
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Also not sure what you mean by game rank vs. title rank. Is that "I'm a Vice Admiral, but I command a ship, so call me Captain" thing?
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rick: No, they're not actually in the game, I was making a joke. Yes, what I meant in the joke is your "game rank" is the level your character is. (I.E. all max-level players are "Vice Admiral", or whatever the equivalent is for the other factions.) So in other words, the joke was that players could use them, but the RP'ers couldn't specify a rank lower than their character's level on them.

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,401 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »
    They're in game? I see the "All Good Things" combadge, but not the "Future Imperfect" badges.
    He was doing a riff on a game popular on many Internet forums, "Make a Wish", in which the second player grants the previous player's wish, but in a form that makes it less useful (or sometimes worse than nothing). It's based off the way that the 1st edition of the AD&D DM's Guide recommended limiting the power of a Wish spell by, er, "creatively interpreting" the wording of the spell itself.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Ah. OK. Thanks!
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »

By the way, didn't they use those same combadges in the episode where Worf was bouncing around different universes?

yes, yes it was.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,174 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Thanks o0kami87! ^^
    I've always been a Tails fan.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As long as we get the greatest Sci Fi looking Alien ever created
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    As long as we get the greatest Sci Fi looking Alien ever created

My friends and I like to say that FI is one of the best Riker episodes in TNG... until the last two minutes. Seriously, they could have just kept the kid who was playing Jean-Luc Riker.

That said, the episode feels like a rip off of the G.I.Joe two parter "No Place Like Springfield".

This was written by Star Trek: TNG writer, Iconian creator, and comic book creator Steve Gerber. NPLS is about the bearded sailor Shipwreck. He wakes up in a future where G.I.Joe and Cobra are at peace and he is inexplicably married to his girlfriend Mara, who is suddenly no longer a mermaid (the thing that has been keeping them apart). Everyone keeps grilling him for information that was once classified, causing him to suspect that he's been trapped in a simulation of the future in order to extract secrets from him.

Future Imperfect is about the bearded Starfleet officer Riker. He wakes up in a future where the Federation and Romulans are at peace and he is inexplicably married to his lost Minuet, who is suddenly no longer a hologram (the thing that has been keeping them apart). Everyone keeps grilling him for information that was once classified, causing him to suspect that he's been trapped in a simulation of the future in order to extract secrets from him.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh and the TNG writers previously worked on the G.I.Joe cartoon alongside Gerber. So there was probably a deliberate lift there given that everyone involved worked together on TNG and G.I.Joe.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    hunh, I never noticed. I guess because I'm not familiar with the GI Joe ep.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    As you can see from my Avatar I'm a fan of this Combadge.

/\
  • Options
    gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That Combadge is also used in one of the Quantum Realities Worf visits, so it was actually used in Starfleet, just not our Starfleet.

Cardassian_helmsman%2C_2370.jpg