test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fast and the Flurrious

azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Players getting Disqualified for cutting too close to the wall in the turn after the fallen tree and cliff.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    WOW, just now noticing that ?

This has been happening since the 'fix' last week. Just cut your corner earlier- no prob.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have been the victim of this bug myself. I was not even close to the damned turn, and still gotten DQ. Once I was racing with some fleeties, and they saw that I was in the middle of that track in that turn, and I got a DQ, in the middle of the circuit, was not even close to the edges.

I have noticed others saying getting a DQ in that corner aswell, so I would check to see if the DQ "lines" might be set a bit too close to that corner....
  • tjchaptjchap Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    There are just too many problems with this race. Though I'm sure those that have figured out how to play the system will disagree (not cheating necessarily, but not straightforwardly running the race like a normal person).
    The flags suck. I can't count the number of times I've lost races I should have won due to a system hiccup (connection or otherwise). Its painful to be first only to be last suddenly.
    Another annoying thing I've noticed is race disqualification due to sliding off the track. It rarely happens to me, but there's one corner in particular that is completely unforgiving (the one before you jump off the cliff). It will disqualify you for just getting close to the edge. I mention this, because I've seen those before mentioned people that game the system will actually cut some corners without penalty.
    I think for next year, Cryptic needs to revamp the race so its fairer, harder to disqualify and to "cheat", and make winning the race more about hitting the finish line first then grabbing a flag.
    Ensign Spark Engineering Delta Squadron
    Current Location: Utopia Planetia Dilithium Processing Department
    Current Assignment: To process large quantities of dilithium for new starships.
    12th Fleet, United Federation Of Planets