test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is OP?

Comments

• kylephoenix3kylephoenix3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    100k dmg... in sto it means max 50k because you can stack so many defensive buffs, HoT its a joke. if u are unprepared its OMG ITS OP. HAX :D Ye i like to troll about it, but when i get these damage on me, im mostly unbuffed (defense buffs) but wait. But wait we love to see unkillable shield running cruisers or sci ships or whatever what makes 100k dmg to a joke or moderate dmg, oops he's shield just gone up to 100 from 50 in half a sec. Or omg my hull is 50% from 1 shot with all my holly resistances to shield+hull. ohh wait HE+AtS ohh im 100% in 3 sec nice. now i can wait 2 mins till he tries again but ill use my holly RSF+tss+empts rotating with empts, AtD, PH what the **** i have so many heals and resistances.... LOLSTO

Mini killd me a few times with 50k-70k dmg. but i have like 38k hull or so and like 12 resistances. I tell him **** you Mini, but he and me knows that lol why dont you using your heals, resistances?

Good Tank is OP. Good Tac is OP. STO PvP is OP.. no wait its TRIBBLE. SNB is OP. ok its OP for me but its not op against a good tank.

This game cant be ballanced. If Mini cant one shot ppl, he cant kill. Tank can tank a team if tac will be nerfed. Then again all tac will log sci alts, and pwn. Then nerf sci. Ok now all going to their eng, and noone kills just shooting at each other till all of the hardcore pvpers dieing from dehydratation. Lol.

All what i say, 100k is not much against a good "in action" tank. its not really 100k.

Tell me when you did or got 100k dmg when you or enemy was in full tank mode. that would be a good comparsion. Full Alpha vs Full Tank.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    High-spike is necesary when there is a high-tank to shoot at. It should be part of the game, but it should have more risk associated with it. In particular I do not like special combos that have to be assembled out-of-combat in cloak. That's bogus, because the spiker has no exposure to damage during the warmup period when they are otherwise at high-risk. That was always the problem with double-BO, the fact you had to be out-of-combat to pull it off, or else somebody would attack during assembly and TRIBBLE your combo.

IN GENERAL, sustained damage (pressure) is good, opportunity damage (spike) is good, healing is OP, stacking spikes out-of-combat is OP.
    edited January 2014
    I dont mind high-spike, I think its fine in the current model where there is high-tank to shoot at.

I do not like special combos that have to be assembled out-of-combat in cloak. That's bogus, because the spiker has no exposure to damage during the warmup period when they are otherwise at high-risk. That was always the problem with double-BO, the fact you had to be out-of-combat to pull it off, or else somebody would attack during assembly and TRIBBLE your combo.

IN GENERAL, sustained damage (pressure) is good, opportunity damage (spike) is good, healing is OP, stacking spikes out-of-combat is OP.

I understand you, but you know, there are some cruiser and sci ship ppl who stacking so many resistances, that not even a full team can kill em. The out of combat stack is the only way to kill such ppl. And against faw+dem **** too. And that high spike alpha still has high chance to miss, or just dont crit, but heals just stack up almost to the sky, and heals heal like a god.
    edited January 2014
    I understand you, but you know, there are some cruiser and sci ship ppl who stacking so many resistances, that not even a full team can kill em. The out of combat stack is the only way to kill such ppl. And against faw+dem **** too. And that high spike alpha still has high chance to miss, or just dont crit, but heals just stack up almost to the sky, and heals heal like a god.

NM this is not my business. All i will say, that tank mode is more OP than any spike. Tank will just lol at that. And thats not good.
  • bpharmabpharma Member Posts: 2,022
    edited January 2014
    Nerf is OP.

It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
    A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
    This is the last thing I will post.
  • borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    well if eventually these stupid +100k instapops get nerfed, obviously healing capability would need a cap too ...

im still more concerned about tacs boosting things they shouldnt boost. this thread wouldnt even exist if there were no 75k proton barrage or 100k rams, the devs didnt compare tac team to eng/sci team yet or apo to any other commander skill

if there is something to be nerfed, is tac skills
  • mindsharpmindsharp Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Premades are op, pugmades are op, two or three guys with the same fleet tag are op, teamwork is op.
    /sarcasm :D

Come back Gorn!!!
    Karrock/Karreck/Darth Karrock/Unspoken
    House of Beautiful Orions
    PUNISH THE FEDs
    edited January 2014
    well if eventually these stupid +100k instapops get nerfed, obviously healing capability would need a cap too ...

im still more concerned about tacs boosting things they shouldnt boost. this thread wouldnt even exist if there were no 75k proton barrage or 100k rams, the devs didnt compare tac team to eng/sci team yet or apo to any other commander skill

if there is something to be nerfed, is tac skills

STO is mmo. and all mmo sux because with higher level, you get more and more stupid abilities. I heard about 220k crit, not want to talk what did it or who did it, but it happend when there was no resistances in use. So 220k would not be 220 against resistance capper. it would be how much? like max 50k (shield+hull)? Its not much since tanks can have lot and i mean LOT shield HP and hull HP. Plus such high crit is very rare. And as i said, those hits can miss easy, and not always crit.
    So cap the crits, but then heals shields, hull, resistances need to be halfed, and then we are back where it started. If you cant instapop an ?bertank, then you wont kill it. Simple as that. We can troll about how OP crits are, but when you activate just a pair abilities, that instapop is just a big LOL. Ask those high critters to do 1 v 1 and try out their dmg 1. when you dont use anything 2. Use 1 or 2 abilities 3. use all your ?bertank ****.
    I did these tests and the 77k instapop was 20k-30k, and im not even tank. Im the worst pvper, and still i can avoid such TRIBBLE, then dont tell me its that big problem for someone who can tank a team with his fawdema2bOMGcruiser.

And most crits happening when you get hold by tractor. so dont let yourself stopped :D
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Another thing to consider - if TTK should be lengthened, as I think the devs put it, isn't it also correct that TTH (time to heal) should be lengthened similarly?

Yes, people can be instapopped under certain circumstances. However, note that people can be almost instahealed from 0 to 100 under certain circumstances as well. Thus, you could say it was 'balanced', in a weird sort of way.

Given that the objective is to lengthen the pace of gameplay to a more 'Trek'-like feel, damage should not be the only thing spread out - healing should too. If we only cap damage, kills are going to be much, much harder to get given the speed at which healing can take place.

P.S. The above is simply random theorizing. Open to discussion, but please go easy on the flambe.

Just some random thought, though - what would happen if critical hits did not do additional damage, but instead caused 'damage' to your ship ala injuries?
  • borgresearcherborgresearcher Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    STO is mmo. and all mmo sux because with higher level, you get more and more stupid abilities. I heard about 220k crit, not want to talk what did it or who did it, but it happend when there was no resistances in use. So 220k would not be 220 against resistance capper. it would be how much? like max 50k (shield+hull)? Its not much since tanks can have lot and i mean LOT shield HP and hull HP. Plus such high crit is very rare. And as i said, those hits can miss easy, and not always crit.
    So cap the crits, but then heals shields, hull, resistances need to be halfed, and then we are back where it started. If you cant instapop an ?bertank, then you wont kill it. Simple as that. We can troll about how OP crits are, but when you activate just a pair abilities, that instapop is just a big LOL. Ask those high critters to do 1 v 1 and try out their dmg 1. when you dont use anything 2. Use 1 or 2 abilities 3. use all your ?bertank ****.
    I did these tests and the 77k instapop was 20k-30k, and im not even tank. Im the worst pvper, and still i can avoid such TRIBBLE, then dont tell me its that big problem for someone who can tank a team with his fawdema2bOMGcruiser.

And most crits happening when you get hold by tractor. so dont let yourself stopped :D

heck, tacs are even the better at pve ... why cant the devs see the problem in this game ...
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thread summary, and direct answer to title of thread:

Whatever kills me, must be OP, because I am a special snowflake that is not allowed to die no matter what.
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • one4theagesone4theages Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I dont pvp anymore. Devs and player base is the biggest factor. But ill say this, we have a skill tree for a reason. Yet we can't resist the bs t4. Web mines can't be resisted either. Really???? Ground damage in space??? And now flank damage in space. Yet another ground skill put in space......and here the devs said they can't do stuff like this. Yet they have......so the whole excuse we can't have pvp and pve skill specs is bogus.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what is OP? A KDF Romulan in a grumba and all Spire CRTD consoles. This guys lance took out every ship he targeted with one shot. I think when KDF get the CRTH consoles we are going to be seeing a lot more Grumbas flying around.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what is OP? A KDF Romulan in a grumba and all Spire CRTD consoles. This guys lance took out every ship he targeted with one shot. I think when KDF get the CRTH consoles we are going to be seeing a lot more Grumbas flying around.

How in the world does a KDF Romulan fly a Guramba?
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Indeed the goomba ship can't be piloted by a romulan.. unless something is bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
    edited January 2014
    There was a bug that let roms get the steamrunner ship, yes the T5 version. But someone tattled because they couldn't figure it out and didn't want anyone else having a bit of fun. Ah well at least one of my roms can pilot it =)

Er yeah tangent, roms could claim any ship for Fed and KDF if it came in those little inventory boxes. As far as I know this issue is resolved. The trick is to figure out a way that you can get that box in the hands of a Romulan, as far as I know this is not possible on guramba and only steamrunner.

• this1isavailablethis1isavailable Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OP?

-a2b faw scimitards using valdore console
    -singularity jump
    -tact buffed fbp crit chains which were both fixed but now back in the game (provides instakill to all your attackers by pressing only 2-3 buttons).

But i'm not sure BO or other legit damage abilities need a damage cap.
  • redsnake721redsnake721 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Sorry Siri is not translating well. I ment to say KDF/Romulan Boffs. The palyer I was referring to had the Nausicans with the damage boost and the Romulans with the CRTH boost. And all Spire CritD consoles. The Javoline seemed never to miss and crit everytime for insane numbers. He would circle around and wait for it to go off cooldown and then one shot someone. Fly off and circle then do it again.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    bpharma wrote: »
    There was a bug that let roms get the steamrunner ship, yes the T5 version. But someone tattled because they couldn't figure it out and didn't want anyone else having a bit of fun. Ah well at least one of my roms can pilot it =)

Er yeah tangent, roms could claim any ship for Fed and KDF if it came in those little inventory boxes. As far as I know this issue is resolved. The trick is to figure out a way that you can get that box in the hands of a Romulan, as far as I know this is not possible on guramba and only steamrunner.

i claimed and unpacked it as soon as my rom hit tier 5, it just turned into an item in my inventory, couldn't claim it :(

guess i waited to long
    edited January 2014
    Maybe DDIS, you had to double left click the icon when it became something in your inventory and then it would go to your roster. It no longer does that sadly and I've not been able to claim it on my character I actually want it on.

Though I do have it on my rom tactical, named it the impossible :)

• borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Theres no OP in MMOS. It's a average at most.
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What is OP?

Yeah yeaaah

Ohhh Ohhh

Well I dont know, whenever I queue, what else would I do, I want pew pew.

With all kinds of crit, and elite fleet gear, im feeling so strong.

What is OP?

Rommie dont vape me, dont vape me, no fair.

What is OP?

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

Well I dont know, whenever I queue, what else would I do, I want pew pew.

You know what I want, just me and you, one v one.

What is OP?

What is OP?

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

What is OP? Oooh ooh oh

What is OP? Oooh ooh oh

Don't vape me...

Don't vape me...

I want no warbird, no overpower

This is hopeless, re-spawn

When we red alert, a nap in the dirt

Is it cheese?

What is OP?

What is OP?

Yeah yeah

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

Whoa ohh ohh ohh

What is OP?

Rommie dont vape me, dont vape me, no more.

Rommie dont vape me, dont vape me, no more.

What is OP?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktbhw0v186Q
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been thinking pretty much that same thing since this thread began, Rylan. :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What is OP is being able to one-shot someone on the ground with a single strike, or alpha strike someone in 2 seconds in space.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2014
    I think the better question is, what is UP (underpowered) or not OP. OP is all lockbox ships that have few(er) tradeoffs than c-store and better stats overall. OP is all the consoles and the cheese that goes along with them. Free battlecloaks for Voth ... invincible shields that reflect damage (take that FBP) ... Wells set that rewinds time and damage ... etc.

There is a lot of blatant OP an P2W stuff here. Sadly, the vets having invested so much of their time and/or money refuse to acknowledge or downplay.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • wolverine595959wolverine595959 Member Posts: 726
    edited January 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    I think the better question is, what is UP (underpowered) or not OP. OP is all lockbox ships that have few(er) tradeoffs than c-store and better stats overall. OP is all the consoles and the cheese that goes along with them. Free battlecloaks for Voth ... invincible shields that reflect damage (take that FBP) ... Wells set that rewinds time and damage ... etc.

There is a lot of blatant OP an P2W stuff here. Sadly, the vets having invested so much of their time and/or money refuse to acknowledge or downplay.

Don't blame the "vets" we all have known about the power creep that started with p2w. All those consoles should have been locked to the ships they came on.

To damage cap, I would be all for it if they put a diminishing return on ships heals and resists. IE "Battle Fatigue", no ship should be healed back to 100%, it should be a percentage in other words if you took 10K in damage the first time "fully" healed only 9.5K would be healed, the next 10K in damage you take and subsequent heals would restore 9k with a floor at 50% of damage taken. The only way to get back to 100% is to die in a battle zone. This would get rid of the overhealing or just stacking heals on the weakest ship. This will make team play more key and making healers and sci be more judicious with there heals. Wit the only exception being self heals would be a constant 95%. Of course it would depend on if the coding int he game can keep up with the calculations.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
    edited January 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    I've advocated for something similar and it's a system currently in place in STO. Ship injuries.

In PvP if you receive critical damage and may be healed but you may not repair your ship until you respawn. Then ship injuries are repaired automatically.

This would help against Rolfstomps bc as long as you've damaged the opponent and you have a better chance against them as their systems are less effective. Once they die they come back in at 100% but you've scored the point at least.

Maybe with alerts that say emitters are 50% or EPS is 75%. Because in battle there is no way a ship that was a breath away from warp core breach is back to show room shine after 4 seconds of uber healing.
    Hey I Used to be Captain Data, well I guess I still am in game but the account link really screwed everything up :rolleyes:
    edited January 2014
    Don't blame the "vets" we all have known about the power creep that started with p2w. All those consoles should have been locked to the ships they came on.

I would go as far as to blame the fed exclusive players that whined that KDF had some of the better consoles and then cryptic did the cross faction lockbox consoles. Somewhere along the way Cryptic lost the focus that this was a factional game when it came to PvP each faction was supposed to have an advantage over the other faction then cryptic started making fed ships that took on the roll of the bop with more hull and shields and the optimum boff layouts then muddied the water more by funneling all players to the Roms so that now it is a RvR instead of FvK.
  • s7ikes7ike Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    IMO pvp died when alpha's started to get nuc'd off at 30sec. Now the only way to get a guaranteed kill is to maximize your one hit potential.
  • solarstreaksolarstreak Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    s7ike wrote: »
    IMO pvp died when alpha's started to get nuc'd off at 30sec. Now the only way to get a guaranteed kill is to maximize your one hit potential.

Indeed tac's more reliant on damage over time like from cannons etc, are really messed up easily by nuke. Maybe the answer is turning captain buffs like Attack Pattern Alpha, and Rotate Shield Frequency into "blue buffs" that can't be nuked off? Seems like it could help.
    Selun'x Alien Sci - Zarza Reman Tac