test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Frontlines! PLEASE support it this weekend...

drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PvP Gameplay
Its getting pretty close to the date, and I need more people to participate in STO Frontlines across all the factions.

If there are not sufficient teams, the tournament cannot take place, because everything about it revolves about inter-factional territory control.

There is no reason not to participate. The rules of the tournament are exactly the same as No BS.

Please reconsider your reasons for not participating and realise that its really just about supporting PvP.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• brandonflbrandonfl Member Posts: 892
    edited January 2014
    Its getting pretty close to the date, and I need more people to participate in STO Frontlines across all the factions.

If there are not sufficient teams, the tournament cannot take place, because everything about it revolves about inter-factional territory control.

There is no reason not to participate. The rules of the tournament are exactly the same as No BS.

Please reconsider your reasons for not participating and realise that its really just about supporting PvP.

I just can't currently plan anything in advance. I'm basically on call for work (the weather has been interfering a bit) and may or may not be here on Saturday. I would love to participate and hopefully my schedule will become more clear by the end of the week.
    LOLSTO
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    brandonfl wrote: »
    I just can't currently plan anything in advance. I'm basically on call for work (the weather has been interfering a bit) and may or may not be here on Saturday. I would love to participate and hopefully my schedule will become more clear by the end of the week.

Thats good enough for me! Thanks brandonfl!

For any that come to support me, if you ever need anything creative like I'm your man! (within reason of course)
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sadly, I have do disagree. There is a reason not to come. TeamSpeak is required.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    not sure if i can be on during the time. so, if i'm on and anywhere a fed-, rom-, or klink tac is needed feel free to pm me (@MrWastee) :).

edit: just saw parker signed up a team, so may i'm also in there.... dunno yet, let's see what happens ;D.
  • g0h4n4g0h4n4 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry Frontiers, but because you have implanted restrictions on ships you can fly with factions and also made ground mandatory I am unable to participate at this time, as just entering the first round would not be doing you a favour since I will be dropping out later anyways.

Having faction restriction will limit your participants and I won't be the only one to voice this. As a romulan will be limited for Sci ships, when every man and his dog has a recluse/ palisade/ recluse e.t.c?
    Now found frequenting MWO short term and then Star Citizen long term. Raged Quit PVP long ago
    - Gohan (House of Beautiful /Sad Pandas)
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is simply this rule set:

No Scramble Sensor with DOFFs
    No Graviton Pulse
    No TIF
    No Yellowstones and Elite Orion Intercepters
    No D'Kora EMP

I thought there is some ship and console faction limitations in place as well... which is the reason I didn't register for it to tell the truth.
  • ussenterpisezussenterpisez Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Is there a restriction on consoles ect, if not I cud probs put together 1 or 2 teams...

I thought certain ships couldn't run certain consoles ect.

If there is, put me down for any pug team
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    The rules for this event are:

- The Temporal [Console - Universal - Tipler Cylinder] granting Temporal Backstep, cannot be used on more than 2x vessel.
    - The Elachi [Console - Universal - Subspace Integration Circuit], cannot be used on more than 1x vessel.
    - The Klingon [Console - Universal - Graviton Pulse Generator], cannot be used on more than 1x vessel.
    - All classes must be represented, and no class may have more than two members fielded.
    - No Yellowstone
    - No (D'Kora) EMP used with a2b.
    - TeamSpeak required & access to gateway.
    - Players are permitted to FLY ANY SHIP, in accordance with the above rules.

There is no ground for the opening event.

Yes, after this event players fly factional ships (with console restrictions), but once they have upgrades in place they can fly lockboxes and use certain consoles.

.... factions are the point of territory control. I have split them into the factions BECAUSE 90% of the population would be FED otherwise.

Its really just a process of balancing and "eventual" unlock of things so that there is some balance in place.

But lets see who pitches-up. More than this I cannot do - the rest I leave to faith.
    edited January 2014
    It is simply this rule set:

No Scramble Sensor with DOFFs
    No Graviton Pulse
    No TIF
    No Yellowstones and Elite Orion Intercepters
    No D'Kora EMP

I thought there is some ship and console faction limitations in place as well... which is the reason I didn't register for it to tell the truth.

Basically yes. See my post above.
    edited January 2014
    Is there a restriction on consoles ect, if not I cud probs put together 1 or 2 teams...

I thought certain ships couldn't run certain consoles ect.

If there is, put me down for any pug team

Your support would really be appreciated. Its PvP.
  • verusisraelverusisrael Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm kinda in the same boat as a few other people where I just dont have a reliable enough work schedule to for sure sign up. I'm on call on the weekends so I could be pulled away at a moments notice. I really hope this project gets the support it deserves tho. I am really excited to see it succeed.
  • starfleetownsallstarfleetownsall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sadly, I have do disagree. There is a reason not to come. TeamSpeak is required.
    You do need teamspeak but you dont need to talk, just being able to listen
    g0h4n4 wrote: »
    Sorry Frontiers, but because you have implanted restrictions on ships you can fly with factions and also made ground mandatory I am unable to participate at this time, as just entering the first round would not be doing you a favour since I will be dropping out later anyways.

Having faction restriction will limit your participants and I won't be the only one to voice this. As a romulan will be limited for Sci ships, when every man and his dog has a recluse/ palisade/ recluse e.t.c?
    He made restrictions so that he would make this balanced, and making ground mandatory actually makes the tournament fair because its a barely touched in pvp.
    Task Force Spectre, Legion of Spectre, and House of Spectre is recruiting!
    I watch the only good STO podcast STOked Radio
    Want to learn more about any of the above? Let me know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • agentsorchusagentsorchus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So what sort of numbers do you need? And for what factions? Cause while you say you need more I feel that the additional info would help.

(I have a couple of viable character/ship set ups, but A) don't generally PVP and B) it sounds like you need whole teams more than anything else)
  • jpf2012jpf2012 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sign me up

gorn of the dead tac bug
    edited January 2014
    So what sort of numbers do you need? And for what factions? Cause while you say you need more I feel that the additional info would help.

(I have a couple of viable character/ship set ups, but A) don't generally PVP and B) it sounds like you need whole teams more than anything else)

My goal is at least 3 teams (5x players) per faction!

Currently the Feds are pretty well represented.

3 Stages in the tournament:

Stage 1 - Sudden Death. (Loser knockout)
    Stage 2 - Round Robin. (All teams play each other. Teams with highest accumulative wins go through)
    Stage 3 - Final

(If there are any tournamanet organiser/ score guru's that can offer a better system please help!)

The Romulans and KDF are looking bleak and the rest too actually.

(NOTE: After this first tournament players do not have to support the faction they played as - they can change! Its just to get the ball rolling.)
    edited January 2014
    jpf2012 wrote: »
    Sign me up

gorn of the dead tac bug

AWESOME Gorn! The KDF thought we lost you!
    edited January 2014
    And GREAT THANKS to all for the positivity of the replies here. This is community spirit!

Its about coming together, risking something new and just going with it.

Hell if it flops who cares really LOL.

We will never know until with throw-up up our reservations and say, "To hell with it. I'm going to have fun. Grab my BOP or Galaxy and just go with it."
  • starfleetownsallstarfleetownsall Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My goal is at least 3 teams (5x players) per faction!

Currently the Feds are pretty well represented.

3 Stages in the tournament:

Stage 1 - Sudden Death. (Loser knockout)
    Stage 2 - Round Robin. (All teams play each other. Teams with highest accumulative wins go through)
    Stage 3 - Final

(If there are any tournamanet organiser/ score guru's that can offer a better system please help!)

The Romulans and KDF are looking bleak and the rest too actually.

(NOTE: After this first tournament players do not have to support the faction they played as - they can change! Its just to get the ball rolling.)
    I would suggest basically what they have at the world cup, but also in the playoffs if anyone loses in that once they go to the losers bracket, them having their own playoffs and the winner of that plays the winner of the winners bracket(the original playoffs). so basically double elimination. im going to have to look into this system more
    Task Force Spectre, Legion of Spectre, and House of Spectre is recruiting!
    I watch the only good STO podcast STOked Radio
    Want to learn more about any of the above? Let me know!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    There seems to be some confusion and even misconception around the use of ships by factions.

The use of Lockbox ships, Lobi Store Ships, and Special Ships are NOT PROHIBITED for use by ALL Factions. >

1.) Building or upgrading a Starbase unlocks the use of these ships within a certain range of the starbase. Grade A Starbases cover an entire Sector block folks.

2.) Upgrading the System Defense Rating unlocks the use of certain number of cross-faction consoles. (http://stofrontlines.businesscatalyst.com/building.html)

Only in areas less secure, and not covered by a Starbase, are folks forced to fly factional ships with ship console limitations. (http://stofrontlines.businesscatalyst.com/factions.html)

So, its not really a limitation at all if you consider the nature of SB's and their range of control.
    edited January 2014
    I would suggest basically what they have at the world cup, but also in the playoffs if anyone loses in that once they go to the losers bracket, them having their own playoffs and the winner of that plays the winner of the winners bracket(the original playoffs). so basically double elimination. im going to have to look into this system more

Hi mate - something like this?

Sorry this is my first tournament so lots to figure out!
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I would like to join. What day and time?

(Sunday the 19th, I hope)
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • dirtyharib0dirtyharib0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You don't have me down but I will be on Parkers team in so form or another
    edited January 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I would like to join. What day and time?

(Sunday the 19th, I hope)

Oh Roach it would be great if you do, its on the 18th Saturday :(
    edited January 2014
    You don't have me down but I will be on Parkers team in so form or another

Awesome - why not fill out the registration in the meantime?
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Was looking through I may sign up as Terrain Sci, also Mirror Ha'nom is a Sci ship not a Cruiser. Fyi, I think there may be some other errors there as well regarding the ship classifications. I don't suppose there's a Ronin style class signup?
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
    edited January 2014
    p2wsucks wrote: »
    Was looking through I may sign up as Terrain Sci, also Mirror Ha'nom is a Sci ship not a Cruiser. Fyi, I think there may be some other errors there as well regarding the ship classifications. I don't suppose there's a Ronin style class signup?

Thanks mate. After the tournament I will be revisiting the ship page and do a rework.
    edited January 2014
    Sorry I'm still a bit confused on the first tourney rules.

We can rule any ship right?

If this is the case are consoles limited to the ship list
    #(that's not being used this time around). Or can we run any console due to the relaxed playable ship rules??

For example can I use a jump console, on a Fed Cruiser?
    The rules say only KDF in Raiders, Destroyers, ect.

Yes I need jump to win :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Sorry I'm still a bit confused on the first tourney rules.

We can rule any ship right?

If this is the case are consoles limited to the ship list
    #(that's not being used this time around). Or can we run any console due to the relaxed playable ship rules??

For example can I use a jump console, on a Fed Cruiser?
    The rules say only KDF in Raiders, Destroyers, ect.

Yes I need jump to win :P

Relaxed rules for Special Events :)

Ship + consoles unlocks come afterwards. I want folks to pvp. Not qq :)

So:

The RULES for this STO Frontlines Special Event is as follows (the Special Events are special occasions where people can just come together to have some fun):

- The Temporal [Console - Universal - Tipler Cylinder] granting Temporal Backstep, cannot be used on more than 2x vessel.
    - The Elachi [Console - Universal - Subspace Integration Circuit], cannot be used on more than 1x vessel.
    - The Klingon [Console - Universal - Graviton Pulse Generator], cannot be used on more than 1x vessel.
    - All classes must be represented, and no class may have more than two members fielded.
    - No Yellowstone
    - No (D'Kora) EMP used with a2b.
    - TeamSpeak required & access to gateway.
    - Players are permitted to fly any ships, in accordance with the above rules.
    edited January 2014
    Awesome, I'll try and get a team or two together.

Failing that I'll get as many Pandas / Friends to join up as possible (as pugs). That should create a few mixed teams XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    Awesome, I'll try and get a team or two together.

Failing that I'll get as many Pandas / Friends to join up as possible (as pugs). That should create a few mixed teams XD.

Awesome and thanks!

Our Romulan, and Doms and KDFS looking downright skimpy :)