test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Space set is useless

Comments

• ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The shield is a bit useless, however 3 piece dyson and fleet shields is quite good, because 30k shield penetrating proton barrage is great at killing other people. And the 2 piece bonus is great in pvp
    jFriX.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I'll give the Dyson set a try once i get my new storage unit a.k.a. breen raider.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • larphoidlarphoid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    After going thru the stats, in this case, it would seem that the OP is better of with the borg set because of the hull healing/regen abilities. Furthermore, the description for the shield, "... It offers a very high regeneration rate and enhanced resistance to all energy damage types. When you suffer damage while shields are down your ship's shields will receive a massive shield regeneration effect over 2 seconds and become resistant to further damage for a short time." This also has nothing to do with the massive hull damage from the voth.

And who says this set is supposed to be for combating the voth ? You can only get the last piece at the end of the dyson rep, so you would have fought the voth many a time before being able to aquire it. And after aquiring it, you wouldn't have to fight them ever again :D

So, not all new things have to be better. Before persuing these things, consider all stats and procs, and if it suits your needs, aquire it.
  • ghyudtghyudt Member Posts: 1,112 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, I encountered a similar issue in one of the omega stf's. I had been using the aegis set on my galaxy R (I know, not the ideal choice for most, but it works well for me). Anyway, I entered the queue, got started, and for some reason my shield would not stop hardly any damage. I was taking plasma radiation damage out the wazoo and there was no explanation for it. Even the heavy plasma torps were slicing through shields like they weren't there. I was 1 shotted twice. So I went back to esd, logged out for the night. Came back the next day, and everything was back to normal. Didn't die once. Its like the devs went and changed some of the settings and switched them back the next day. Maybe a bug or glitch? I would suggest trying again and seeing what happens.
  • chrismullins1987chrismullins1987 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got it and reverted MACO set or MACO/Elite Fleet combo as I did not find it helped me in the limited times I fought the Voth after I aquired the set. I am a little disappointed with the set not being a better refined defence against Voth enemies, but as I collect all item sets regardless so I don't have to use it I am pretty stocked on alternatives.
    I'll just stick it on one of my many ships as it would do for PvE if I wanted to bring it out of retirement.

To those who feel they wasted Dyson Marks on it I would say forget about it. What else is there to spend it on by the time you reach T5?
    What I would be more annoyed about it the wasted 32.5k Dil! ;)
  • ameristamerist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, at least I guess it looks neat.
  • omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not a fed, but I finally have the Dyson Regenerative Shield Array and I love it.

I will say its best for Sci heavy Fleet Cruisers.

I'm in a Fleet Corsair, so I have 5 enigeering boff powers, 5 sci boff powers, I use Gravimetric Torps as well so I really benifit from the Sci focus of the set, but I have enough innate hull and hull resistance that I can hull tank too. I don't use borg or maco shields as I don't do STFs. Using Attract Fire I can get on average 49 percent real hull resistance, I have 3 hull healing powers, and I generally aviod firing at the wrong side of a Voth's shields, and my hull points are 52,000, so Voth hull melting only kills me if I do something stupid, which sadly does occur sometimes.

So with that a minor issue at best, the dyson shields work fine for me, I don't have sci shield capacity, but I have the next best thing, fleet cruiser 1.1 shield capacity.

To be fair the Fleet Orion Interceptors help my defences too, with weapon and engine draining.

I find they're surprisingly good in PVP and agianst Borg.

I guess the closest thing the Feds have to the Fleet Corsair is the Fleet Star Cruiser or the Bastion Voth Flight Deck Cruiser, both of which would go well with this shield. So would the surprisingly tanky Deep Space Science Vessel.

Also you feds don't deal much with the antiproton loving Feklri, to which this shield is a nightmare (they don't deal direct to hull damage like the Voth).

I guess the closest the Feds come to a fleet corsair is .
  • evilbsg62evilbsg62 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    that warp core is sick. its what i use on my tac atm. because i like it over some of my other choices atm
    Section 31Lane/Jeffjr/Varek @jeffjr USS Stadi/USS Grendel/USS AshigaruDreadnought Class Refit / Avenger Class Refit/Rhode Island Class Refit"With your shield or on it"/"Mors venit ad omnes."/"One with courage is a majority"https://www.youtube.com/@jeffjr84
  • lotusteadragonlotusteadragon Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I knew I should have chosen the Warp Core instead of the omnidirectional antiproton beam. I shelved that sucker pretty quickly later on. Now I wish I had the warp core, as it might have been better.
    Lotus_Tea_Dragon_STOBanner_Sig150x500.jpg
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Sorry - wasn't my intention, but facts are facts. This isn't the only thread pertaining to this and many of us are finding the Dyson shield underwhelming. It's not TOO bad against the Voth to be fair, but I am of the opinion that the Elite Resilient, with Antiproton resistance, does the job better, and is more versatile.

That's the problem. Elite Fleet Shields render the majority of the game's shields pointless. Stupid game design by Cryptic.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • hereticknight085hereticknight085 Member Posts: 3,783 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Dyson Set is interesting... not useless, but it requires some thinking about what to do and when/where to do it. I have found that the whole set is decent for fighting the voth (don't kill me yet), because when you're up against a whole horde of the buggers, your shields pretty much never go down. Course I am also running two fleet neutroniums, which keeps my hull up, and I am constantly hitting Aux2SIF (which heals up and provides additional hull resist values), and whenever I get hit by a GW, I just hit BFI.

However... outside of fighting the Voth, I have really only found it useful against the Undine (because they use AP)... and tbh, there is never a point where you are under fire from enough Undine ships to make it's obscene regen capabilities worth it.

Against the Borg... um... yeeeeah... Not the best idea. Assimilated Set or go home XD. Ironically it's also useless in PvP, but that's for different reasons (tbh most shields are now more or less a "doesn't matter" for PvP because of the ridiculous bleedthrough and kills through shields... I mean 90% of my deaths were with full shields...).

Long story short, it's not useless, but it's not an insta win button either.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The main problem with it, as other posters already said, is that the original STF sets are pretty much the only ones that are "competative" really. MACO, KHG and Assimilated or a combination is the end-all set for the gameplay we are confronted with. Add the power creep magic fleet gear to that which basically made one single shield rule ALL of them. And if everything Cryptic will do to advance the game is introduce enemies with more hull hp then this won't change.

So the shallow gamedesign really makes it hard for anything new to find it's place. STO is completely designed to statisfy basically a handfull of cookie cutter builds and that won't change unless they come up with any kind of content demanding something other than dealing damage against 5 million hull point bricks with insta-kill attacks.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • kingstonalankingstonalan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The main problem with it, as other posters already said, is that the original STF sets are pretty much the only ones that are "competative" really. MACO, KHG and Assimilated or a combination is the end-all set for the gameplay we are confronted with. Add the power creep magic fleet gear to that which basically made one single shield rule ALL of them. And if everything Cryptic will do to advance the game is introduce enemies with more hull hp then this won't change.

So the shallow gamedesign really makes it hard for anything new to find it's place. STO is completely designed to statisfy basically a handfull of cookie cutter builds and that won't change unless they come up with any kind of content demanding something other than dealing damage against 5 million hull point bricks with insta-kill attacks.

yeah, i came real close to buying the voth set....but after studying the stats, I just don't see it worth getting if I already own the Elite Fleet Shield and Borg 2 piece Engine/Deflector :mad:

I'd say to make this set competitive, merge set powers 2 and 3.... and for the 4th bonus add 10% AP damage and an "autonomous hull repair" like ability.

Only then, would I think of grabbing this set
    edited January 2014

That's because when they did finally introduce NPCs that were actually intelligent with their abilities and actually were a hell of a lot smarter... the PvE crowd threw up a HUGE rage-storm. Am I the only one that remembers "Hell Week" fondly?

For those of you who don't know what "Hell Week" was, it was the final week of S6, the one right before the release of S7, during which the NPCs in ALL of the STFs and the majority of other current end-game content (current for that time period) were smarter, stronger, and overall much nastier. They were blowing cannon-scorts away, and even giving engi-cruisers survival issues. They played smarter, used their abilities actually wisely instead of just spamming them, actually flew smarter (as in positioning and torpedo timing were evident), and were overall much MUCH nastier than the Voth.

It was glorious. And what did the PvE crowd do? Q.Q-kachoo all over the forums, to the point where Cryptic had to completely remove ALL of those wonderful AI and gameplay upgrades, giving us back the moronic NPCs we now have the... chore of slaughtering.

You know that 10k, 20k, and 30k DPS crowd? The self-proclaimed "kings" of STFs? Yeah. Even THEY wouldn't survive those NPCs. Buuuut no.
    It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once. B)
  • nickx9nickx9 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's because when they did finally introduce NPCs that were actually intelligent with their abilities and actually were a hell of a lot smarter... the PvE crowd threw up a HUGE rage-storm. Am I the only one that remembers "Hell Week" fondly?

For those of you who don't know what "Hell Week" was, it was the final week of S6, the one right before the release of S7, during which the NPCs in ALL of the STFs and the majority of other current end-game content (current for that time period) were smarter, stronger, and overall much nastier. They were blowing cannon-scorts away, and even giving engi-cruisers survival issues. They played smarter, used their abilities actually wisely instead of just spamming them, actually flew smarter (as in positioning and torpedo timing were evident), and were overall much MUCH nastier than the Voth.

It was glorious. And what did the PvE crowd do? Q.Q-kachoo all over the forums, to the point where Cryptic had to completely remove ALL of those wonderful AI and gameplay upgrades, giving us back the moronic NPCs we now have the... chore of slaughtering.

You know that 10k, 20k, and 30k DPS crowd? The self-proclaimed "kings" of STFs? Yeah. Even THEY wouldn't survive those NPCs. Buuuut no.

I would love to see those back :( I even enyoed Speres and their EpTE woohoo. Atm you can do most PvE blindfolded , you know where they are, what they will do and when, its booring as hell.

Voth try to fight back and I like fighing them the most, before I went up against Tholians for fun ( yea I cal challenging fight fun one )

We all got laizy , everyone wants to do STFs and other content as fast as possible, get theirs share of Loot and move on

I say Scale AI dificulty, but Scale rewards accordingly and everyone is going to be happy, otherwise none will do mission that takes 30min if it rewards are same as one that takes 5
    edited January 2014
    nickx9 wrote: »
    I would love to see those back :( I even enyoed Speres and their EpTE woohoo. Atm you can do most PvE blindfolded , you know where they are, what they will do and when, its booring as hell.

Voth try to fight back and I like fighing them the most, before I went up against Tholians for fun ( yea I cal challenging fight fun one )

We all got laizy , everyone wants to do STFs and other content as fast as possible, get theirs share of Loot and move on

I say Scale AI dificulty, but Scale rewards accordingly and everyone is going to be happy, otherwise none will do mission that takes 30min if it rewards are same as one that takes 5

Imagine Spheres with 200k hp and 20k shield facings (like they do now), only they don't fire a torp until your shields are down, and they constantly hit you with those Borg Tachyon Beams (basically a tachyon beam 3 on steroids), and they only hit EptE3 once you start hitting buffs. Also imagine Spheres that actually redistro their shields... Those were the weakest enemies you could fight during hell week.

The strongest were the boss class enemies. Imagine Donatra, only she cloaked less often, but only cloaked once enough debuffs were on her. Imagine her being extremely creative with her positioning and also doing back to back CRFs and TS3s. Add in DPB3 with hellishly powerful photon mines. That was Donatra on a good day. And when she went PMS bat-**** insane... well your whole team died. Period. Even those Zombie tac cubes were very powerful. They were intelligent with their BFAWs and THYs. It was glorious.

Closest enemies now are the Voth, and I agree, they are wonderful to fight. Too bad all NPCs aren't that much fun.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Yeah, I remember that. I actually don't remember them acting much smarter, but I do remember the EPtE spam of the spheres. I liked it, as it just CHANGED something. But if you do something like this you cannot continue playing the game in such a lethargic way and your end-to-all build might not work anymore, so, yeah, massive ragefest. It's a shame, really. Especially if you look at the big picture: The majority of players don't want ANY kind of change, everything should just stay the ay it is so we can continue the lethargic grindfest to get new stuff that we either scrap immedeatly or use to continue the lethargic grind to get more stuff... does nobody actually want to PLAY a GAME?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I want some of this post in the queues right NOW.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't remember the lead-up to S7 being quite so hard, and I was literally playing up until the server went offline.

Having said that, eSTFs were still hard back then. Now, well, you can finish ISE in less than five minutes with the right team. So... yeah.
  • sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've gone through several combinations with my JHAS, but I always come back to the borg XII engine and deflector with my elite resilient shield. The only other shield that comes close is the MACO/Adapted KHG. As as far as sets go, the MACO/Adapted KHG is the best all-around set in the game IMO.
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, I remember that. I actually don't remember them acting much smarter, but I do remember the EPtE spam of the spheres. I liked it, as it just CHANGED something. But if you do something like this you cannot continue playing the game in such a lethargic way and your end-to-all build might not work anymore, so, yeah, massive ragefest. It's a shame, really. Especially if you look at the big picture: The majority of players don't want ANY kind of change, everything should just stay the ay it is so we can continue the lethargic grindfest to get new stuff that we either scrap immedeatly or use to continue the lethargic grind to get more stuff... does nobody actually want to PLAY a GAME?

Your brain probably got numbed into nothing by those lame NPCs we have now... Man I loved hell week...
    I want some of this post in the queues right NOW.

Not happening. Literally a few days after S7 came out, remember the 3 or 4 server roll-backs they did? The first one was legit problems, major crashes, fatal errors, etc. The second one was to apply a few major bug-fixes. The 3rd one though... that was a HUGE ninja coding roll-back. Under the guise of improving stability through a restart and a few bug removals, they removed ALL of the upper level NPC coding that had been input. Literally overnight the NPCs went from being monsters that were actually fun to fight to the lame-brain pitiful excuses we have to deal with now.

One of my friends even spoke with one of the coders, who said that they were incredibly proud of what they had done with the NPCs, but were FORCED to roll the programming back to early S6 due to the huge unpopularity of the changes. Most of the threads complaining about the "super hard" NPCs and a few of my "you guys are wimps" threads have all been deleted. But they were there, and it happened.

But they won't be coming back. The PvE playerbase has too many scrubs who want to face-roll in their ships, regardless of what the content is, whether or not it says ELITE being a null point. Can I bring your attention to Hive Onslaught Elite? Yeah. It got nerfed practically into oblivion due to care-bear casual players who wanted the elite rewards for less than normal efforts. There is a reason it says ELITE. It was originally designed for hardcore players who actually knew the game well, and knew how to build things and do things properly. But no. Nerf it so your average Joe can do it too. Someone who hasn't spent time and effort making their ships effective.

RIP Hell Week NPCs and HOE. And hopefully you aren't rolling over in your graves with what's been done to your legacy.
  • roubiniroubini Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    zelzxe wrote: »
    You must have no defensive skills or just don't know how to use them. As far as the sets are dyson is actually slightly better than assimilated. Let's take a look at these sets side by side:

(Info direct from sto-pedia, I'm using assimilated mk xii to compare. http://sto.gamepedia.com/Assimilated_Borg_Technology; http://sto.gamepedia.com/Dyson_Joint_Command_Technologies)

Deflector Array

Assimiliated
    +5 Auxiliary Power
    +26.2 Starship Structural Integrity
    +17.5 Starship Inertial Dampers
    +17.5 Starship Graviton Generators
    +26.2 Starship Power Insulators

Dyson
    +17.5 Starship Shield Emitters
    +26.2 Starship Structural Integrity
    +17.5 Starship Power Insulators
    +26.2 Starship Particle Generator

Results
    • The + 5 aux on assimilated doesn't do TRIBBLE
    • Both carry the same hull hit points
    • The dyson gives your gravity well more kick than the assimilated (26.2 to 17.5)
    • assimilated grants a higher resist to energy drain (26.2 to 17.5)
    • Here is your key difference: assimilated grants resist to holds (17.5) whereas dyson adds more shield healing (17.5). Holds are extremely easy to break (polarize hull/attack pattern omega)

Winner: A tie. The +5 aux and hold resist can be useful in ways more than shield healing can (especially for someone who doesnt have OPO or PH slotted)

Engines

Assimilated
    +5 Engine Power Setting
    +13 Flight Speed
    +11.2 Flight Turn Rate
    49 Sector Space Transwarp (Approx Warp 14). Max speed modified by Driver Coil skill.
    +16.5 Full Impulse Flight Speed
    Full Impulse
    All Power to Engines
    +110.2 Flight Speed
    Diverts all power to engines

Dyson
    +2.5 Shield Power Setting
    +2.5 Engine Power Setting
    +2.5 Auxiliary Power Setting
    +15 Flight Speed
    (Efficient at Low Power Levels)
    +6.4 Flight Turn Rate
    +16.5 Full Impulse Flight Speed
    Full Impulse
    All Power to Engines
    +110.2 Flight Speed
    Diverts all power to engines

Results
    • Dyson has shield power, auxiliary power and engine power (2.5 each) as opposed to assimilated's engine power (5).
    • Dyson has +15 flight speed to assimilated's +13
    • Assimilated has +11.2 turn rate opposed to Dyson's +6.4
    • Full Impulse is same

Winner: Dyson because it has 2.5 more power points than assimilated and its power spread is in good spots

Shield

Assimilated
    +5 Shield Power
    4927.5 Maximum Shield Capacity
    (10% Bleedthrough)
    256.6 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds
    Reduces Plasma Damage to Shields by 15%

Dyson
    4,927.5 Maximum Shield Capacity
    (10% Bleedthrough)
    273.8 Shield Regeneration every 6 seconds
    Reduces All Energy Damage to Shields by 10%
    Reduces Antiproton Damage to Shields by 20%
    When receiving damage while a shield facing is depleted, 100% chance to apply:
    Hyper Regenerative Shield Array
    +1,200 Shield Regeneration per facing
    Reduces Damage to Shields by 67% for 10 sec

Results
    • Both have same base capacity and bleedthrough
    • Dyson has higher regen
    • Assimilated has +5 shield power and 15% reduction of plasma damage to shields opposed to Dyson's reduction of all energy damage by 10%, reduction of antiproton damage by 20% PLUS the regenerative shield array

Winner: Dyson because it is painfully obviously better, there is just no denying

Warp/Singularity Core

Assimilated
    LOL, they really should put one in for a four piece

Dyson
    Warp Core
    +7.5 additional Shield Power
    (Bonus increases at low Shield Power
    +5 additional Shield Power
    (Allows your Shield Power to exceed 125)
    Maximum Warp Factor 10
    +17.5 Starship Electro-Plasma System
    (Improves Power Transfer Rate)
    Adds 7.5% of your Weapon Power to your Shield Power as bonus power
    50% Reduced Cooldown on Transwarp
    +0.2 Slipstream Speed bonus
    __ Starship Impulse Thrusters
    (Improves Speed and Turn Rate)
    (Based on 20% of your Starship Driver Coil skill)
    Shield Capacitor
    +273.8 Shield Regeneration
    +15 Shield Power Setting for 10 sec
    Repairs disabled shields

Singularity Core
    +5 to 15 Shield Power, based on your Singularity charge level
    Maximum Warp Factor 10
    +17.5 Starship Electro-Plasma System
    (Improves Power Transfer Rate)
    50% Reduced Cooldown on Transwarp
    +0.2 Slipstream Speed bonus
    __ Starship Impulse Thrusters
    (Improves Speed and Turn Rate)
    (Based on 20% of your Starship Driver Coil skill)
    Singularity Shield Capacitor
    Drains your Singularity power to augment your Shield Power.
    +28.1 Shield Regeneration
    Gives up to 30 Shield Power based on your Singularity level.
    Repairs disabled shields

Results
    Both are pretty good cores (fleet is better compared side by side but these go to the 4 piece)

Set Bonuses

Assimilated
    Set 2: Autonomous Regeneration Sequencer
    Set 3: Multi-Regenerative Shield Array

Dyson
    Set 2: Shielded Critical Systems
    Set 3: Proton Barrage
    Set 4: Reactive Shielding

No I am not putting the full explanation of bonuses down, you can refer to sto-pedia links above.

Results
    This will compare the similar abilities in the sets.
    • Proton Barrage vs Tractor Beam - the barrage is far more useful because of the buff stripping, shield ignore and more burst damage than the tractor beam BUT you have to point the nose of your ship at just the right angle to maximize it's potential, because of that I will give a tie here
    • Regeneration Sequencer/Regen Shield Array vs Reactive Shielding/Shield proc - Hull heal and procced shield regen/cleanse vs Shield heal and guaranteed dmg reduction to shields - Both are viable, I have both on two different toons
    • Dyson gets additional +20.3 Starship Inertial Dampeners and +20.3 Starship Power Insulators, which is more shield/energy drain resist and more hold resist

Winner: Dyson has only a very slight edge over Assimilated and thats only with the 4 piece. If you really want to find yourself unkillable and able to do good damage their are better options to go with for example an escort/torp boat to use adpated maco engines/deflector and maco shields or a beam boat to use assimilated engines/deflector and maco shields

Overall thought
    This is just from my personal experience but the dyson set seems to lean heavily towards science toons, in fact its what I run on my science toon. The more buffed shield and damage that ignores shields is to good to pass up, in fact the entirety of the dyson rep seems to lean heavily towards science and shield pass through with a strong emphasis on boosting the players shielding and resists. Hope you all enjoyed my look at the two sets side by side.

A month later, we are still finding this analysis useful. Thanks again!

It's just "Dr Doom" Roubini
    Refugee from those other games!
  • bobiwanbobiwan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    f2pdrakron wrote: »
    They didnt acted smarter outside hugging the gate after the generators were destroyed and they were dumber as they didnt know when and how to use EptE.

What we had as Sphere going all over the place, not a actual improvement since its a AI and they are restricted to what abilities they have.

Spheres dont even have torpedoes so its not if they would fire them at any point, Cubes were largely unchanged since they lack EpT abilities to use.

Except it affected all NPCs and guess who also have EptE (and also have EptW)? Raptors that just made them far too dangerous considering they are a common enemy on Klingon Front that are level 1 to 20 when you are using a Tier 2 ship.

I hope you arent one of those weird people that because they finished story missions believe they no longer matter.

As for the rest ... what you want? if you have people loaded with Rep abilities using Fleet and Lock Box ships with Fleet and Rep gear that is going to happen but the ones that are new characters that are working on the rep system?

I dont recall getting 100,000 Fleet Credits when getting lv 50 nor getting 100,000 Dilithium and 5 million EC to spend, the bar is lv 45 characters using Mk X gear since thats were they come from and because all systems are equal and their sets equal inferior to STF sets this leads to the differences of power.

I dont like when people act as if everyone here have the exact type of skill and the exact same access to gear, we dont ...
    Hello Care Bear. We were speaking of 'Elite' STF's, which you cannot even run until 50, and SHOULD be difficult.

ah who am I kidding, this is indeed pissing in the wind. You just want your faceroll easy, as do the majority, pointless now really. Sad.
    Your brain probably got numbed into nothing by those lame NPCs we have now... Man I loved hell week...

Not happening. Literally a few days after S7 came out, remember the 3 or 4 server roll-backs they did? The first one was legit problems, major crashes, fatal errors, etc. The second one was to apply a few major bug-fixes. The 3rd one though... that was a HUGE ninja coding roll-back. Under the guise of improving stability through a restart and a few bug removals, they removed ALL of the upper level NPC coding that had been input. Literally overnight the NPCs went from being monsters that were actually fun to fight to the lame-brain pitiful excuses we have to deal with now.

One of my friends even spoke with one of the coders, who said that they were incredibly proud of what they had done with the NPCs, but were FORCED to roll the programming back to early S6 due to the huge unpopularity of the changes. Most of the threads complaining about the "super hard" NPCs and a few of my "you guys are wimps" threads have all been deleted. But they were there, and it happened.

But they won't be coming back. The PvE playerbase has too many scrubs who want to face-roll in their ships, regardless of what the content is, whether or not it says ELITE being a null point. Can I bring your attention to Hive Onslaught Elite? Yeah. It got nerfed practically into oblivion due to care-bear casual players who wanted the elite rewards for less than normal efforts. There is a reason it says ELITE. It was originally designed for hardcore players who actually knew the game well, and knew how to build things and do things properly. But no. Nerf it so your average Joe can do it too. Someone who hasn't spent time and effort making their ships effective.

RIP Hell Week NPCs and HOE. And hopefully you aren't rolling over in your graves with what's been done to your legacy.
    I am saddened I missed that honestly. This thought that a fresh 50 in lv45 gear mashing space is supposed to be able to do the hardest content the game has to offer is what kills this game.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Remember the discussion on nightmare mode a couple months back?

Maybe they could just do this.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited January 2014
    Remember the discussion on nightmare mode a couple months back?

Maybe they could just do this.

Here's what's going to happen:

Nightmare mode with epic rewards created.

Players play nightmare mode. Good hardcore players get rewards. TRIBBLE freebie casual players get smashed.

TRIBBLE freebie casual players complain that Nightmare mode is too hard, and they aren't getting any rewards, instead being demolished.

Good hardcore players explain how to beat nightmare mode and what is needed.

TRIBBLE freebie casual players complain that they have real lives (or some other excuse that is just as lame) and that they can't get what is needed. They also complain that they are just as much a part of this game as the good hardcore players, and as such deserve the same epic rewards.

Freebie players continue to get smashed in nightmare mode. They continue to complain, instead of actually learning how to do things. Complaints add up.

Huge forum threads created about how unfair nightmare mode is. More and more TRIBBLE freebie casual players add in their ignorant and uninformed opinions.

Good hardcore players add in their knowledgeable and good advice and are summarily shouted down by TRIBBLE freebie casual players. Good hardcore players give up and go back to beating nightmare mode.

Cryptic gains a heart and nerfs nightmare mode. TRIBBLE freebie casual players get rewards and finally shut up. Good hardcore players complain that nightmare mode is too easy.

Apocalypse mode proposed...

I think you see where this is going.
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The PvE playerbase has too many scrubs who want to face-roll in their ships, regardless of what the content is, whether or not it says ELITE being a null point. Can I bring your attention to Hive Onslaught Elite? Yeah. It got nerfed practically into oblivion due to care-bear casual players who wanted the elite rewards for less than normal efforts. There is a reason it says ELITE. It was originally designed for hardcore players who actually knew the game well, and knew how to build things and do things properly. But no. Nerf it so your average Joe can do it too. Someone who hasn't spent time and effort making their ships effective.
    As one of those aforementioned 'casual players', lemme just say I completely agree. Quite frankly, if I crank things up to elite and can survive, much less actually complete things, then something is *way* wrong. I don't have time to spend hours coming up with perfect builds, or grinding for the best gear. And I'm quite OK with that.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Here's what's going to happen:

Apocalypse mode proposed...

Ok, so you have this utterly batshi+ insane Level Ultimate play mode. Make it INVITE ONLY. In order to gain access you need a X0,000 DPS build, you need to have reached certain accolades in Normal and Elite mode, you have to score perfect on three qualification missions, and you need to maintain. If you get face-planted more than X times in a given period (say two days) you are ejected and have to re-qualify.

This keeps out the people who can't learn, won't learn and makes it interesting for those of you who demand the very best.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,173 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I had been using the Borg set for quite a while and always returned to it after buying other sets. I have been using the full Dyson set for a few days now. Overall I personally feel it is far better than the Borg set. I have now retired my Borg set to my bank.

I think what it boils down to (other than personal choice) is ship load outs.
    edited January 2014
    themarie wrote: »
    Ok, so you have this utterly batshi+ insane Level Ultimate play mode. Make it INVITE ONLY. In order to gain access you need a X0,000 DPS build, you need to have reached certain accolades in Normal and Elite mode, you have to score perfect on three qualification missions, and you need to maintain. If you get face-planted more than X times in a given period (say two days) you are ejected and have to re-qualify.

This keeps out the people who can't learn, won't learn and makes it interesting for those of you who demand the very best.

But you know if you make it like that, then those same people will then complain that they can't qualify, blah blah blah, my entire post all over again.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I won't be putting any of that stuff on my ship. I was not to happy with this rep at all. Not enough space stuff for us sky happy Captain's.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).