test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pls add T5 connie look alike to the cash shop

Comments

• rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2014

You post on a public forum and expect people not to comment ?

Y'know what , fine Im done lol , have fun
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rrincy wrote: »

You post on a public forum and expect people not to comment ?

Y'know what , fine Im done lol , have fun

Of course you can comment. Just not sure why you spent so much effort trying to argue with me though. I mean I'm asking Cryptic to add a ship to the cash shop, not you.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The problem is that you are asking for a C-Store ship that is completely identical to a ship that was given for free.

I personally, don't see what the problem is with temporarily joining a fleet. It just requires a Fleet with a Tier 3 Shipyard and tons of Fleets have at least that. Also, if you have been playing for any significant amount of time at level 50, then you should have enough Fleet Marks and other resources to help out the Fleet and get the Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit. The only reason for not temporarily joining a fleet is some misguided principles.
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    The problem is that you are asking for a C-Store ship that is completely identical to a ship that was given for free.

I personally, don't see what the problem is with temporarily joining a fleet. It just requires a Fleet with a Tier 3 Shipyard and tons of Fleets have at least that. Also, if you have been playing for any significant amount of time at level 50, then you should have enough Fleet Marks and other resources to help out the Fleet and get the Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit. The only reason for not temporarily joining a fleet is some misguided principles.

Actually I'm not. I fully expect them to spice some thing up just as they did with every other cash shop ship. Also cash shop ships are account wide.
  • abfabfleetabfabfleet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be nice if you would add a cash shop version of this ship (like you did for the odyssey).

This would also help appease a lot of players asking for a T5 tos connie. Sure, it may not actually be a tos connie, but it looks a lot like one (at least more so than any other T5 out there)!

Thx.

I would really like it if the Connie is turned into either 1 of the following:

A) The Goodyear Blimp

OR

B) The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man from 'Ghostbusters'

Totally for entertainment purposes, otherwise just retire this ship.:rolleyes:
    edited January 2014
    abfabfleet wrote: »
    I would really like it if the Connie is turned into either 1 of the following:

A) The Goodyear Blimp

OR

B) The Stay Puft Marshmellow Man from 'Ghostbusters'

Totally for entertainment purposes, otherwise just retire this ship.:rolleyes:

The connie is essentially retired already. I mean who uses the tos connie in late game? That's why I'm not talking about the connie, but the T5 "look-alike" (I think a lot of people just doesn't like this word lol, but it really looks like it to me, at least amongst the other T5s in the game) that is already in game.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    And if you squint real hard, you'll see that I already said the fleet ship is already in-game. :)

Yes, but you keep acting like it's impossible to obtain, which is not the case at all. What you want is already in the game, get one or don't.
  • earlnyghthawkearlnyghthawk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There is already a T5 connie look alike in the game.

Unfortunately, the non-fleet version was a 3 year anniversary ship that's no longer available (support cruiser) :
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=809331

There is also a fleet version, but not much use if you're not in a fleet (ambassador class) :
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Support_Cruiser_Retrofit

It would be nice if you would add a cash shop version of this ship (like you did for the odyssey).

This would also help appease a lot of players asking for a T5 tos connie. Sure, it may not actually be a tos connie, but it looks a lot like one (at least more so than any other T5 out there)!

Thx.
    Umm, there is NO way that thing looks like a Constitution. It most closely resembles a Galaxy class cruiser.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
    Temperance Brennan, "A building"
    edited January 2014
    Yes, but you keep acting like it's impossible to obtain, which is not the case at all. What you want is already in the game, get one or don't.

Where did I say it's impossible to obtain?

There is an anniversary one (which you can't anymore) and a fleet one (which obviously you can if you were in a fleet). But not everyone is in a fleet nor want to join a fleet. And adding a cash shop version will appeal to that segment. Even if I own a fleet version, I still think they should add a cash shop version because I know it will likely have a variation that might be more appealing.
    edited January 2014
    Umm, there is NO way that thing looks like a Constitution. It most closely resembles a Galaxy class cruiser.

Well out of all the T5s out there, it looks by far the most similar. My main purpose was to ask Cryptic to add this ship to the cash shop, and not to say it's a carbon copy of tos connie. Unfortunately everyone is all hung up on that. To ME, it looks a lot like the connie, hence my description. But that's really not the point of this thread.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Where did I say it's impossible to obtain?

You imply it when you keep ignoring that people go into NOP Public Service and find a fleet that will let them join long enough to buy the Fleet Support Cruiser And. Then. Leave.

-headdesk-
    -headdesk-
    -headdesk-
    edited January 2014
    You imply it when you keep ignoring that people go into NOP Public Service and find a fleet that will let them join long enough to buy the Fleet Support Cruiser And. Then. Leave.

-headdesk-
    -headdesk-
    -headdesk-

Said it countless times. Cash shop versions are account wide. Fleet versions are not. Also, even if I own a fleet version, I still think they should add a cash shop version because I know it will likely have a variation that might be more appealing.

Not sure what your problem is. I'm asking cryptic to consider adding a cash shop version. What does this have to do with you?? They've added lots of cash shop versions of existing ships already. Why would this request be so outrageous?
    edited January 2014
    Actually I'm not. I fully expect them to spice some thing up just as they did with every other cash shop ship. Also cash shop ships are account wide.

A C-Store ship requires a unique console and a unique look. Due to all the Cruiser ship costumes in the game, it is difficult to create a new ship costume for the Enterprise-C that isn't too similar to another ship costume.

Besides there are tons of other unique ships that need to be added before another variation, especially KDF and Romulan ships. IMO, we have enough canon Starfleet ships and variations of those canon Starfleet ships and new Starfleet ships should be purely Cryptic creations.
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    A C-Store ship requires a unique console and a unique look. Due to all the Cruiser ship costumes in the game, it is difficult to create a new ship costume for the Enterprise-C that isn't too similar to another ship costume.

Besides there are tons of other unique ships that need to be added before another variation, especially KDF and Romulan ships. IMO, we have enough canon Starfleet ships and variations of those canon Starfleet ships and new Starfleet ships should be purely Cryptic creations.

Your first comment is silly. So you think they're not gonna add any new cruiser ships to the cash shop now?

There are other ships, but there's no T5 ship that looks as close to the connie as much as this one. With all the TOS connie fans out there, I suspect this would become very popular.
    edited January 2014
    Anyways gotta go for now, I'll reply to new stuff tonight or tomorrow.
    edited January 2014
    Your first comment is silly. So you think they're not gonna add any new cruiser ships to the cash shop now?

There are other ships, but there's no T5 ship that looks as close to the connie as much as this one. With all the TOS connie fans out there, I suspect this would become very popular.

As far as your stated reason of "It's a Connie-look-alike", no, I doubt it will be very popular, as so far, you're the only one that's stated that it has any resemblance to that class of ship (or it's refit version, the Enterprise class).

Now as to whether they should add a C-store version of it altogether, that'd be like asking for a C-Store version of the Assault Cruiser. Or the Star Cruiser. Or "Insert type of ship that's already there as a base & a fleet version). Only in a few cases, do I see both a free, a C-Store, and a fleet version/variant.

Now, don't get me wrong, if they add in an Ambassador variant into the C-Store, am I going to cry and/or get mad? Heck no, more variety is good. But to push for it to be added in, based on "what it looks like", when so far, you're the only one seeing that resemblance, is kind of spurious thinking.

As an aside, adding something about that size, at least, is getting away from the trend of seeing more & more super-size-it ships that have been added here in the last year or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • valrobertson93#5365 valrobertson93 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Already answered. Because many players are not in fleets. Cash shop version means more cash for Cryptic and more choices for players.

The thing you don't seem to understand is that from Cryptic's point of view, this already is a C-store ship. If you want it, it'll cost you $20. Plus, you have to go through the troubles of earning it through a fleet.

And yes, the VAST majority of players are in a fleet. Don't believe me? Look around the next time you're in game. If you find someone who ISN'T in a fleet, I'll bet you that 9 times out of 10 they're a Lieutenant.

...that'd be like asking for a C-Store version of the Assault Cruiser...

CoughcoughRegentcough ;)
    The Valiant Valerie
  • abystander0abystander0 Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    This thread is fairly amusing.

I'll bite anyway.

Cryptic will not do it. Plain and simple. You (and maybe a small handful of others) are the only one interested in this. It is not in Cryptic's or the player base's interest to invest any resources into doing this, when there are many other things out there that need attention, and as you mentioned...
    IT IS ALREADY AVAILABLE IN THE GAME.

MANY others have posted the suggestion of getting the fleet version. Let me ask you this. How many characters would you honestly use this ship on?

Join the NoP Public Service channel and get the fleet version. It's really simple.

If you are stuck on getting a ship that is similar to the Constitution class Enterprise, take a serious look at the Excelsior. It has what you need: There was an Enterprise of this class, it has a T5 Cstore version and a fleet version, it was featured in the TOS movies, It was in the TNG and DS9, and its a great looking ship that has handles very well with a very good bridge officer layout.

How you got the idea that the Ambassador looks like the Constitution, I don't know.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    CBS already said no to a T5.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You want an answer to your request, Moose? Look at the 500+ page long Galaxy thread. Where's their answer? Either stick to the Tier 3.5 Ambassador you got for free, or TEMPORARILY join a fleet, buy T5 Fleet Ambassador, LEAVE THE FLEET, rinse, and repeat for all your alts. The Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought is never going to happen, the Galaxy will suck forever, CBS will bail out the US Government and ALL of it's citizens before okaying a T5 Connie, and there will never be a C-store Ambassador. The sky is blue, the grass is green, we breathe air, and drown if we try to breathe water without giving up.

As to the rest of you, you might have better luck just giving the same responses to him over and over. Literally, copy and paste. Something will eventually get through. :)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
    edited January 2014
    sevmrage wrote: »
    You want an answer to your request, Moose? Look at the 500+ page long Galaxy thread. Where's their answer? Either stick to the Tier 3.5 Ambassador you got for free, or TEMPORARILY join a fleet, buy T5 Fleet Ambassador, LEAVE THE FLEET, rinse, and repeat for all your alts. The Fleet Galaxy Dreadnought is never going to happen, the Galaxy will suck forever, CBS will bail out the US Government and ALL of it's citizens before okaying a T5 Connie, and there will never be a C-store Ambassador. The sky is blue, the grass is green, we breathe air, and drown if we try to breathe water without giving up.

As to the rest of you, you might have better luck just giving the same responses to him over and over. Literally, copy and paste. Something will eventually get through. :)

Lol, it's not working with amalefactor, not sure if it would work with this guy. (Then again, I haven't tried the literal copy/paste thing........)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sevmragesevmrage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I figure if everyone just gives him literally the same canned answer, Maybe he'd understand.

"Join a fleet. Buy the T5 Ambassador. Leave the fleet."

Over and over and over and over and over again. I'm still honestly not sure if OP is a troll or not. He's using some half-decent troll characteristics. I've studied this kind of thing.
    Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
    khayuung wrote: »
    Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
  • gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Just buy a Vesta. It has the same classic federation configuration with the added bonus of being an actual good ship.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Join a fleet. Buy the T5 Ambassador. Leave the fleet.

:)
    Go pro or go home
    edited January 2014
    As far as your stated reason of "It's a Connie-look-alike", no, I doubt it will be very popular, as so far, you're the only one that's stated that it has any resemblance to that class of ship (or it's refit version, the Enterprise class).

Actually I'm not the only one. In fact what got me to post here to begin with was because I was talking with a few friends about how connie-like that ship looked. Unfortunately they did not want to post here cause they don't like the forum drama (and quite frankly seeing the rather toxic comments here, I think they're the wiser :) ).

I've also been contacted by a few people since I started this thread who agreed with me but suggested I don't bother replying anymore because the "internet bullies are going to drag you through the mud".

It's unfortunate that these forums are so populated with toxic individuals that many are intimidated to post or speak freely here. :(

Anyways, yes I really do think the resemblance is there.

You honestly don't see any similarities between this (the T5 "look-alike" in question) ..
    Ambassador.jpg

and this (tos connie)?
    USS_Enterprise-A_quarter.jpg
    Now, don't get me wrong, if they add in an Ambassador variant into the C-Store, am I going to cry and/or get mad? Heck no, more variety is good. But to push for it to be added in, based on "what it looks like", when so far, you're the only one seeing that resemblance, is kind of spurious thinking.

Again, I'm not the only one. <See above comments.>
    edited January 2014
    baudl wrote: »

:)

I'll reply to this one only since this is basically saying the same as what the past few replies were saying without the personal attacks.

Yes, I read and understood this the first time and also replied to it several times already. While it is an option, many ships have multiple options as well. Hence the request for Cryptic to consider adding it in. Look at the Odyssey - they have the anniversary version, the cash shop version, and the fleet version. Cash shop versions tend to have their own spiced up variation and are account-wide.

Oh and to answer another poster, no I don't expect Cryptic to come here and reply to this thread, lol.
  • valrobertson93#5365 valrobertson93 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'll reply to this one only since this is basically saying the same as what the past few replies were saying without the personal attacks.

Yes, I read and understood this the first time and also replied to it several times already. While it is an option, many ships have multiple options as well. Hence the request for Cryptic to consider adding it in. Look at the Odyssey - they have the anniversary version, the cash shop version, and the fleet version. Cash shop versions tend to have their own spiced up variation and are account-wide.

Oh and to answer another poster, no I don't expect Cryptic to come here and reply to this thread, lol.

The Valiant Valerie
    edited January 2014
    You honestly don't see any similarities between this (the T5 "look-alike" in question) ..
    Ambassador.jpg

and this (tos connie)?
    USS_Enterprise-A_quarter.jpg

That is not the Connie. That is TMP Connie. The Connie is this. Whenever anyone mentions the Connie, people will believe it to be TOS Constitution not the Constitution Refit. So unless a person states TMP Connie or the Connie Refit, then people will always assume it is TOS Connie.
    edited January 2014

For the Odyssey, the Fleet version is the Anniversary version. So there is only 4 versions of the Odyssey, the 3 C-Store Odysseys and the free version.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Could have sworn my anniversary Odyssey has only 9 consoles. The fleet version has 10 so we have free one, c-store one and fleet one.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles