torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Ten Forward
Q or Dr Who..?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dojegundojegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Even though Doctor has special powers and great knowledge about technology and universe, Q is still an omnipotent immortal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nobody gets in until the Federation decides to make bigger doors.
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2013
    Hmm... never heard of 'Doctor Who'.
    The Doctor maybe?

Still probably Q.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    artan42 wrote: »
    Hmm... never heard of 'Doctor Who'.
    The Doctor maybe?

Still probably Q.

Doctor Who is a British Science Fiction TV series that has just celebrated its 50th Anniversary. It is about an alien that looks completely human that travels through time and space with human companions. When the main character or the Doctor dies, then he goes through a regeneration that makes him look completely different and acts completely different so obviously the actor playing him quits or is fired for whatever reason and a new actor plays him. Most of the series are before the '90s while the newest one started in 2005 with a Christmas special last week.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Q. Q pwns.

If it were a contest of awesomness alone, the 4th, 9th, and 10th Doctors would win. Otherwise, Q all the way.
  • Options
    dahminusdahminus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    Doctor Who is a British Science Fiction TV series that has just celebrated its 50th Anniversary. It is about an alien that looks completely human that travels through time and space with human companions. When the main character or the Doctor dies, then he goes through a regeneration that makes him look completely different and acts completely different so obviously the actor playing him quits or is fired for whatever reason and a new actor plays him. Most of the series are before the '90s while the newest one started in 2005 with a Christmas special last week.

*whoooosh

That's the sound of the point going over your head

I haven't watched doctor who but I can assume that the doctor's name isn't "doctor who"

I could have also just looked like an TRIBBLE, but I'll take that gamble
    Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    starkaos wrote: »

As Dahm pointed out, the character's name is just "The Doctor". They even emphasize this repeatedly in the show if you'd been paying attention ("Doctor who?" "Just 'the Doctor'.")

The Doctor can time travel and technobabble devices with his screwdriver. Q can adjust universal constants to his liking. Advantage: Q.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Sadly Q...
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Quite clearly Q would win. he is omnipotent and only has to snap his fingers at any point.

unless the match was actually taking place in Dr Who, then the doctor would talk very fast, run around for a bit, press a button on his sonic screwdriver than he has never pressed before, will never press again and Q would magically disappear in some deus ex machina shenanigans never to be explained.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It is not a matter of who would win. It is a matter of who would be sassier. Either way, that conversation would be totally priceless.
  • Options
    QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited December 2013
    Is it even a question?
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited December 2013
    Q wrote: »
    Is it even a question?

Ah!!! :eek: you scared the tribbles out of me Q!!!!!!!! But then again you are Q.... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Is it even a question?

HOLY TRIBBLE IT'S Q!!!!!

*throws self at Q's feet*

How may I serve you, great one? And can you please write your autograph on my chest? Please?????
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is it even a question?

You're forgetting something. The Doctor is always one step ahead of all his enemies, and he'll be one step ahead of Q, no matter what Q throws at him
  • Options
    thegalaxy31thegalaxy31 Member Posts: 1,211 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is it even a question?

Nope. It will never be a question of mine atleast.
    I would love to visit this star in-game...or maybe this one!
    Won't SOMEONE please think of the CHILDREN?!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    You're forgetting something. The Doctor is always one step ahead of all his enemies, and he'll be one step ahead of Q, no matter what Q throws at him

Q turns TARDIS into hamster.

Problem solved.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    Q turns TARDIS into hamster.

Problem solved.

Exactly. Q would pwn the Doctor, in any realistic contest. If it were an awesomeness contest--certain Doctors would win. Others (*cough* 11th Doctor *cough*) would get turned into sea slugs.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Does Q have le Sonic Screwdriver? :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    steamwrightsteamwright Member Posts: 2,820
    edited December 2013
    Depends. How much time does the Doctor have to plan?

Oh, wait, that's Batman. :rolleyes:

Sadly, it'd be Q without reservation. Even if the Doctor pulled a stunt like he did in the 50th, and notified his first incarnation to begin planning to stop Q, by the time he reached his 13th incarnation, he'd still be toast.

Now if it was a battle of wits, and Q limited himself to that, the Doctor might have a chance...of coming in second. Sorry, still Q.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    icegavel wrote: »
    It is not a matter of who would win. It is a matter of who would be sassier. Either way, that conversation would be totally priceless.

I know next to nothing about Dr.Who other than it's a long running show.

However, I will +1 for Q's special way of doing things with a sense of humor.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Against one Doctor he'd probably win, but against all 13 together in 1 place, I doubt it.
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The opinion that Q would win is idiotic, and here's why:

When you're omnipotent, the only interesting thing in the universe are other minds in which you can find stimulation and entertainment and challenge. Killing them gains you nothing. Being alone to manipulate dead matter like stars and barren planets with your omnipotent godlike power will get boring after a few hours. Other minds are the universe's wild-card that makes existence interesting for a being like Q.

Q doesn't just snap other living beings out of existence in a fit of petty rage when they defeat him in the intellectual arena. Picard bested Q all the damn time. Q never killed Picard because then who would he gloat to? Defeating an opponent via your own raw power when they have no power like your own is an act of primitive pettiness that Q despised early humanity for.

The Doctor would always, always outwit Q and beat him in the intellectual arena and Q would always come back for more. Q would secretly love it.
  • Options
    dojegundojegun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Killing them gains you nothing.

Who said anything about killing. I thought they are having a pie eating contest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nobody gets in until the Federation decides to make bigger doors.
  • Options
    emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Actually, if he were armed with 'the moment', the Doctor might stand a chance. Although, such a scenario would beg the question of whether using a weapon would count as a 'victory'.
    http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Moment

I will also note that, as powerful as the Q are, we have seen evidece that they can be stripped of their power, imprisoned and even killed by their own kind. It is therefore fair to assume that a being of equal or greater power would be capable of the same.

None of that matters. Q doesn't destroy intelligent beings to "win". There's nothing to be won that way.

Nobody here gets Q.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The opinion that Q would win is idiotic, and here's why:

When you're omnipotent, the only interesting thing in the universe are other minds in which you can find stimulation and entertainment and challenge. Killing them gains you nothing. Being alone to manipulate dead matter like stars and barren planets with your omnipotent godlike power will get boring after a few hours. Other minds are the universe's wild-card that makes existence interesting for a being like Q.

Q doesn't just snap other living beings out of existence in a fit of petty rage when they defeat him in the intellectual arena. Picard bested Q all the damn time. Q never killed Picard because then who would he gloat to? Defeating an opponent via your own raw power when they have no power like your own is an act of primitive pettiness that Q despised early humanity for.

The Doctor would always, always outwit Q and beat him in the intellectual arena and Q would always come back for more. Q would secretly love it.

This, actually, makes perfect sense. This entire comment +10 thousand.
  • Options
    brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited December 2013
    icegavel wrote: »

I'd pay cash moneys to see that.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It would be a stalemate, since Q doesn't indulge in shows of force nor does the Doctor so it would be a battle of wits, either they would end up on the same side or they would would both walk away from the encounter convinced they had both won, Q and the Doctor have one thing in common, they are both consummate con-artists.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    dahminus wrote: »
    *whoooosh

That's the sound of the point going over your head

I haven't watched doctor who but I can assume that the doctor's name isn't "doctor who"

I could have also just looked like an TRIBBLE, but I'll take that gamble
    starswordc wrote: »
    As Dahm pointed out, the character's name is just "The Doctor". They even emphasize this repeatedly in the show if you'd been paying attention ("Doctor who?" "Just 'the Doctor'.")

The Doctor can time travel and technobabble devices with his screwdriver. Q can adjust universal constants to his liking. Advantage: Q.

And where did I say that the Doctor's name was Doctor Who? I specifically said "Doctor Who is a British Science Fiction TV series." Also, the Doctor's name is not the Doctor, but it is never mentioned in the series and is some huge secret that would cause immense problems if his name is known. After all, the Doctor was a pretty old man when he first took the TARDIS out. So he has a history that no one knows about when he was younger and it is extremely doubtful that he would have been stuck on Gallifrey considering his adventurous side. My response was to a valid question since not everyone knows about the Doctor Who series.