test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's talk Science.

2»

Comments

• lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2014
    IMHO sci is fine where it is at. IF they want to make more abilities usable they need to dial back on what the doffs provide ie multiple TR/GW doffs, and pretty much get rid of disables all together.

Lol, seems like this guy has been caught without subsystem repair skill, hazard emitters and power insulators and is crying because multiple Tyken Rift's affected him to the point of having his shields down.
  • wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited January 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    Lol, seems like this guy has been caught without subsystem repair skill, hazard emitters and power insulators and is crying because multiple Tyken Rift's affected him to the point of having his shields down.

not actually got caught in 4 TR and GW at about the same time, shields stayed up can't say the same for my defense. I won't even go into the draw limitations of the code in the game where if enough stuff is spammed on the screen you cannot even see things like a GW or TR.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
  • captainednacaptainedna Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

you have multiple tyken rifts which drain no matter of how much PI you have speced and you have most of the time 1 HE per ship but multiple Tyken Rifts at the same time.Now you either trolling or have no clue about what you talking about ....my guess is both.
    edited January 2014
    you have multiple tyken rifts which drain no matter of how much PI you have speced and you have most of the time 1 HE per ship but multiple Tyken Rifts at the same time.Now you either trolling or have no clue about what you talking about ....my guess is both.

I was just in a match, and I saw a team work very well all healing each others with HE. I have 313 in flow caps, and the most I could get someone's shields to drop down was for 3 seconds with all the HE being used left and right. Learn to play in teams and to counter stuff instead of crying about it.

You cry foul because multiple people use TR at the same time, yet on the other hand, a single romulan tac ship comes with a nasty alpha attack and rips you up in seconds from full shields, and that's ok? Which one is overpowered?
    edited January 2014
    I was just in a match, and I saw a team work very well all healing each others with HE. I have 313 in flow caps, and the most I could get someone's shields to drop down was for 3 seconds with all the HE being used left and right. Learn to play in teams and to counter stuff instead of crying about it.

You cry foul because multiple people use TR at the same time, yet on the other hand, a single romulan tac ship comes with a nasty alpha attack and rips you up in seconds from full shields, and that's ok? Which one is overpowered?

1 tyken rift affects everyone around it not only 1 player.By that logic everyone used their HE on their team mates.Normaly they could use it on themselves ,but hey I never said STO PvP players are smart lol :D

since theres no such thing as 1 Tyken Rift ...how you counter 2 with 1 HE?
    No one cried about TR ...ID works against that ,PI doesnt work against Tyken Rift.
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    No one cried about TR ...ID works against that ,PI doesnt work against Tyken Rift.

Wait what? Since when did ID do anything about Tykens Rift?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
    edited January 2014
    adamkafei wrote: »
    Wait what? Since when did ID do anything about Tykens Rift?

meant ID works against the gw (looks like tr :p ) .People complained (few to no one ) about that but if you spec ID it works .
    edited January 2014
    I've tested all the power drains and power insulators does protect against drain, but like all protections, it has diminishing returns.

At 100 power insulators, you get 50% of any drain. Power insulators doesn't mean you're immune. From what I can tell, it follows the same curve as armor.
  • edna7edna7 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've tested all the power drains and power insulators does protect against drain, but like all protections, it has diminishing returns.

At 100 power insulators, you get 50% of any drain. Power insulators doesn't mean you're immune. From what I can tell, it follows the same curve as armor.

cool ,Im sure its scaled down to the number of people affected.1 power affects 5 or 10 people so more people affected ,less drain it has right?

if not its broken.

P.S.new username ...Branflakes incident :D
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm pretty sure there was someone (or several) hustling that market niche until the CE DOFF collapsed its value.

I don't know what your talking about man. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • mreeves7amreeves7a Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited January 2014

What bothers me is that 9k skill points provide 42% reduction to drains. How would game be if 9k skill points gave your ship 42% resists to damage...
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mreeves7a wrote: »
    What bothers me is that 9k skill points provide 42% reduction to drains. How would game be if 9k skill points gave your ship 42% resists to damage...

Imagine if you could cut power drains by around 65% just by slotting standard BOFF powers and gear, and could then further cut what was left by an additional 30 to 50% from other gear.

So far, you haven't even spent a single skill point.

But you could!

You could increase your hull, your shields, your shield power and your hull resistances through skill ranks.

Sci Powers & Damage work differently, as the above example illustrates.

The game is better off for having sci resistances, not worse.
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Imagine if you could cut power drains by around 65% just by slotting standard BOFF powers and gear, and could then further cut what was left by an additional 30 to 50% from other gear.

So far, you haven't even spent a single skill point.

But you could!

You could increase your hull, your shields, your shield power and your hull resistances through skill ranks.

Sci Powers & Damage work differently, as the above example illustrates.

The game is better off for having sci resistances, not worse.

I agree that game is better off w/resists. But, not sure I follow your reasoning.

H.E. is a hard counter to power drain sci boff abilities. That's a 100% drain resist over time, tick mechanics aside.

It has a relatively high uptime even compared to rsp w/doff which doesn't provide resists or immunity which why rsp isn't always a hard counter to things like BO.

There's plenty of gear in sets and their bonuses that not only add to resists, but also add a TRIBBLE ton of power ie buffer to get through.

The same can be said for shield drains, even moreso w/the high buffer gear, high regen gear, skill point boosting, passive repair procs etc to make shield drains pretty pointless.

Not being a smartass, just not following your reasoning.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
    edited January 2014
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    I agree that game is better off w/resists. But, not sure I follow your reasoning.

H.E. is a hard counter to power drain sci boff abilities. That's a 100% drain resist over time, tick mechanics aside.

It has a relatively high uptime even compared to rsp w/doff which doesn't provide resists or immunity which why rsp isn't always a hard counter to things like BO.

There's plenty of gear in sets and their bonuses that not only add to resists, but also add a TRIBBLE ton of power ie buffer to get through.

The same can be said for shield drains, even moreso w/the high buffer gear, high regen gear, skill point boosting, passive repair procs etc to make shield drains pretty pointless.

Not being a smartass, just not following your reasoning.

Yup, you're very right. I'm fine with how power insulators work, but having two more things (HE and SciTeam) that clear debuffs like Tyken's Rift and Energy Siphon on top of the protection they get from the skill sucks.

And I think we got off topic. Weren't we discussing buffing some sci powers like Tachyon Beam which are useless in their current state?
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    p2wsucks wrote: »

It wasn't really reasoning, it was actually faulty logic to show that it's silly and not really productive to try and compare Sci skill resistances and speccing them to damage and damage resistances.

It was an illustration, really.

;)