What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (January 9, 2014) [Complete!]

2»

Comments

• ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    nccmark wrote: »
    I believe some of you are misunderstanding what *Any* means in this context. It means that you didn't specify (for example) any quality, and you want to see Any of them (common, etc.)

If you list a specific quality, instead of letting it say Any, you won't have an issue when seqrching the exchange without typing a name.
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    As I read it, the aforementioned measure is to stop people searching without specifying anything whatsoever.

A confirmation/clarification would be nice.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Known issues ---> Only 2 lines. Seriously cryptic???????? where are the other 80% of the bugs that need to be solved???

Ridiculous patch, as always. And only almost focused to voth ships (the ones that u can gather wasting zen on master keys of course... :D) and dyson. Yeah almost the event calendar is fixed, but what the hell that was a must to fix.

The most important things are not fixed again. Every update throws 30 % of more bugs, and only 5% of the bugs are solved from previous updates. I guess u guys knows what this is going.. anyways, cant say good job cryptic. I guess the team is still on vacations??

Thanks for fixing the events calendar cryptic, u are making a really great job :rolleyes::cool:

Anyways, pwebranflakes, thank you for posting here the progress. I am willing to think you are the only one working in this area?? xD. That tells me a lot about cryptic, anyways xd.
  • rowan79rowan79 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Do we have ANYthing about what is causing this white texture of doom when changing maps alot? If this has been answered it would be nice to get a link to the post, since a search of my own accord has come up with nothing.

"Do you know what power is? Power is control of men who are lesser than you."
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Our weekly scheduled maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for fixing the Tal'kyr ^^
    I finally bought a D'kyr on my federation so I can get the Tal'kyr on my reunificationist Romulan, and it's nice that the ship isn't invisible :p

I just wish I could have gotten the D'kyr too...And chosen the Romulan interior for the Tal'kyr I think it'd fit better.
  • captaingalaxy1captaingalaxy1 Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Known issues ---> Only 2 lines. Seriously cryptic???????? where are the other 80% of the bugs that need to be solved???

Yeah a lot of players including myself have used the "Bug Report" option many times and bugs I have reported back when I started playing STO in 2012 have still not been fixed.

I have missed out on this years famed "Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider" because of a bug where the project did not appear when the store was unlocked. - Very disapointing

Probably best not to put the known issues in or rename it to "Known Common Issues" instead

But thanks anyway for the fixes included in this recent patch.

Hopefully more resources will be devoted to bug fixing before any new major content is released.

Thanks Brandon for the patch notes
    "Omega Class will prevail she cannot be defeated!"
  • mackermomomackermomo Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I always read the "known issues" and laugh a little. It seems the last bug report I submitted was number 2 million and something. Don't know when Cryptic started counting bug reports, but looking at the state of the game, I'd guess they started in 2013.

BTW, I wasn't implying that the folks at Cryptic didn't deserve a Christmas break. Companies like Cryptic have to set priorities regarding use of available manpower. My frustration with this little patch was with the lack of priority given to bug fixes. That's why I stated I would rather have more bug fixes than an event for 4th anniversary.
  • devdvddevdvd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Blame Cogent, the providers, not Cryptic. Whatever packet loss Cogent is experiencing is not Cryptic's fault.

If they use Cogent then it's a wonder the servers work at all. As far as providers go, Cogent ranks up there as one of the worst.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    My only complaint is getting booted from the server when it isn't my inet's fault. Though I'm sure a lot of people have this same problem.

Only really annoying in the middle of a mission, though.

Oh, and the glitch with Cutting the Cord. If you get booted for any reason other than respawning, you can't complete the mission unless you drop it and restart it. Plus, at the part where you're supposed to get the command code, if you respawn, you can't call any additional help, which makes that battle all the more difficult.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • my1alts2alt3my1alts2alt3 Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hopefully more resources will be devoted to bug fixing before any new major content is released.

Don't listen to them! The ONLY way to make things better is to introduce MORE revenue code and get rid of whats left of that buggy game code! Its that buggy game code that is the real problem here. So glad who ever it was that coded the original game code is now left the company. How dare they NOT write revenue code. Star Trek always was and always will be about how much money we can generate for the game owners, cause that's what is really important here, profit. Galactic Consumerism Rules! Star Trek has taught me that the whole galaxy is a huge mall where I can buy any shiny blinky cooing thing I want, I just have to imagine it and some store somewhere will sell it. Thank You Star Trek! for teaching me the true meaning of Consumerism.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited January 2014

80%? How about 99.9999999%!

I keep calling for a "bug bash", but PWE doesn't seem to want to do that.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. Due note that this is not happening "at" our severs, but during the hops your ISP uses to route you to our servers. All is good on our end/ everything we can control. Please see my reply here for more info. I hope it resolves for you soon!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that this is more than likely also why the devs are having a hard time reproducing the LOSS OF TEXTURES bug that has been plaguing so many of us. Perhaps if they ventured out beyond good old cogent and joined the rest of the bottleneck they would finally be able to see what the rest of us AREN'T seeing lol.
  • edgecrysgeredgecrysger Member Posts: 2,740 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    80%? How about 99.9999999%!

In fact my initial thought was.. "what about the thousands of bugs that are still there?". But well i got confused and i wrote only 80%, xD. I probably meant 99..
  • suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Don't forget they've been on holiday for two weeks. Can't get anything fixed if you're not in the office.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Maintenance is now complete.
    See you ingame!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited January 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.