test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea on low lvl weapon looks...

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
Idea.. Z-Store or some other store, Mk1 personal weapon looks for higher gear weapons? Like the Mk1 phaser sniper rifle is my favorite looking gun in the whole game. The Mk12 version looks like a giant glowing fish stick... >.> Why cant we use the lower lvl looks of guns at endgame?

For me at least, I hate the endgame ground weapons looks. Not counting rep weapons. All the cool ones are at low lvls. :(
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think there was a thread about this last week.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    majorsmoker420majorsmoker420 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol a glowing fish stick.

And yes, it would be nice to have an option. How about later on down the road in season 10 they give us the ability for weapon customization, a sort of "work bench" could be on your ship, create a new room, call it "The Armory". Here you will have a weapons cache, a separate bank used specifically for ground gear and weapons. Then you can not only buy weapons but have the ability to buy special weapon mod parts, in turn this should also give you the ability to change the look of the weapon as well. But please, no camo, i feel that may be taking things a little too far.

Also, with doing that, it should change the way the game functions, because in the end the only real things that would change are the stats and look of the weapon in question.

Perhaps this could be an idea for one of the functions of the foundry in a future update.
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    lol a glowing fish stick.

And yes, it would be nice to have an option. How about later on down the road in season 10 they give us the ability for weapon customization, a sort of "work bench" could be on your ship, create a new room, call it "The Armory". Here you will have a weapons cache, a separate bank used specifically for ground gear and weapons. Then you can not only buy weapons but have the ability to buy special weapon mod parts, in turn this should also give you the ability to change the look of the weapon as well. But please, no camo, i feel that may be taking things a little too far.

Also, with doing that, it should change the way the game functions, because in the end the only real things that would change are the stats and look of the weapon in question.

Perhaps this could be an idea for one of the functions of the foundry in a future update.

But even the jedi have rednecks, why cant we? i am all for ridiculous camo.

But more so i am all for removing stupid glowy bits that make no sense and have no need.
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well I agree... The weapons could use a overhaul, but if they got it, they'd likely end up in the Cryptic Store.

I mean, we don't want to see actual weapons in the C-Store, do we?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Well I agree... The weapons could use a overhaul, but if they got it, they'd likely end up in the Cryptic Store.

I mean, we don't want to see actual weapons in the C-Store, do we?

:eek: Oh god. Weapon Costume packs :(
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How about this:

TMP-Era Design for Low Tiers
    TNG-Era Design for Mid Tiers
    Nemesis Era Design for Tier 4 - Low Tier 5
    STO Era = Tier 5+
  • Options
    defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    How about they give us simple weapon transmutation, slap a dilithium price tag on there and be done with it.

Though I think this has been requested quite a few times already it would be nice just to be able to not have those awful* blue holo-doohickey things on high tier phasers.

*Subject to my opinion, your mileage may vary.
    I agree. Too many Mk XI/XII guns look like toy guns.

I know that the games are developed by different teams, but it would be nice if the devs could ask the guys over at Neverwinter for some hints on how to implement skin changes for weapons.