test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bug with the DOFF roster

cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have discovered a bug with the DOFF roster user interface that has caused some confusion with some players.

If you select a DOFF profession, like say for example biologist, in the roster menu, and then switch to a character that does not have any biologists in the roster, then the roster will appear completely blank on the second character. Since the second character does not have a biologist, then you cannot even deselect biologist from the roster menu because the roster menu only shows DOFF professions that the characters has in his roster. The only way to fix this is to hit the "reset" button in the roster menu.

I realize that this is a minor bug and that players can fix it with the reset button, but some players who may not know about this workaround may become extremely frustrated. I have seen several players who may have been affected by this bug asking for help on the DOFFJOBS channel, and they were quite frustrated. Unfortunately, I just discovered the answer to their problem and was unable to help them in time.

Thank you for reading this.
Post edited by cabezadetortuga on

Comments

• Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Yep this is an old and well known problem that has been around since we could narrow our searches for doffs. Good to know for some newer players who may have missed this in the past.
  • Options
    cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    paulyman wrote: »
    Yep this is an old and well known problem that has been around since we could narrow our searches for doffs. Good to know for some newer players who may have missed this in the past.

:o

Oh, sorry if I brought up an old subject. I should have searched better.
  • Options
    smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    :o

Oh, sorry if I brought up an old subject. I should have searched better.

Hey it was news to me, I just put it in my non-gamebreaking bugs list of minor annoyances and let it ride. (It's a v.long list btw)
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!