test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pls add T5 connie look alike to the cash shop

mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Federation Discussion
There is already a T5 connie look alike in the game.

Unfortunately, the non-fleet version was a 3 year anniversary ship that's no longer available (support cruiser) :
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=809331

There is also a fleet version, but not much use if you're not in a fleet (ambassador class) :
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Fleet_Support_Cruiser_Retrofit

It would be nice if you would add a cash shop version of this ship (like you did for the odyssey).

This would also help appease a lot of players asking for a T5 tos connie. Sure, it may not actually be a tos connie, but it looks a lot like one (at least more so than any other T5 out there)!

Thx.
Post edited by mightymoose on

Comments

• mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mightmoose,

There are and never had been any T5 Connie's in the game. CBS has told Cryptic "NO" to that many times. The best you can get is the T2 C-store "Exeter" class.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That is the ambassador class aka the enterprise C
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • mightymoosemightymoose Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Mightmoose,

There are and never had been any T5 Connie's in the game. CBS has told Cryptic "NO" to that many times. The best you can get is the T2 C-store "Exeter" class.

I know, that's why I called it a look alike. I'm asking that the T5 connie look-alike that I linked be added to the cash shop. :)

Right now there's an anniversary version of the ship and a fleet version of the ship. I'm asking for a cash shop version of the ship.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If you are calling the Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit a T5 connie look-alike, then there is the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit which is a C-Store ship. Seriously, the Enterprise-C looks closer to the Enterprise-D than the Connie.
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    If you are calling the Fleet Support Cruiser Retrofit a T5 connie look-alike, then there is the Exploration Cruiser Retrofit which is a C-Store ship. Seriously, the Enterprise-C looks closer to the Enterprise-D than the Connie.

I just checked the ship you mentioned and it doesn't look much like the connie. The middle looks flat. Anyways I tried to rename the title but it won't let me. The ship I linked is by far the closest visually to the tos connie (amongst T5s), at least to me. :)
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Consitution Class

Ambassador Class

The two look nothing alike other than they both have a saucer, neck, engineering section, stanchions, and nacelles.

The Ambassador looks more like the Galaxy class as it was the stepping stone starship between the Galaxy and Excelsior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
    edited January 2014
    Consitution Class

Ambassador Class

The two look nothing alike other than they both have a saucer, neck, engineering section, stanchions, and nacelles.

The Ambassador looks more like the Galaxy class as it was the stepping stone starship between the Galaxy and Excelsior.

Amongst all the T5s out there, I find it looks by far the closest. Like I said before, I tried to change the title a little, but it won't let me. However, the actual text in my first post should convey clearly what I'm asking for.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I know, that's why I called it a look alike. I'm asking that the T5 connie look-alike that I linked be added to the cash shop. :)

Right now there's an anniversary version of the ship and a fleet version of the ship. I'm asking for a cash shop version of the ship.

What is the difference between a "look alike" and the actual thing? If you are asking simply for an optional Connie skin to overlay and existing ship (by say using holoemitters), I think the answer from CBS would still be "HELL NO".
    edited January 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    What is the difference between a "look alike" and the actual thing? If you are asking simply for an optional Connie skin to overlay and existing ship (by say using holoemitters), I think the answer from CBS would still be "HELL NO".

The look-alike is already linked in the first post. And it's already in the game.
  • davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The look-alike is already linked in the first post. And it's already in the game.

have you not been reading the other posters? That is NOT a Constitution. It doesn't even look like one! That is the Ambassador class. It is a backwards evolution from the Galaxy-class Enterprise-D.

I call it a "backwards" evolution because the Galaxy model was designed before the Ambassador model. Several sources state that the Enterprise-B was assumed to be an Excelsior-class before that was made official in Star Trek: Generations. The Ambassador was suppose to be the midway design between the older Excelsior and the newer Galaxy. Constitution was no where involved in the design process.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes
  • valrobertson93#5365 valrobertson93 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm sorry, but the Ambassador and Connie look nothing alike. If you like it and it reminds you of a Connie, then good for you. You're not gonna convince the vast majority of us that it looks like a Connie though.

A fleet ship will still cost you about $20, so for all intents and purposes it is a cash shop ship. If being in a fleet is an issue, shoot me a PM and I'll get you into my fleet and help you get enough credit to earn access to the ship shop. It'll only take you a couple of days.
    The Valiant Valerie
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think the guy just wants an Ambassador Class c-store ship.

I don't really care if he thinks it looks like a Constitution. He's allowed his delusions ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    davidwford wrote: »
    have you not been reading the other posters? That is NOT a Constitution. It doesn't even look like one! That is the Ambassador class. It is a backwards evolution from the Galaxy-class Enterprise-D.

I call it a "backwards" evolution because the Galaxy model was designed before the Ambassador model. Several sources state that the Enterprise-B was assumed to be an Excelsior-class before that was made official in Star Trek: Generations. The Ambassador was suppose to be the midway design between the older Excelsior and the newer Galaxy. Constitution was no where involved in the design process.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~BranFlakes

It looks like you're the one who's not reading. I already said it's not the connie on my first post. That's why I refer to it as a look-alike and not the actual thing.

I refer to it as a look-alike because it looks like a tos connie to me more so than any other T5 out there. But it's only available as an anniversary ship or a fleet ship. That's why I'm asking for a cash shop version.
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited January 2014
    Why not just buy fleet modules and get the fleet one ?

There really isn't a point adding one to the C-store.
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
    edited January 2014
    I'm sorry, but the Ambassador and Connie look nothing alike. If you like it and it reminds you of a Connie, then good for you. You're not gonna convince the vast majority of us that it looks like a Connie though.

A fleet ship will still cost you about $20, so for all intents and purposes it is a cash shop ship. If being in a fleet is an issue, shoot me a PM and I'll get you into my fleet and help you get enough credit to earn access to the ship shop. It'll only take you a couple of days.

It's not account unlocked. :)

I'm not sure why there's all these strange replies. I'm just asking/suggesting Cryptic to add the ship I've linked to the cash shop. It's not like they haven't done it before with the Odyssey.
    edited January 2014
    rrincy wrote: »
    Why not just buy fleet modules and get the fleet one ?

There really isn't a point adding one to the C-store.

Why would there be no point? They did this with the Odyssey. More cash shop ships means more money for Cryptic and more choices for players. Everyone wins.
    edited January 2014
    Because there isn't a point to it . The version of the Odyssey class they added to the fleet store was the bog-standard one given out on the anniversary , whilst the version they added to the C-store was the pack version , with fleet ship stats.
    They went a different route with the Ambassador/ Yamaguchi , bypassing the store entirely and adding it directly to the fleet shops.
    The RA one wont be available again , it was for the event only.
    12th Fleet
    edited January 2014
    Because there isn't a point to it . The version of the Odyssey class they added to the fleet store was the bog-standard one given out on the anniversary , whilst the version they added to the C-store was the pack version , with fleet ship stats.
    They went a different route with the Ambassador/ Yamaguchi , bypassing the store entirely and adding it directly to the fleet shops.
    The RA one wont be available again , it was for the event only.

They can do the same thing and spice up the c-store version. So if there's a point to adding the Odyssey to the C-store, then there's a point adding this ship as well!
    edited January 2014
    Again, what would be the point.
    The ship you are wanting is already in the game , in the fleet shop . It even has a different skin and extra console compared to the standard RA Ambassador class. No-one would buy it when the superior fleet version is already available.
    12th Fleet
    edited January 2014
    Again, what would be the point.
    The ship you are wanting is already in the game , in the fleet shop . It even has a different skin and extra console compared to the standard RA Ambassador class. No-one would buy it when the superior fleet version is already available.

Already answered. Cash shop ships are account unlocks. Also many players are not in fleets. Cash shop version means more cash for Cryptic and more choices for players.
    edited January 2014
    And ?

You have to understand , Cryptic need to make money , why would they add a $25 shop to the C-store , when you can pay the same amount in $ for fleet modules and buy the superior fleet version .
    Sure it'd be more convenient for the player , but rather pointless for Cryptic to do.

The only reason it was done for the Odyssey / Bortas'qu , is because they are the respective factions flagships.
    12th Fleet
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Many players are not in fleets.

Which is why NOP Public Service exists. There's the path to your Connie "looks very vaguely alike, if you squint real hard" ship that's already in-game.
    edited January 2014
    And ?

You have to understand , Cryptic need to make money , why would they add a $25 shop to the C-store , when you can pay the same amount in $ for fleet modules and buy the superior fleet version .
    Sure it'd be more convenient for the player , but rather pointless for Cryptic to do.

Already answered. Because many players are not in fleets. Cash shop version means more cash for Cryptic and more choices for players.
    edited January 2014
    So cryptic should add something completely pointless to the C-store because some people can't join a fleet , buy a ship and leave it ?
    12th Fleet
    edited January 2014
    So cryptic should add something completely pointless to the C-store because some people can't join a fleet , buy a ship and leave it ?

No because Cryptic can make money off a segment of the playerbase that they otherwise would not. Seriously, why would they have Odyssey in the cash shop? They can spice up the cash shop version just as they did with the Odyssey.
    edited January 2014
    The only reason it was done for the Odyssey / Bortas'qu , is because they are the respective factions flagships
    12th Fleet
    edited January 2014
    The only reason it was done for the Odyssey / Bortas'qu , is because they are the respective factions flagships

Just because you say it is doesn't mean it is. Find a quote from Cryptic. Otherwise, its meaningless.

They added the ships because they wanna make money. Cash shop version means more cash for Cryptic and more choices for players. Win-win situation. :)
    edited January 2014
    Do your homework.

The Odyssey class came about from the design the next enterprise contest the game had
    http://www.startrek.com/article/dev-diary-design-the-next-enterprise

( The Bortas was designed alongside in-house )

That's why they got special treatment with being the first anniversary ship AND the first triple ship pack in the C-store.

The Ambassador class , long requested by fans of the ship , was an anniversary ship that went direct to fleet store a week or so after it's release.
    Now I don't work for cryptic , so I cannot say for definite why they didn't put it into the C-store , but what I can say , is that if you want an Ambassador , pony up for some fleet modules , because the chances of it being released into the C-store are very very slim indeed as long as the fleet version exists.
    12th Fleet
    edited January 2014
    Which is why NOP Public Service exists. There's the path to your Connie "looks very vaguely alike, if you squint real hard" ship that's already in-game.

And if you squint real hard, you'll see that I already said the fleet ship is already in-game. :)
    edited January 2014
    Do your homework.

The Odyssey class came about from the design the next enterprise contest the game had
    http://www.startrek.com/article/dev-diary-design-the-next-enterprise

( The Bortas was designed alongside in-house )

That's why they got special treatment with being the first anniversary ship AND the first triple ship pack in the C-store.

The Ambassador class , long requested by fans of the ship , was an anniversary ship that went direct to fleet store a week or so after it's release.
    Now I don't work for cryptic , so I cannot say for definite why they didn't put it into the C-store , but what I can say , is that if you want an Ambassador , pony up for some fleet modules , because the chances of it being released into the C-store are very very slim indeed as long as the fleet version exists.

What does your "homework" have to do with me?

I'm just asking Cryptic to add a ship to the cash shop. I'm not even sure what this has to do with you, lol.