test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changin maps BOFFs dissapear and chat issues`

summerrenobaumsummerrenobaum Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited January 2014 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
While teamed the team chat stops working properly and sometimes routs chat to local or they cannot hear me at all.

Then when I exit ESD to go to Sol system all my BOFF's are unassigned from the stations.

What gives?
Post edited by summerrenobaum on

Comments

• summerrenobaumsummerrenobaum Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Also,.. when I try to chat in team the first time I type something and hit enter it doesn't go through. I have to re type it..

Really? you have had years of fail with chat,.. get it fixed already..
  • nanomorphnanomorph Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The problem with team chat is a rather easy one, what is presented as "[Team]" is aliased to a unique team channel that doesn't currently exist (it's probably the one you were previously in), because it's dynamically created for each team, but doesn't properly bind to the team channel you're actually in when it changes for each instance.

It might be more useful to use local chat, since that at least autobinds to the instance you're in regardless of the real name of the team chat channel you're currently in.
  • decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have encountered the "BOFF Unseating" bug many times as well. I've reported it, posted about it on the forums and seen many threads about it, but the developers appear to have a blind spot regarding this bug. It's been plaguing me for months, but I've never seen a developer response to any of the threads discussing it, nor has it ever been acknowledged in the list of known issues.

I've seen a large number of posts from people on the forums who claim to know what causes this bug, or have a solution, but they almost always assume that you have changed ships, added or removed a ship from your character, or done something else to change your character's database structure. I have seen this bug surface many times by simply changing zones. For example, I was once doing the Neutral Zone dailies. When I did the Satellite repair mission my Bridge Officers were in their seats. When I exited to sector space, traveled to the Alhena system and entered it for the supply depot mission, all the Bridge Officer abilities were missing from my Tray.

I have found that when this happens, if I slot my bridge officers back in, the abilities will usually re-appear on the tray where I left them. If I accidentally slot the wrong bridge officer into a station then I won't be able to recover my tray properly. My solution was to create a folder on my computer and place a screen shot of each characters' power tray so I have a reference to reconstruct it should it be lost. I also created a text file listing each character and what bridge officers occupy each station to use as a reference when re-slotting the bridge officers into their chairs.

I would also love to see the ability to save tray configurations to the user's computer. Even if we were able to write a script with some commands to slot particular bridge officer abilities in particular tray slots that would be wonderful. I think that with proper error checking this could be implemented in such a way that it could not be exploited (ie. read the file, if the bridge officer with that skill doesn't exist, or the power isn't available in the bridge officer's current station, don't slot the power).
  • decker73adecker73a Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It looks like there is a ship management system coming down the pipeline (with season 8.5). Hopefully this will give us a mechanism to mitigate this bug.