test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider

ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Klingon Discussion
I approached the winter event with the intent of adding the Grett to my KDF fleet. A few days later I though it prudent to have another alt also run the winter even to see what the Raider was like even though I had no intentions of adding it to the fleet.

Today I finally unpacked the Grett and gave it a spin in Tau Dewa. So disappointing. No matter how I adjusted the build it just would not fit my play style. All those races every day, what a waste of time.

As an afterthought I unpacked the Raider. I took it for a spin in Tau Dewa...

BOOM
BOOM
BOOM

This ship rocks! I've never blown things up so quickly before. When things went wrong no need to cloak just hit the Sensor Disruption Field and dive once more into the breech.

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
Post edited by ficr on

Comments

• Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So, if I may ask, whats your build?
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    ficrficr Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    So, if I may ask, whats your build?

That's the point. It wasn't the build it was the ship. I spent weeks on my Grett build to see it disappoint. With the Raider I just quickly through together a modified Heghta build and expected it to crash and burn without a cloak.

Tactical: Dispersal Pattern Beta III (Nukara Web Mine)
    Science: Gravity Well (2 Plasma Dual Heavy Cannons)

...Nothing special about the build. The difference was the flanking bonus. Also the Sensor Disruption Field allows you to fight or flight. My expectations were low so I kept on going when the going got rough and it turned out to be a good day to die...for them!

Ex-CoH players, Please add the chat channel "CoX STO"
  • Options
    nobletnoblet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Strange. The breen cruiser is a solid ship. It should have comparable dps to the raider, while being sturdier. The turn rate is also up there, works with dhcs easily.
  • Options
    blessedladyboyblessedladyboy Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Any notice the raider being a lot slower than its described .21 impulse mod? Should be faster than my bop but its no way near.
  • Options
    kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Not saying the raider isn't better, I get mine tomorrow, but the Chel is a beast when set up right.

Try something like: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/index.php?build=kimmypvemobius_5664

That is a Mobius, but there is no reason a Chel couldn't do the exact same thing.
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • Options
    m0ralesm0rales Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I just got my Plesh today, used the same build as in my Heghta before and...was really disappointed. Even though the Plesh has 2 more Tac consoles than the Heghta, it couldn't provide the same DPS, not even with the flanking bonus. My Rom Scimi is also able to deal more DPS, with less innate weapon power bonus. I'm going to test a bit more and try other configurations, but actually I don't know what to change as the components are all the same:

First A2B- DOff Layout, CRFIII and APBII attack skills
    Equipment: DHC Romulan Plasma XII, 2-piece Borg set, Honor Guard Shield, Plasmonic Leech, Zero Point Console, Borg Console+Cutting Beam

So far I don't know why I did Fastest Game on Ice over 200 times for all my toons...

Edit: In the last ISE the Raider performed as expected, delivering critical hits with 12k+. I don't know what happened in the STFs before, but now the DPS output is quite satisfying... :D
  • Options
    johankreigjohankreig Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I built mine as a Grav Well/torpedo bomber, its frigging lethal, I am using the new protonic polaron weapons alongside transphasic torpedos and the voth rep torps. its great, i run in, drop a grav well, sling out torp spreads of either sing torps or brean rapid reload trans torps, and popping off the odd cluster torp, its great for hit and run, I have a dual beam bank on the front and 2 beam arrays on the back for when i am turning around for a new run.
    Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
  • Options
    beclourbeclour Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think one of the main problems some people have getting this ship to perform is that they run aux2bat on it. This isn't a bort or some fed cruiser. Its a race car, drive it like one.

I run aux2damp with DBBs and this thing is an absolute beast. I hit 172 turn rate once :)

Just crank the throttle to 100% and never touch it again. Its a whole new experience in game!
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    TRIBBLE Aux2batt. I went all canons with rapid fire and cannon spray. Jesus christ can I put out some sustained fire. With amount of tac consoles, i went pure polaron, was able to get all polaron weapons[haven't done rep grind on my rom toon yet] two prefires, two polaron damage increasing mods and went to work.

Just chomp through things.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1